News

Meet the “First Couple” of MMM Nigeria – Chuddy & Amaka Ugorji

BellaNaija.com

chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-7MMM is the hottest topic in Nigeria right now.
With the news that the Ponzi scheme has paused withdrawals for one month, speculation is rampant about the future of the scheme. While loyal followers believe that it will be back – “bigger and better”, others are concerned and social media is awash with questions without clear answers.

As inquiring minds peer deeper into MMM Nigeria, preliminary findings show that MMM Nigeria is not directly owned by the original Russian founders.
Instead, a number of Nigerians are said to have spearheaded the scheme in Nigeria.

Chuddy Ugorji has been identified as MMM Nigeria’s No 1 Guider (as confirmed by the MMM Nigeria official blog).
Chuddy is a graduate of Karnataka State Open University in India. He joined MMM Global in 2015 and in 2016 played a major role in popularizing the Ponzi Scheme in Nigeria.

See his first ever tweet on MMM

Here is the message he shared yesterday;

This is from MMM Nigeria Guider 1 Chuddy

Hi Mavrodians, As we all must have seen in our PO of the news on Mavro frozen for a month.

This isn’t the first of its kind. It happens when there are excess PANIC in the system

It was placed on Zimbabwe and after the duration it was lifted.

This idea is brought forward to Calm the members down on intending Threat the FG and Mass media has planned on the system.

It doesn’t mean that there is no more money in the system because in my PO now as a guider, I have about 2million+ PH orders. And I know it would be like that in most Guiders PO too. So you see!!! Money to pay out the orders wouldn’t be a problem.

But the Admins needed to apply measures to sustain the growth of the system. In order to fight issues that may arose as a result of Massive PH already this xmas.

Issues like

? Uploading of Fake POP

? non confirmation of orders and the rest.

So this is the best strategy to put FG to shame.

We all need not panic as our money is in safe hands. Check out your Mavros and you see your money is intact both for 30% bonuses and 20% accrued bonuses

You can keep PHing if you have the money, though you will definitely not be matched until Mavros are unfrozen. But that will really go a long way for you as your PH made this December will surely be giving you extra 20% after paying out next year.

No cause for Alarm

We live to expect a stronger MMM by January 14th, 2017

Guider Chuddy

chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-10Today, his wife Amaka Ugorji shared this message on Facebook;

Fellow die hard participants
It is with calm and calculated mindset that I am writing to you, if I say I don’t feel your worries, I lie, the pause in MAVRO was necessary having in mind that it’s better to struggle in the morning and enjoy in the evening meaning it was necessary so we can still have a robust well structured MMM by JANUARY, in times like this all we should do is restructure our budget plan and forge ahead in anticipation of a beautiful extraordinary January, goldsmiths strike the metal when very hot, it’s time to see the opportunity that is inherent in this situation and tap into it.
Furthermore I implore you all to be your brothers keeper, your downlines are practically your family, help calm their frail nerves, give them the hope they seek and for those that were dependent on the proceeds that was to come this December to enjoy the season, invite them to share in whatever you have so we all exhibit the bond that MMM ideology preaches.
You are all important and I want you to calm and trust the system.
#istandwithMMM.

She also posted a series of messages over the past few days emphasizing that MMM is still in business.

Why do people pray for MMM to crash? …
Around the world, mainly in Nigeria, MMM have helped thousands of people sustain a living.
Today, it entered a temporary #pause mode, and so many people and media will come out to make the masses panic the more.
Now let me ask..
* what do we do when people owing us tell us to give them one month to pay? WE WAIT!
* what do we do when our employer tell use he cant pay salary for 2 months due to accrued debts? WE WAIT!
* All the civil servants that the government have been owing for months, what do they do? THEY WAIT!
*what do ladies that are dating and the fiancee promised them next December, what do they do? THEY WAIT!
* all the campaign promised that are promised to us and is to be fulfilled, what are we doing? WE ARE WAITING!
* most of us spent millions to get a certificate in various schools, yet no job, what are we doing? WE ARE WAITING!
THE COUNTRY HAVE TRAINED US TO ALWAYS WAIT.
Most of us have made 5 × of what we started with in MMM so… WHY CANT WE BELIEVE IN THIS SYSTEM NOW.
WE WILL COWARDS TO START WRITING RUBBISH ABOUT MMM.
MMM HAVE HELPED MILLIONS.
IF THEY WANT TO SHUT DOWN, THEY WONT GIVE U ACCESS TO LOG IN TO THE SITE…
IF IT HAVE HELPED YOU BEFORE, DONT BE A COWARD, BELIEVE IN IT NOW, …..I PERCEIVE A JOYFUL JANUARY FOR ALL MMM PARTICIPANTS .
IF YOU HAVE SPARE MONEY, PH, YOU WONT BE MATCHED TILL JANUARY… AND YOUR MONEY WILL GROW IN YOUR POCKET.
#copied
na people when nor dey do MMM dey shout pass

