Relationships

“Infidelity can never take me away from my home because I know how to handle it” – Actress Foluke Daramola responds to Rumours about her Husband

BellaNaija.com

Days after the husband of Nollywood actress Foluke Daramola-Salako took to social media to respond to people that constantly report his social activities to his wife, the actress has come forward to defend her husband and explain why infidelity is not a deal breaker for her.

In a new interview with Tribune, the actress addressed the rumours surrounding her marriage.

She said:

“I want people to mind their business concerning my marriage. It’s overflogged alread, everything about me is my marriage, my marriage, marriage! The pressure that Nigerians put on all celebrities and our marriages is not making the relationship healthy. Even if they see my husband with a woman, does it mean he has anything to do with that woman?

And even if anything should go wrong at the end of the day, if someone tells me about it, what does the person want me to do? Does the person want me to say I’m not interested anymore? I’ve always said that the only thing that can take me away from my home is physical and emotional abuse. Infidelity can never take me away from my home because I know how to handle it.

I always tell him that he can never find anybody like me. I know my man, I know myself and I know what obtains in my home, so what’s the fuss about? My husband is a public commentator, and even featured in my last film, nobody even talks about all these aspects of him, it’s just my marriage, it should have been over flogged by now.

I have found that a lot of Nigerians are sadists and just want to bring people to that place of sadness that they are, unfortunately, no one will bring me to that place of sadness because my marriage is intact. I’m happy with my life, it doesn’t mean we don’t have our challenges because we are human beings, but if I have any challenges with my husband, it will never be on the pages of newspapers or social media.

No matter what happens, it cannot degenerate to me leaving my husband because he is not a wife beater or an abuser, but as for infidelity, I can handle it very well.”

1. Anon

January 22, 2017 at 2:22 pm

The cane, the cane, the cane,..

• Temi

January 23, 2017 at 2:06 am

That constant and consistent chic a.k.a Karma already typed her address in the GPS. She about to hit SEND. Hahahah

2. Biggie

January 22, 2017 at 2:29 pm

Of course it won’t be a big del to you when you snatched someonelse’s husband. You separated the man from his wife.

3. Kaydollz

January 22, 2017 at 2:37 pm

What is infidelity if not emotional abuse? Stay condoning nonsense till he brings home diseases na then you go find sympathy ….

4. ify

January 22, 2017 at 2:40 pm

aunty clap for urself “Mrs handler” don’t worry still he brings back HIV that’s when ur eyes will open mumu

5. Chief

January 22, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Happy to see that women are waking up and accepting men’s nature,the way God made us.We men are no difference from animals,if two bulls are in a pen with 100 female cows,they will fight for the right to mate with all 100 female cows,only the dominate one will be able to mate with all the 100.Men’s ego is fragile to the point where we have to maintain that dominance just like those two bulls.Me,every time i look at women my mind drift south.This is our nature,it’s in our DNA.Cheating is a natural phenomenon.

All animals cheat with exception of a few.Men are hardwired to cheat and women are hardwired to forgive.Men have uncontrollable urges all the time.Our Grandfathers had many wives and mistresses.The sole reason why your average grandma and grandpa remain married to this day.I’m getting tired of explaining our nature to women.

• Sika

January 22, 2017 at 4:01 pm

You are foolish. So you think women cannot be animalistic? You think we want to ride one dick for the rest of our lives? Dude! It’s in a woman’s nature to also want plenty dicks – what stops her is discipline. Hence why humans are meant to be higher mammals! Our culture has programmed women to not cheat and has told women men are meant to cheat. Bullshit! Everyone likes a good f-k! Don’t get it twisted. What I find interesting is you men can’t take being cheated on but want forgiveness! Forgiveness my ass! You haven’t met the woman that will deal with you that’s why. This or generation don’t give a shit about all that rubbish! Ego my ass! More like you people want to kee controlling women- eating your cake and having it. I’m so happy Naija babes have opened eyes! Discrete – but sharp! Dey there! Stupid man.

• wellness

January 22, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Did anyone ever tell you that women are better cheaters. If a woman is okay with you cheating (definition of cheating might differ one to another)constantly, she is no longer in love with you/cheating on you/married you for other life comforts / just awaiting time/has horrible self esteem. Non of these are great for your security because onces she spots a better partner she will leave ur ass.

• T

January 22, 2017 at 6:15 pm

“We men are no more difference(different) than animals”.

I couldn’t read beyond that. I mean,what’s the point reading what an animal wrote? Speak for yourself,animal. Next time say…”I (insert name here) am an animal.”

• anon

January 22, 2017 at 8:03 pm

Love ya T. LMAO

• Pat

January 22, 2017 at 10:37 pm

T you have killed me lmao u really served that idiotic of a person.

6. word

January 22, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Same sermon iyabo ojo preached the other day. Reassuring ur man to goof all he wants…u dey kampe.

7. Me

January 22, 2017 at 3:03 pm

‘Infidelity can never take me away from my home’. Damn! All these Yoruba actresses and their low standards; if they are not bleaching then they are doing runs in the abroad, or they are snatching someone’s horseband or they are divorced or their ex is stealing i-phone.

