Scoop

“Funny how the same issue has given some people high blood pressure for the past 4 years” – Stella Damasus on People criticizing her Birthday Message to Daniel Ademinokan’s Son

Actress Stella Damasus posted a message on Instagram yesterday wishing her partner Daniel Ademinokan’s son, David, a happy 9th birthday. The message simply read “Happy birthday boo. Too much love from us all”

According to a lot of comments under the post, her followers felt that the message was inappropriate and insensitive to the fact that Daniel was not spending his birthday with his mother, Doris Simeon, who used to be married to Daniel Ademinokan.

Responding to the comments today, Stella posted on Instagram, alongside a photo of herself and Daniel:

With all the things that are happening in the world, with all the recession people are complaining about, with all the people who are dying everyday, with all the injustice in the world, this right here is what some people have decided to dwell on. Funny how the same issue has given some people high blood pressure for the past 4 years. Funny how the same people cannot realize that regardless of what they say behind their phones, nothing has changed. In fact it’s getting better and stronger. Funny how wishing an amazing young man happy birthday just to celebrate him will cause people to bring out the ugliness in their hearts and their hatred for humanity. So sad that this wonderful young man will look at comments under his birthday picture and instead of the smiles that should appear on his face, he is extremely saddened at the fact that adults can be so terrible. So sad that the things he is taught never to do to others by adults are being done by adults. So sad that people cannot hold off their evil thoughts and words just for one day to celebrate the same person they claim to be looking out for. Everyone has their own life to live. Do you and let me do me and allow God who knows what man can never know, be the judge. Words from internet trolls and bullies can NEVER bring me or my family down. I have been through much worse and I am STILL STANDING. Ask about me. #nuffsaid

Photo Credit: Instagram – @stelladamasus

1. Pee

April 5, 2017 at 11:21 pm

Like I read somewhere and I concurred, if you don’t post your children’s pictures on IG don’t post Doris’ child on your IG page. Everyone has being through a lot too.

• Tola

April 6, 2017 at 6:56 am

It’s so TRUE! We have NO IDEA what her children look like because she never posts them on social media, yet she posts Doris’s son. Why? To what end? For what purpose? Don’t her children celebrate birthdays? Why doesn’t she post pictures of them too wishing them happy birthdays. I see this woman is plain evil. We are not getting high blood pressure over your headache, we’re just stunned at your level of insensitivity and callousness, Stella. You too, stop to think. If you’re right once, can we all be wrong all the time? You should know now that you’re doing it all wrong

2. Jane.

April 5, 2017 at 11:24 pm

Shut up silly woman. You own children don’t celebrate birthday? Why not put them up? Give the poor woman her child or let her see her child. Is it so much to ask? Be chating dust.

3. osa

April 5, 2017 at 11:40 pm

Better not to speak on an issue than to speak and erase all doubts as to how stupid and inept you are. Christ! This woman is a load of “self obssessed” crap

4. Cindy

April 5, 2017 at 11:57 pm

She is so insensitive, it is painful……Gush!!! You’re the one who is filled with hate hun….. What kind of delusion is bothering this woman??? Unless Doris was a threat to her son’s life, you and your so called husband had no right to do what you did. All your sob story won’t change the fact that you caused so much hurt and pain to another woman by affiliation. It’s worse because you who is a mother should know better. Can’t you reason with your “husband”?? No one insulted the boy, we wish him more than well so stop this reverse psychology abeg. Kolewerk! I saw the news earlier but jumped and passed saying it wasn’t my business but you just had to put out a rejoinder, didn’t you?? Those of us who didn’t care before now do because we’re appalled at your level of insensitivity. So so insensitive!! How old is this woman again??

• osa

April 6, 2017 at 12:54 am

She is an old fool who revels in her not so glam self. No iota of wisdom nor social graces in her

5. Spunky

April 6, 2017 at 12:15 am

By now, Stella skin suppose don thick like 200 naira kpomo. Chick no send ooO! If every woman is accusing her of snatching a man (an adult) from his wife, who then are the ladies frolicking with married men? Abeg, make una drink ice water take calm down.

• fine

April 6, 2017 at 12:58 am

who cares about how thick her skin is abi what are you saying gan?
      if it likes let it be as thick as leather, we don’t care!
      this woman is just not nice at alllllll, chai!…I feel for Doris.
      something somewhere is wrong Stella, when you try always to prove to people that you’re happy with Daniel.