Another message read;

++++++MMM Nigeria is waxing stronger and stronger against all odds!!!
Do you believe in this community Yes or No? Is a thing of the Mind.
Cast away your fears all sincere Mavrodians. Sustainability is the KEY!
Patience is a Virtue in Life and in MMM Nigeria
#MMMcantcrash
#IrepMMM

Amaka married Chuddy Ugorji on the 12th of November 2016 and their wedding was a certified “MMM” affair with the scheme’s logo and colours prominently displayed all through the festivities.
Their wedding was graced by socialites and celebrities including 5 Star Music’s Kcee.

chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-1 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-3 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-4 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-5 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-8chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-14 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-9 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-11 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-12 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-13 chuddy-amaka-ugorji-mmm-15

The couple have played a starring role in MMM’s emergence in Nigeria and now sources claim, they have made “millions of dollars” from the scheme.

A friend of the couple disclosed, “this time last year, Chuddy was still struggling, I was at his wedding and I could not believe it, things have really transformed. MMM members were out in full force at the event as well.” He added that prior to MMM, “…Chuddy has previously been involved with other online schemes including the Dubli Network, Dubai Fun Club and United Paycheck though he hit it big through MMM”.

Let’s see how this progresses.

Photo Credit: Amaka Ugorji – Facebook

1. Lol

December 14, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Mmm is doing mannequin challenge Hahaha

• wale

December 14, 2016 at 11:46 pm

Hav never seen where a business shot down becaus of what the media Is saying about them

• John Doe

December 15, 2016 at 12:37 am

You’re misinformed.

• Ada

December 15, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Lmaoooooooo I howled upon reading this. ?

2. Kem kem

December 14, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Efcc should carry him. See his head

3. X-Factor

December 14, 2016 at 7:43 pm

I already said that the open letter to Buhari was written by a Nigerian and NOT Sergei Mavrodi. Now it is clearer!….( I m sure you can figure it out). These scammers have decided to deprive their patrons of their plan to have a decent christmas/end of year gigs. O ma se o

Dear MMM tribe.I guess you guy s will have to tread cautiously here, this is Nigeria NOT Zimbabwe or South Africa. As an entrepreneur, i can tell you for free that whereas everywhere in the world, models operate under normal circumstance(s), in Nigeria, everything is always under abnormal circumstance(s).

In this case this is my likely prediction
    1. 50%-80% of current patrons may have lost confidence in the system by January 14th. This may lead to huge withdrawals from the pool with little or no roll over, which will result in the potential crash of the system.
    2. Now that there is a face to the scheme, DSS, CBN et al may attempt to trace and place a hold on their accounts or associated accounts, this may disrupt the system
    3. Things may just work as planned and life continues good for all of you guys with huge risk appetite (least likely scenario)

In any case, Good luck

For conservatives like me, it’s back to the grind to work it out. God bless our hustle

• Anne

December 14, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Thanks X Factor. I put in 50k that I was saving in the scheme and I’ve already told my 50k goodbye yesterday( with blood and tears,LOL).I should have thought about how these guys would make their profit. All they need to do is to put in their friends/family/their own account details to get help(receive help).After all,they do all the matching from their end. Just this December they introduced 20 percent bonus and when you request to provide help, you would be matched instantly (unlike 2 to 3 days before). #Neveragain

• Babe

December 14, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Wow. So did you think this was a legit business? And if so, based on what? I ask our of genuine curiosity.

• Anne

December 15, 2016 at 12:30 am

@Babe. Greed o. And maybe desperation. I have learnt my lesson the hard way and I’m moving on. I’ll just add it to the loooooong list of things I want to be gone with 2016.

4. Baby gurl

December 14, 2016 at 7:50 pm

LMFAO y’all

5. Jj

December 14, 2016 at 7:58 pm

They have used people’s monies to plan their dream wedding lmao.