Only yesterday Iyabo Ojo said her own and today this, Aunty you can’t handle nothing! A cheating man is a cheating man except the Lord changes him

• shadia

January 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm

I don’t think it is a ‘yoruba women thing’ , trust me it is a naija women mentality. I grew up hearing ds line from women around me, they seem to be very okay with cheating men and even go as low as teasing them about it. This is a repeated cycle, as a young girl( or even a married woman) you sleep with someone’s hubby n others sleep with yours and d cycle goes on n on. so sad

8. Carmen

January 22, 2017 at 3:06 pm

I just wanna sit on the floor,put my hands on my head,and wail for you. Hei God! Who did this to you?!!! What eroded your self esteem?And you had to announce it on social media! If this is the everlasting torment you’ve subjected yourself to,can you at least keep “KWAYET”!!!
    The man must be feeling like a demi god now.

You can handle infidelity.Can you handle the STDs too?You’re deceiving yourself if you think you’ll leave if he hits you. Aunty,you won’t leave.You will stay and ‘handle’ that too.This man has messed with your mind.You have not a shred of dignity or self respect left.The only way you’ll leave is if he throws you out. I feel nothing but pity for you.

God forbid the day a mere mortal will weild such powers over me. God forbid!

• Bimbo

January 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm

I love you, Carmen!

• Carmen

January 22, 2017 at 5:45 pm

I love you too,hun.

9. Tee

January 22, 2017 at 3:30 pm

The hubby said God ordained their marriage from heaven and the time was right for them to be together as bone of my bone. He said like 4 Pastors confirmed their coming together as husband and wife. Hmmmm!!! Men are liars, but not all men sha. Aunty Foluke what do you expect? Shame sef no go gree you leave your hubby cos you know how you got him. I hope he sends allowance to his 5children, if not the devil will use that against you and hence more punishment. I won’t use God’s name in vain,cos everything He does is good. Na devil be accuser of brethren. Anyway, like they already said, enjoy your STI. You get mentors in Victoria Beckham, she once put a seal on your statement and your god-mother Hilary Clinton, those ones can take shit for life. Your marriage your cross, you have chosen your battle. Me sef don choose mine, but mine no dey SM. I talk cos you made it public. Pele ti e!

10. nene

January 22, 2017 at 3:44 pm

these women say things like this because they also sleep with other people’s husbands

• get your eye test done today

January 22, 2017 at 5:44 pm

@Nene, you are spot on! They are on the game!

11. Andrew

January 22, 2017 at 4:16 pm

Will you leave your husband because he had an affair?If yes goodluck.. watch another woman take over your home and you loose all you worked hard for because he had an affair.. Im sure all the women commenting here are big egoed single women who have no experience about what life really is

• Ada

January 22, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Some people still don’t get it…..he will be the one doing the leaving??…

• Blueivy

January 22, 2017 at 10:46 pm

The minute he places himself between another woman’s tights. HE HAS LEFT YOU .SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY. With each hump , BUMP AND GRIND he is saying GIRL BYE GIRL BYE GIRL BYE. LMAO. To add insult to injury after he has finished enjoying another woman’s stuff he comes to mix her juices into you. Tufiakwa.

• I_I

January 23, 2017 at 10:41 am

Not in our God-given Nigeria

• Angelica

January 23, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Would you stay with your wife if you found how she were riding another man?

12. Cocolette

January 22, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Exactly Nene! After all isn’t it through infidelity that she married said ‘husband’? A marriage built on infidelity will require infidelity to continue to stand…in fact the day infidelity is removed from the equation it will collapse! So both she and husband should kwantinu

13. Marlee

January 22, 2017 at 4:30 pm

What come to mind is: was she having a smile on her face while typing this. Was she feeling so helpless. Why do people need to explain issues on social media. Do they really think anybody cares. Who was born married and who will die if not married. Marriage is not everything. Dont worry about marriages. Just do what you can how you can when you can and all will be well. Stop forcing marriage stories on people.

• Bev

January 22, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Please read properly, this was from a newspaper interview and not social media. Carry on.

14. Chizuru

January 22, 2017 at 4:32 pm

All this stupid people talking about another woman taking your man. Please make una excuse me senseless women. Another man no dey take una? Y all this rubbish take your man take over your home. Nonsense!!! What do you call a home??? And how is he your man??? Tufiakwa your man indeed. This is y most women end up in depression they will rather die than being themselves and living their lives without one miserable man that has preferred another woman to them. Rubbish talk Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww…… Very long one!!!?

15. Marlee

January 22, 2017 at 4:35 pm

And can one tell me if a married man or woman who is still in a marriage after contracting HIV from a partner is more full filled and happier than a single man or woman? Can you tell me if an abused woman or man in a marriage is happier that a single person. So please people if a relationship is not working dont force it. Just as people die so are relationships.

