Relationships

“The kind of love you want exists” – Zainab Balogun urges Women to not lower their Standards

In a couple of Tweets on her Twitter page, actress and TV presenter Zainab Balogun shared a couple of love nuggets for women.

According to Zainab, people should not have to lower their standards for love and a partner just because of criticisms of said standards.

She tweeted:

1. Me

April 13, 2017 at 4:28 am

Zainab has gotten huzzband ohhhh….all this positivity, it can only be love ;). Congratulations on your wedding in advance.

• Seriously

April 13, 2017 at 9:53 am

Yep! Not just huzband bcos anyone can get that but a decent man in the midst of frogs, that’s the only way she can speak so optimistic. And encourage others there are still good men out there.
      She’s gorgeous

• xoxo

April 13, 2017 at 9:48 pm

Exactly! There are different levels of “husband”.
      There are some husbands that will have you contemplating suicide or wishing he gets killed during an armed robbery.
      And then there are husbands that will have you smiling-laughing 24/7, and praying to God to let the two of you die on the same day, in your old age, because you cannot bear the thought of living a minute without him! The second type is the kind I pray for!

2. Amy

April 13, 2017 at 7:14 am

Yes I believe u girl… It will come

3. Chioma Momah

April 13, 2017 at 7:24 am

I agree with “me” Zainab has gotten husband ! All these her tweets can’t be in vacuum! Congrats and may every single lady and man find who brings them joy.

4. Stephen Ron Wells

April 13, 2017 at 8:17 am

Okay. Must your standard be high?
    Wat if your created for a low standard will you force your self?or will you wait till your 90years
    Because your looking for a high standard
    Corruption ok.Greed ok
    Only God decides that’s why there’s so so much want in Nigeria.
    Zoo Nation.

• Anon

April 13, 2017 at 9:52 am

Do you have poor comprehension skills? She’s talking about a woman with standards deemed too high. Who is talking about people with low standards here?

5. Stephen Ron Wells

April 13, 2017 at 8:22 am

Wen alarm blow no be me go tell you to lower your standard right?

• Anon

April 13, 2017 at 9:52 am

Aww I didn’t know unmarried women couldn’t make heaven. Thanks for the info mr Ron wells

6. Talanie

April 13, 2017 at 8:34 am

You will eventually get what you desire. Hey Stephen, please take your biafran language from here.

• AntiTalanie

April 13, 2017 at 10:59 am

Kai you’d to go tribalisitc. Says a lot about your stupidity!

7. cath.

April 13, 2017 at 9:10 am

That is why after you have lowered your standard and brought her into your house, you either turn her into a punching bag or an absentee husband; because she is not really what you wanted! Keep lowering

8. AceOfSpades

April 13, 2017 at 11:35 am

If this is right, why do women crucify men who want a figure 8 lady, virgin, light skinned, reserved but not a bore and maybe even gets her own money.

Virginity doesn’t stop a woman from being whatever she wants and some women won’t be figure 8 with flat tommy but if that’s what some men want, why do women crucify them and then start preaching ‘don’t lower your standards’. Just curious!

• Alice

April 13, 2017 at 12:40 pm

WHat are you saying ?????? Like why do you men chat shit to derail from the conversation? She LITERALLY said don’t feel bad about your standards and don’t lower them if you feel they are important to you. Women get crucfied for wanting decent men with good careers that treat them like equals and you know. You know that’s what she’s taking about. Why do you men always make it about yourselves? The problem women often have is when a man says “I want x woman” he goes along to say “because y woman is *insert insult* eg with cooking, submissive, light skin and dark skin etc. Don’t intentionally be an idiot. We already have lemmerant and john to contend with

• FromSoftware

April 13, 2017 at 4:12 pm

“Women get crucified for wanting decent men with good careers that treat them like equals and you know. You know that’s what she’s taking about”….Well thats just YOUR own standard….What she tweeted was “The kind of love YOU want exists….” (emphasis on ‘you’). That being said, say for example i’m Johnny and the kind of love i dream of (you know the ones i read in those romantic books) is having a classy girl with natural long hair, who earns 7 figures but i can’t seem to find her, should i keep maintaining my standard and continue waiting or just find love in which ever standard it falls…..Yes men do get crucified by women too for maintaining their standards.

• AceOfSpades

April 14, 2017 at 9:56 am

You trying to be a feminist doesn’t mean you should be intentionally foolish. How many men out there work so hard and when work starts to pay off, they marry a woman who doesn’t have any income with hopes of building her. Most women never want a man with no income at all and that is a standard for them.

I’m not saying a woman should lower her standard. I’m not even saying she shouldn’t have standards but if a man has standards you come and start biting but you want to get protected for having your own standards (so much for equality/feminism).

I said I want this and this in my woman. If you can’t offer it then shift! If you want this and this in me and I don’t have it, I will also shift! If anyone brings down a woman who can’t cook or who isn’t a virgin and praises the one who can and who is….then you attack that person not me for just airing what is obvious that lots of women do.

9. Akin

April 13, 2017 at 11:50 am

Something serene about that Bae, She has this quiet spirit flowing around Her, met Her like 5years ago, She has this friend She comes to see, I think her friend’s name is Ronke or something, saw Her on EL, never knew She was that wedding planner in the wedding party, thought that was Funke Jenifa, until I saw Her name Wonu, jeez, my admiration rose a hunderdfold, now I follow Her on IG, snap,Twitter, even sent a request on FB, I’m starstruck, thats definite, now that She has being posting ‘positive thoughts’ of late, I better stay star struck instead of hoping, see the way I even use capital letter to describe Her , star struck definitely

10. ajikoko

April 13, 2017 at 12:07 pm

My own is this – if you want a high class man or lady; you yourself be high class. Standard for Standard-for this century people want to stay within their circle.I am presently working on myself-I want to be the kind of lady ill like to date if i was a guy.

• anon

April 13, 2017 at 3:35 pm

I concur

11. yummymummycumchick

April 13, 2017 at 5:27 pm

amen to that

12. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

April 15, 2017 at 9:57 am

Zainab, I call you my friend

“Nnem, ika di young,” when Nigerian men show their true colours, you will understand that they don’t want love, all they want is money

And you, (meaning, the woman or women involved in their lives,) better go and find that money

They are your views, the tweets; you are entitled to them

13. sisi

May 3, 2017 at 7:11 am

That’s what women say, till you realize you are the ultimate beard and front for a middle aged man who is well known for batting for the other team….