6. tunmi

December 14, 2016 at 8:20 pm

This thing is not going to be funny oh. My mum was tempted too

7. Ima

December 14, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I tried soo long to understand how the MMM guiders and Admin make their money and I just figured it out. Although I didn’t participate in the scheme but from what I’ve been told,MMM pairs you with someone then you pay the person. The guiders and Admin are constantly getting paired with people who provide help to them, if they want to scam people ,all they need to do is to program millions of people to pay directly into their account under the guise of getting help and this will definitely create an imbalance in the system causing it to shut down and they’d have ripped people off. This MMM isn’t aimed at helping people, it is aimed at making certain chain of people extremely rich before it shuts down. The rest of the beneficiaries are just pawns in the game.

• Idomagirl

December 14, 2016 at 9:04 pm

It’s a Ponzi scheme.
      They aren’t designed to help anyone, just to fleece gullible people of their hard-earned cash and enrich the originators.

• wale

December 14, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Abeg ima…can I buy u a car, you have sense, also do you use to be a yahoo yahoo…Abeg you sabi Wetin MMM do exactly…have being telling people, how do you know It Is not their account u hav being payin to

• dupsy

December 14, 2016 at 11:59 pm

So true and so painfully sad. Thank God you MMMs or is it MMMites all have a face to this ponzi scheme. Thanks for displaying his name so if everything goes AWOL like it looks it would there is a name and face Sai Baba and his EFCC cohorts can grab but looking at this expensive wedding I doubt you guys can get your money back, So sad!!

Please don’t condemn the people who invested in this scheme let us speak to them using encouraging words, the sun will rise again! They are undergoing a lot of pain right now so no need to add to their sorrows with words like ‘ I told you so! Please be kind!

• Bae

December 15, 2016 at 4:16 am

Maybe “condem” is not the word. But the masses need to be educated. Money doesn’t just appear. If you hear that you’re going to make 30% extra, something must be CREATING that 30%. Not just people giving help.

8. Udegbunam Chukwudi

December 14, 2016 at 8:29 pm

The nigga had better find his way out of Naija soon sha. MMM boys and babes ain’t smiling at all.

• Idomagirl

December 14, 2016 at 9:03 pm

I can bet good money he and his wife are already far away from the African continent.

• dupsy

December 15, 2016 at 12:03 am

Interpol will bring them back once the government can ascertain they fraudulently stole the money of Nigerians. They will issue an international arrest warrant where ever they are and they will be brought back to face the music. Don’t worry, gone are the days you do things like this and check out of the country. It will also be a lesson and deterrent to other prospective miscreants.

9. Engoz

December 14, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Blo-ody hell! A representative of a business telling its customers to ‘wait’ because ladies ‘wait’ on their fiances and government have taught Nigerians how to wait. When I accuse many Nigerians of extremely ‘flawed reasoning’ this is what I mean. Look at this woman’s conclusions. She cannot understand why people question a company’s sudden attempt to freeze withdrawals for one month because Nigeria is a country where people ‘wait’, so why should their own be different? Lord have mercy!!!!

• Smh

December 14, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Many Nigerians are daft.
      The way so many people reason is tragic.

• Vee

December 14, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I read a tweet from mmm Nigeria support handle and I was absolutely disgusted and wondered how people fell so cheap

10. Fabulous

December 14, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Dear MMM participants, now you know who to hold.

11. TA

December 14, 2016 at 9:24 pm

In saner climes, this Ponzi scheme operator Chuddy and this his wife Amaka would be in jail. But alas! We are in Nigeria.

• Kikikoi

December 14, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Why should they be in jail if I may ask mr jailer?

12. Marlvina

December 14, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Congrats to the couple. May you have an MMM filled honeymoon.

13. The Real Oma

December 14, 2016 at 10:33 pm

My own is, did this couple ‘apply’ for a Bella Naija wedding? if not why all their wedding pictures of this post? Why not just the picture of the man and woman as the Guiders, if you must?
    When i saw the opening picture i thought you were reporting about a couple who financed their wedding from proceeds from MMM.
    There was no need to go to their FB pages and lift their wedding pictures jare…

14. Becky

December 14, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Some people can be foolish sha!
    Bella Naija, so after spending weeks of ur time reviewing and shoving Tone down our throats, U plan on doing this with MMM so as to gain 1M comments!
    Why are people that are not participants of MMM taking panadol for our headache????? Is it your worry abi is it your money???? Mavrodi already told us to use our spare money, only the greedy ones did not adhere…. None of us have attempted suicide since yesterday so close ur eyes and sleep peacefully and stop worrying about MMM participants like u are being paid to carry our burdens on ur shoulders…….
    BTW leave Chuddy and our Guiders alone, they PH with their money so did we! We are aware of d risks involve with MMM!

• see this one

December 14, 2016 at 11:17 pm

ode!

