Scoop

So Sad! Omoni Oboli Loses Dad in Car Crash

BellaNaija.com

Nollywood actress and producer Omoni Oboli lost her dad this morning in a car accident.

The mom of three posted this morning on Instagram a photo of herself and captioned, “the devil is a liar, pray for me and my family.

Accept our condolence and may his soul rest in peace.

1. Jules

May 5, 2017 at 11:36 pm

So sad! May his soul rest in peace

2. Silent majority

May 6, 2017 at 12:43 am

Never lost a parent but seriously at a loss as to how Instagram is where to go when unbelievable tragedy strikes. How do you even gather yourself to find a picture? God grant the family strength during this difficult time.

• TEE

May 6, 2017 at 1:48 am

Few years back , I had an encounter with Omoni and she was far from humble.

To think she lost her dad and could stroll through gallery to select a picture of herself not her dad and post devil is a liar …I don’t get …adopted father or Rev father of your parish ? How self absorbed can one be ?

RIP sir

• chizzy

May 6, 2017 at 3:22 am

Can we just understand that the world is made up of people of different personalities???
      I grieve in silence, I bear a lot in silence but that’s because I am melancholic. Plus being in the health profession which could be depressing makes me more private, more melancholic, more introverted
      My sanguine sister lives differently, celebrates differently, and grieves differently. Everything for her goes on social media. She displays more emotion, but gets over it more quickly. I don’t criticize her, neither does she me.
      That’s why we have balance. If putting it out there/sharing this information is a relief of burden for her, let her be.
      Some people will not heal until they hear sorrys, prayers, comfort and well wishes. While some people don’t need it. (Now, some who dont need it might end up being suicidal, so supressing emotions and secrest may also be unhealthy). So let them be.

3. Ijebujesha

May 6, 2017 at 1:13 am

The dead man can’t be her Father. Maybe he was her step-dad. Or a very absent dad, at best. Or how else can this instagram fine picture post be explained? Maybe her publicist made the post sha but I’d be quick to fire such staff. Like I always say, te ni to ku lo gbe-it is the dead person’s affairs that has finished. The living are already posting pictures. Pray for the dead person-may God grant him eternal rest.

4. Nene

May 6, 2017 at 1:44 am

Such an attention seeker

5. Valentina

May 6, 2017 at 1:52 am

Nawa o, you can’t grieve in peace Omoni? Tufiakwa!!!

6. Valentina

May 6, 2017 at 2:00 am

Omoni I just googled you, you’re 39 and still acting like a teenager, posting what shouldn’t be posted? if you were a Muslim, you’d be a grandmama by now o, you better behave yourself!!!

7. ada

May 6, 2017 at 4:41 am

She is still the same humble person. Please let us all allow her to grieve. Remain blessed

8. Dee

May 6, 2017 at 5:25 am

The emoji used is what I have a problem with.

9. I'mJustSayn'

May 6, 2017 at 6:57 am

*liar

10. OkeneGirl

May 6, 2017 at 8:48 am

We should not be too quick to judge her. Since he died from accident, what if she put up that just when the accident happened and the man was still alive?

11. Sheri

May 6, 2017 at 8:50 am

I’m sorry but I have to say it…

When I saw the post on Instagram I couldn’t believe she posted a photo of herself. Couldn’t wrap my head around it. If it were someone else I may have brushed it off…but Madam Oboli? Nah. The same lady that did photo shoot in front of the high court when on trial for stealing someone else’s film script. So conceited.

May Papa Oboli rest in peace.

12. Beeeee

May 6, 2017 at 11:54 am

OMG, the hatred for this woman is real. Her father had not died when this picture was posted. She was simply asking her FOLLOWERS for prayers for her family. She obviously didn’t want to specify what the problem was. What is the need for all the subtle insults?????

13. Lliki

May 6, 2017 at 12:24 pm

May His soul rest in peace.
    But, Omoni why.?

14. Vee

May 6, 2017 at 1:02 pm

You pple have problem o.
    Expecting someone to live according to ur standards. Smh

15. liro

May 6, 2017 at 3:19 pm

I was going to say where is the please in d appeal for prayers, why such beautiful picture…why dis why dat but then again does it matter? she just lost her dad…..I don’t know u madam oboli I remember a video u had on instagram during the cinema tour of ur movie okafor law where u were eating with your dad…..am sure dis is hard but take heart ma and May his soul rest in peace

16. Mz_Danielz

May 6, 2017 at 6:39 pm

When my father died, I wanted to go the office the next day but my mum’s health constrained me. I resumed 2 days after with a new hairstyle, lovely make up and was all smiles. That’s the way we agreed to grieve as a family. I even changed my ward robe. Some colleagues gossiped about this but make no mistake, I was dying inside but I knew my father would want us to move on. Someone told my mother later, the way you and your kids took your husband’s death gave me strength while someone else told my mother that she has killed her husband and is now free to be herself after controlling his life. Meanwhile my mum was treating herself because one half of her body was unresponsive because of the shock she received. Till date we’re managing her left hand cos it still gives her problems. I won’t even talk about how we took turns sleeping in her room in fact sometimes, she’d insist we all sleep on her bed so that we’ll give her a reason to love cos honestly, there were times she just couldn’t imagine going on but to the world, she was all smiles. The point of this story is, let people grieve the way they want to. You don’t know the pain fear and hurt they have to hide.

Omoni, may God himself comfort you.

17. Ememobong

May 7, 2017 at 12:07 am

The devil ? is a liar??? What is he lying about??!! Sorry for your loss.