• osa

April 6, 2017 at 12:58 am

I like the 200 Naira kpomo analogy. ????. Truth be told. Frolicking with another woman’s husband is wrong! (Asides the islam people). So the fact that her so called sin is less doesnt make her actions right. Moreso, with all this public show of her sheer stupidity

• Kaidan

April 6, 2017 at 9:23 am

Hi Osa.
      Just a tiny point of correction; It’s Muslims not ‘Islam people’. Also, there are strict rules in Islam in regard to men marrying more than one wife. I would have loved to share them with you right now but as this article is not talking about religion etc… I don’t think it’s the right place to start addressing it but please I urge you to look it up.

6. Diamond

April 6, 2017 at 12:18 am

Gosh! I didn’t know Stella Damascus is this stupid + foolish put together. Insensitive much! I don’t even know where to start with about this crap she wrote. I don’t even care about the husband snatching-ish.. My own is why take a child from his mother? Pls, how is it possible they continue to keep the boy all this long?

Where is karma when needed? Obviously, it misses address, doesn’t get it right all the time or doesn’t exist as bad thing happen to good people too.

• Jazz

April 6, 2017 at 11:13 am

Karma will strike at its right time cos the in the law of karma justice is always it’s distribution

7. PD Young Billionaire

April 6, 2017 at 12:26 am

People may be condemning those against Stella but the truth is that what happened in Doris’ case is painful.I pray no one goes through the experience.I pray we or our daughters don’t go through it.It is painful when a wife knows who her husband is dating while they are still married,but more painful that they eventually got married.But having said that,what can anyone do?God is the ultimate judge.
    I like the fact that Stella is beautiful,smart and intelligent but in this Doris’ matter,she no do well.

• osa

April 6, 2017 at 1:00 am

Which kain beautiful? For where?. With her puff puff face? Pls look at her well. Well applied make up doesnt equate beauty abegi.

8. Tee

April 6, 2017 at 12:48 am

@young billionaire, word!!!!! “It is painful when a wife knows who her husband is dating while they are still married,but more painful that they eventually got married”. And for her to first deny it that they were business partners. She had a column then that she was advising people on Christian life, love &marriage. The whole thing do me like magic. This na real marine spirit at work. If Daniel married a neutral person, e for no dey painful. Person wey your husband call partner and you come sabi as colleague. Hmmmmmmm

9. tunmi

April 6, 2017 at 2:24 am

This is why people need to speak out. Has Doris come out to publicly accuse Stella of anything? We Nigerians are too wicked and we really do not mind our business. Go find your market and watch it with 20/20 vision.

Seriously, stop.

And Doris who is watching all this play out. That is some ish on its own.

• kik

April 6, 2017 at 4:33 am

What do you want Doris to do for her or say in this matter? She’s cried about her son and how much she misses him, hence these Outcry! Leave Doris please. Allow Nigerians take Stella to the cleaners . She never posts her children’s pic but. Flys the boys pic all over social media…. Savage!

• keke driver

April 6, 2017 at 9:15 am

Did She cry on your shoulders? @Kik You definitely have no issues of your own… I’m sure you have never erred before too….Get a life and stop hating on people unnecessarily.

• Engoz

April 6, 2017 at 11:41 am

Absolutely Tunmi! These overconcerned Nigerians are extremely irritating. The sentiments are beyond ridiculous as if they are privy to the facts. And it comes from this nonsense ideology that a child should automatically stay with the mother. I totally disagree with that. The little boy has better economic prospects living in America with his DAD than in that God forsaken country Nigeria. The boy is better off with his DAD. Not only for economic reasons, social reasons as well on how to be a dignified man in society. I see how Nigerian mothers treat their sons, raising the next generation of entitled and lazy specimens on earth. In my house, my father always challenged my mum on this. In my husband’s house, his father was his greatest antagonist to my extreme pleasure of course. Nigerian women cannot discipline boys. Daniel made the right decision in taking his son with him. It was a very objective decision. Don’t let these professional ‘criers’ guilt trip you.