• A Real Nigerian

December 14, 2016 at 11:55 pm

The typical stone-headed Nigerian who will never agree that she is wrong and lost.

• Bae

December 15, 2016 at 4:24 am

Lmao. Someone come and look at this mess that this person just typed!

• folu

December 15, 2016 at 11:25 am

Sorry for you..you have been successfully brainwashed. Receive sense in Jesus’ name

15. Becky

December 14, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Toke*

16. see this one

December 14, 2016 at 11:16 pm

ode!

17. Anne

December 14, 2016 at 11:28 pm

I still don’t understand how the 30% bonus is made in MMM. And anything I can’t understand, i run from it. Just maybe MAYBE, my brain is not sharp #selfshade.

18. chido

December 14, 2016 at 11:28 pm

…an a frnd called me 2weeks ago abt mmm that she wanted to join adviced her not to,s insisted and I tld her ok strt with a little 1st and when paid for d profit to invest,guess my advice wasn’t enuf,cos d next day she paid half a million nd now this news she got,i will rather rather rather money In d bnk yeilding 0.5 perc than 30 percent frm whr I can’t see an office in nja.MMMers am sorry fo u all. This is sad for u all in fake money doubling

• Bae

December 15, 2016 at 4:56 am

I have to be honest, it took several attempts to decode what you were saying. Why not just spell out the words so that everyone is clear?

• Bae

December 15, 2016 at 4:58 am

I legit didn’t immediately know what’s “strt” meant, for example.

19. NG

December 14, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Cant even deign to comment on this semi-illiterate couple that Nigerians yound and old, highly and lowly educated, male and female and of all shades of make up allowed to lead them on a mad dance of greed.
    Nothing new under heaven. MMM or another high profile ponzi will still come round tomorrow and many will seek to be early birds- cash in before the crash.
    That is amoral Nigerians for you. For those thanking God they escaped with some loot, just know that like the blood of poor Abel cried against Cain, so the cries of those with the short end of the stick are heard in heaven against your pockets. The losers did not lose their money to the air, no, they lost them in your pockets and bank accounts. I guess you can sleep easy on that fact because you conscience is nothing…just dead.

• le coco

December 15, 2016 at 6:10 am

complete greed I tell u.. He is proud that he made money off of a schême? he didn’t hutle, he didn’t find work, he didn’t start a business.. It is MMM? .. lol

20. NG

December 14, 2016 at 11:56 pm

*semi-literate

21. Yankeebabe

December 15, 2016 at 12:14 am

Abeg, wetin be MMM??

22. nwa nna

December 15, 2016 at 12:50 am

This nuqqa and his wife ain’t sweating MMM shutdown, you know why? These mofos have been getting a portion of all monies brought in my the MMM participants in Nigeria!! Ponzi schemes aren’t new, shyte happens all over the the world even in western countries, it comes in different shapes and forms.
    Unfortunately, the one common denominator is GREED!!!
    Anyone ever heard of Bernie Maddof? Do yourself a favor and read up on him, he’s the grand daddy of Ponzi in recent times.. If Bernie could run a Ponzi scheme on Wall Street for years amounting to billions of $$$ in investor losses, in a place like America filled with savvy investors & regulatory agencies talk less of a place like Nigeria where most people want overnight wealthy..
    MMM =Maga, More, Mumus

23. Progress

December 15, 2016 at 7:59 am

Glo are not trying at all , how can they trouble us with so much data and and they will stupidly make their service slow like what I don’t know. If they like let them rate it to 10k #1000 is of no use to people. I just want to let them know that their network is very slow and not helping at all please let them do something is very anoyed that one will subscribe and won’t make use of data till it expire . I said, no no and no.

24. Sakura

December 15, 2016 at 8:35 am

All I can see is the igbotic wedding, why aren’t igboti weddings as classy as hausa and yoruba weddings? No matter how much money they spend it’s still bleh……… I am generalizing o! I think it’s the MMM thing that is just annoying me.

• ghoste

December 15, 2016 at 9:19 am

Ewu!!

• Rockiee

December 15, 2016 at 3:52 pm

As in. See his shoe

25. FinchleysFinest

December 15, 2016 at 10:33 am

Nigerians should face reality.. MMM is a scam.. ITS a” first come first served -Get rich quick scheme” It will Crash. I did Wealth Solution in those days… People made money out of it. WE KNOW THE ECONOMY is bad but to say MMM is legit is just us fooling ourselves… Like they said :Only use your spare money.

26. So Amused

December 15, 2016 at 5:28 pm

And with all the MMM money she couldn’t get a classy reception gown…

27. National squirrel