16. Sansarai

January 22, 2017 at 4:36 pm

@HisEggcellency: it’s my time I used to write the history textbook, it’s my mind I applied to the writing of the textbook, and it’s my fingers that got good exercise this afternoon – not yours. So, why is it paining you?

17. Solange

January 22, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Out of context, i have a gift to read face and this picture of Daramola has me shaken, my energy drown, making me feel so at unease. Sorry to say, Daramola should harvest in herself, and work on bettering her person.
    Daramola is too dark a person and should change her ways. Woo, that energy is overwhelming.

18. Amh

January 22, 2017 at 5:54 pm

It’s funny coming from someone of loose morals with uneven skin tone. Porous brained bed wench like you. You must be mad to spew rubbish from your maggot infested mouth. Brainless uneducated fowl with no pedigree.

19. Paul Adeyemo

January 22, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Thank you Foluke Daramola for saying the truth
    Men are polygamous in nature, if you cannot cope, you turn to a NUN. Husbands can cheat, nothing dey happen, any nagging that can cope with cheating should carry her load to her papa mansion.

• Bruness

January 22, 2017 at 8:05 pm

I totally agree with you. I pray Paul Adeyemo that the spirit of cheating continue to push you until you bed every woman you see. May you honor your wife with your philandering ways. May you in a bid to satisfy your whims and caprices father children with all the females you bed. Only then can you show your true strength as a man, only then can you fully exercise your DNA given right and only then can your wife truly adore you and experience with you and your numerous this beautiful thing called MARRIAGE!!!! God Bless

20. Sanda

January 22, 2017 at 7:17 pm

So sad that a woman will try to sell her lack of self worth to others. It’s not just the cheating it’s what it does to yourself exteem and the exposure to sexually transmitted disease. And what about the children in such marriages? What are you teaching them? Staying single or divorce is definitely better than staying with half a man. Real men; a whole man does not need to cheat. If you choose to stay madam, that’s your choice do not try to sell it to us.

21. Rose

January 22, 2017 at 8:04 pm

The only thing I got from this story is that her make up artist needs to be sacked.

22. Chuka

January 22, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I’m a guy. I married the love of my life. We fight, disagree make up . I’ll never replace her for anyone. She’s in my blood. I don’t have the urge to be with any other woman. I’m no saint go to church maybe Christmas , new year. I would never pollute the sanctity of my marriage by being unfaithful. For what?. It’s never worth it. Before I got married I messed around. Found out that I’m sorry to say but it’s a similar taste. The only difference is when you are with someone you love it’s special. You feel it. It’s like magic. So no I do not agree. Men are not polygamous by nature.its a choice. Some men continue to exhibit risky behaviour far after they have left teenage years because they are immature. Wetin you DEY find for sokoto DEY for inside sokoto. It takes a mature mind to realise that fact of life. And ladies if you got an immature man , you in trouble!!. Good luck with that shit.

• Blueivy

January 22, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Chuka if that is your real name your comment is giving me life this weekend. You are my guy goal for 2017 , I need a guy to feel I’m in his blood choi, who said romance is dead? Do you have any unmarried, unattached over the age of 22 brothers who ate from your mamas pot. That your wife is blessed. I hope she appreciates you sha o.

• ayaoba

January 23, 2017 at 12:03 am

You said it all!God bles you!

• Sheun

January 23, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Biko do you have a brother like you?

23. Chinois

January 22, 2017 at 9:35 pm

I feel what she is saying and iyabo ojo too is that just because your husband cheats it’s not a reason to leave the marriage. Technically a woman ends up loosing.

You built you me home together, have kids, have investments and he made a mistake to cheat then you say it’s over and you leave?? It’s not enough.

There is a difference between a serial cheater causing emotional abuse and a husband that cheated once.

So yes cheating is wrong and painful but it should not be the end of your marriage.

I am sure if you are not a cheater, you do other painful things to your spouse and it is forgiven but society has allowed us to believe cheating is the ultimate.

A partner that abuses you physically or emotionally, or disregards you in a marriage is worse than a cheater.

24. sad

January 22, 2017 at 9:37 pm

I think blogs should stop promoting all dese insecure comments,we have kids on social media watching and reading dese things .ure not telling dem d right tins.Little men will think is ok to cheat wen married young girls will think is ok to take a cheating man ,however you want to handle your home pls kip it in your heart we really don’t care

25. t.t

January 23, 2017 at 11:47 am

Biko,what is up with her right cheek?is it the handiwork of makeup poorly done or does she have shegede(mumps)???

26. Mo'Diva

January 23, 2017 at 1:05 pm

@ Chuka thumbs up

27. yummymummycumchick

January 23, 2017 at 4:47 pm

cheating from both men n women is like poop… a man cheating is like dog poop,everywhere n smelling pple see it …. a woman poop is like a cat poop . u dont see it everywhere but dey do regularly … MEN STOP FEELING LIKE A BAD ASS …. WOMEN R GETTING MORE CRAZIER BUT DISCREET .

28. Sheun

January 23, 2017 at 9:45 pm

She needs to reconsider her use of the word “sadist”. LOLOLOL!!!