• FasholasLover

April 6, 2017 at 12:48 pm

@Engoz, Frankly, I get worried too when I read comments here some times. So, my friend and I discussed the manner people reason without complete facts and we both came to the conclusion that, for you to understand comments here most of the times, you must realise that some commenters are in their teens or at best in their early twenties and still living at home. Zilch experience about life and still enjoying from the bank of Mum and Dad.

10. Madman

April 6, 2017 at 2:24 am

To ban a mother from seeing her child is EVIL. Karma will knock.

11. Nkolo

April 6, 2017 at 2:25 am

Wetn do her neck? I’m worried.

12. becky

April 6, 2017 at 3:05 am

Stella***what u won’t take don’t give it back to others,u were once a widow,how much more d woman u posted her son’s picture wishing him a happy birthday,how would u have feel if jaiye’s family had denied u access to d children u brought to dis world?is better u don’t tell people to ask about u,cos law of karma await who so ever is not doing d right thing. snitch….

13. Ine

April 6, 2017 at 3:27 am

Please can someone post a link here where Doris said she hasn’t seen her son in years. Women folks are so confused. The guy left because he was not happy, obviously most ladies here would rather have him stay and abuse will set in. Shebi we dey advocate for waka commot if you are no longer happy. Or does it only apply to only women.

14. Felinda

April 6, 2017 at 3:37 am

i cant stand Stella but the one who pisses me off the more is Doris because as a mom – i personally feel she did not try HARD enough. His son will never forgive him.

I dont care what her excuse is. NO one will take my son away from me.

Stella lives near me here in gWinnett county Georgia and i see her at my local walmart once in a while, i just walk past her. . Daniel on the other hand is very nice person.

Doris – you did not try hard enough to get your son. No excuse

• Engoz

April 6, 2017 at 2:14 pm

So you will fight to take a child from his father, but you have a problem with a father taking his son from his mother? How hypocritical can you get? If you do not have any problem taking a child from his father, why do you have a problem with a father taking his child? Is there any evidence he is a bad father? You yourself just affirmed Daniel is a nice guy. So what is the problem?

15. Kike

April 6, 2017 at 3:56 am

U too fine…[email protected]….

16. Adukeologe

April 6, 2017 at 4:17 am

I have been so indifferent about their issues but this got me. Oh gosh it hurts! I don’t believe she snatched her husband, he isn’t a toy. But how can you Stella “a mother” be okay with her being denied access to her son, it is soooo unfair, so much so that Doris’ only picture she had to put up was one from him as a toddler.

Even if your husband is a coconut head that just wants to keep the boy for himself, can you not appeal to his inner man. I am burnt, if anyone tried to prevent me from seeing my kids, God knows I will raise fire and me and that person/persons involved will roast in it. Yes! I will rather die than have my kids taken from me.

Ole Oloju wonkoko that’s wants to eat her cake and somebody else’s too. So you didn’t just acquire Doris’ husband, you basically carried her whole family from her and left her with nothing. Keep deceiving yourself you don’t care what people think. Tief

• Ck

April 6, 2017 at 7:34 am

And you’re sure, from the comfort of your home that there isn’t more to the story? The man just randomly decided that despite public outcry he’ll keep his son away from the mother for no reason.
      Have you considered there may be a reason? Or that indeed Doris does see her so. (Especially as it’s been years since)? Or that even all 3 parties has reconciled the matter? Lastly, the family leaves in the US, do u really believe US courts would deny Doris visiting right to her child if she wanted to see him? None of us know the full story

It’s funny how 99% of the. Moments here are hate about something you don’t know about. Some people are certain she was dating him while she was married, how do you guys know this? what of the slight chance that nothing happened until he left his wife? I knew my husband for 7yrs before we got married, until we started dating 5yrs after we met I wouldn’t have believed it if someone told me I would be with him, I wouldn’t believe – to me he was a weird geek n I was madly in love with someone else. Surely if he or I were married n divorced before hooking up, will it be right for people to assume that in that 5yrs we definitely we’re frolicking?
      Lastly all blame is on the new wife, no one is saying anything to or about the man in question.? What if she advocated for the mum to see the child and he refused?
      Let’s stop being internet bullies n give benefit of doubt about matters we know little about. All these from a simple happy birthday message

17. o

April 6, 2017 at 5:02 am

BN which one is “her partner Daniel”?!! Have they not told the whole world that they are married??

What ppl are saying is not that she wished him well, but their grouse was why post David’s picture when she never posts her daughters pics. Don’t her daughter’s have birthdays etc. I think she’s trying so hard to project a happy family exterior. Esp trying to show that she’s now David’s mama. No problem. Na here we dey dey look. Story go soon change now. Ask Ms Jolie

18. Na wa o

April 6, 2017 at 7:38 am

Do you people read AT ALL? All she did was post a MESSAGE not a PICTURE. Besides, did Doris tell you she doesn’t see her child? You all are judging as if you have all the facts.
    As she said, Leave her to God who knows all things to judge

19. john

April 6, 2017 at 7:48 am

20. john

April 6, 2017 at 7:49 am

Has Doris come out to publicly accuse Stella of anything? We Nigerians are too wicked and we really do not mind our business. Go find your market and watch it with 20/20 vision…..gbam agree with u tunmi..bunvh of hypocrites women are..carry go stella..no send anybody and their cheap china phones..they can all go and jump in the lagoon

21. poplolly

April 6, 2017 at 8:09 am

Nobody does this and get away with it. And for those applauding Stella, telling her to carry go… Just pray you don’t ever find yourself in Doris’ situation

22. keke driver

April 6, 2017 at 9:07 am

Gosh! So much bitterness here…It’s not that deep abeg…………I wonder why you guys hate stella so much like you’re any better……..HYPOCRITES!!!

23. ouch!

April 6, 2017 at 9:28 am

And I used to like this woman until she fucked up

24. Bay

April 6, 2017 at 10:25 am

DID YOU PEOPLE EVEN READ AT ALL?????

Based on this article i’ve read, all she posted was a MESSAGE not a PICTURE.

You all judging as if you have all the facts.

As she said, leave her to God who knows all things to judge her

• Rabbish

April 6, 2017 at 5:37 pm

She should post a MESSAGE about her own kids first before posting about another woman’s child.

25. abby

April 6, 2017 at 10:39 am

For the first time ever!!!! I love all the comments..bellanaija people some of u have too much sense

26. rain

April 6, 2017 at 10:46 am

The man left the marriage willingly and moved to another woman . i wonder why Nigerians are still drinking panadol for another man headache. Most female advocate here always talk about leaving your spouse if everything is not working. is it for females alone? why cant a man leave his marriage too if it is not working? Stella carry go let the haters continue hating while you achieve more in your marriage

27. Josephine

April 6, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Stella should never have posted a message. This is the only result she was ever going to get so is that she’s bored and needs attention today? If she was wise and discreet she would have spared the boy the comments she caused and is now saying will upset him. Her situation is messy, full stop. If she’s happy in it that’s her business but its obvious that she should avoid putting that part of her life out there in any way.

28. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

April 7, 2017 at 1:09 am

Sigh!

We really need to be very careful with how we judge people whose private lives we hardly know. Stella works extra hard to be hated no doubt but we should also look at Doris.

Doris from what we can see sure enjoys the fact that her boy is with his father – maybe for eventual American citizenship benefits or the fact that he’d fare better under his father’s wings (yes it is possible). Maybe Doris wouldn’t have done a good job, just maybe.

Doris was in the States last year to visit her son, the pictures were everywhere so I don’t think she doesn’t have access to him. She has moved on, she has dated and is still dating so these people are at least OK.

It just hurts seeing how their marriage turned out because they appeared to really love each other back then.

If Stella hadn’t reposted the birthday message, some would have complained, she reposted again, Na wahala. But like I said, she sure puts in extra effort at being detested.

29. Blessed Child

April 7, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Stella u no dey shame? How many husband you wan marry sef ? You called yourself a Christian and you are changing men like wrapper? What are you teaching ur daughters calling different men daddy. Moreover you are older than this Daniel
    After a while now you will leave Daniel and pick up another man. Anyway Na your palaver be that with your mouth like razor blade you will soon get your match

30. Ibitomi Afolayan

August 16, 2019 at 3:17 am

Some people are not sincere,if you support Stella to snatch Daniel and Doris son, I pray it will happen to you to, a woman will take over your husband, home and children,stella is a bad woman and very mean,you have girl child, do you pray to face what you make Doris go through? What rubbish message are you sending as birthday message, please leave the boy alone and her mother, there is God o.