Music

“I do not do fraud” – Dammy Krane Releases Official Statement | WATCH

BellaNaija.com

Singer Dammy Krane has released an official statement following his arrest and subsequent release.

He thanked his fans, friends and parents for their undying support and assistance, saying that he is not a fraudster.

He also explained that he knew nothing about the incident as his flight details were handled by the agents who turned out to be fraudulent.

Watch video below:

#DammyKrane releases an official statement, following his release via @notjustok #bellanaija

A post shared by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

1. CovertNigerian

June 8, 2017 at 2:48 pm

The truth is that most of us haven’t given this guy the privilege of being innocent until proven guilty. His troubles fit neatly into our ‘celebrities living fake lives’ narrative and so it has been easy to believe in his guilt.
    It’s human nature to have an opinion, but now that we have an unambiguous denial from him in the absence of actual public evidence contradicting his claims, we should probably all just give the guy a break and let the judicial system do what it does best. It seems like a fairly straightforward defense that shouldn’t take much time to prove or disprove.

• jade edo babe

June 8, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Naijas and their weird sympathy. Na wa o, his excuse get k leg. Abeg jo, he knows about it. There’s no way an agency will book your flight with stolen credit cards without your knowledge. Naijas derserve their corrupt leaders. My naija people will see red but call it blue. Na today
      N

• CovertNigerian

June 8, 2017 at 10:14 pm

“There’s no way an agency will book your flight with stolen credit cards without your knowledge”

Sadly you think this is an intelligent response, so I’ll indulge you. Please explain how.

2. Smh

June 8, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Story man. Before was he going to come and admit that he does fraud ? You were posing in private jet but you didn’t know it was fraud ? Oshey Jay Z, Bill Gates, taty billion for the akant. You can afford private jet that’s why you entered. Smhpls yo sit down somewhere

3. CHERYL

June 8, 2017 at 2:56 pm

see heen, i am jst tayad of our celebrities with fake life, fake news and all, al is hash tags are now #nofakelove, i am guessing that is the new song he wants to release, the mug shot was questionable in the first place, i wont b surprised if this is all fake news in the first place, afterall, one lied and fake his death just to release a song, these ppl wanna trend by fire by force, make dem sha remeber falz song that said”even if you fake your death,you still fit no blow” but then again, e fit be true ooo hahahah, abegs, nothing concern me, make all of dem chop bone hehehehe

• Osa

June 8, 2017 at 4:03 pm

Not on issues that border on ur credibility. He was arrested for crying out loud. Im suspecting u as a stooge u this cheryl

4. vivian Emobena

June 8, 2017 at 3:06 pm

But I believe him . wait until you’ re being disgraced publicly when you know you are innocent . Have some sympathy here Nigerians!!!!

5. mp3 download

June 8, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Are you serious ?

6. Seriously

June 8, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Danny, Stop the bullsh*t. Your fans must be as dumb as you to think you can come up with a blatant lie like that and believe you. There should be no reason an agency should book your flight on stolen credit cards if you had provided proper, clean information to them. Most importantly, if you had given them the right bank account information to pay for your flight. What thing for sure is, the U.S police department investigate a crime, situation before charging and arresting you. It’s only RARE cases where one is arrested without any connection/association to the specific crime. When Michael Jackson got arrested, he knew the kid who accused him now where he proved his innocence was he didn’t sexually touch the kid. Only to be proved innocent later on after the father confessed to lying on MJ.
    My point is, there’s no way you are clueless about this, if you are not directly doing scams, you know the scammers.

Nigeria’s problem is not corruption, it’s failure to take responsibility for your wrong and change it. Just the same way Nigerian leaders lie they don’t embezzle money yet there are million of dollars/pounds in their possession, houses bought abroad, their children have full paid school tuition abroad and extravagant weddings. I guess, all the missing, stolen funds automatically entered their accounts and people used their information without their knowledge which is clearly not the case.

7. tola

June 8, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Am happy he is out, God got you. love you.

8. Sisi

June 8, 2017 at 4:39 pm

You people saying celebrities and fake life, ‘regular’ people often get caught up in similar lifestyles which makes it somewhat worse. At least with an ACTUAL celeb you expect them to be living a showy lifestyle. He might not have known known but he surely knows the people he was moving with and whether private jet is a normal way of life for them or not

9. Pita

June 8, 2017 at 4:56 pm

Chill bruv! U will have ur day in court!!

10. Jo!

June 8, 2017 at 5:17 pm

My nigga, you for keep quiet sha

• CovertNigerian

June 8, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Easy to say when it’s not your name that’s being dragged through the mud.

11. Williegh

June 8, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Of course he didn’t do fraud. Na fraud do am.

12. solz

June 8, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Thank God hes out though. ..with time d truth will come out. ..

13. Somto

June 8, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Dammy Kramer please stay off social media completely, you are known to the US authorities due yo your arrest and they and the prosecutors are monitoring you. All you say and do before your trial is being monitored. Everyone is on social media and that includes law enforcement,don’t give them more ammunition to nail you further. Be wise

14. Hmmm

June 9, 2017 at 8:51 am

Bottom line if he aint a fraudster, he is surrounded by fraudsters either way he is associated with fraud, not good.

15. Ray

June 9, 2017 at 11:42 am

I somewhat believe him, I once had a similar experience. I was travelling to the US in 2015, this was when an average ticket to the US cost about 280k, but didn’t have up to that, and my agent was telling me that she might see cheaper options at night, well she didn’t really see below 270k. So I was telling people I needed cheap ticket and they should let me know if they hear about any promo, hence a friend gave me a guys number, she had used him before to help book her ticket to Dubai, he is an agent but stays in the UK, a Nigerian guy. I got this guy’s number and he told me he would get one for like 180k, I was happy, gave him my date and waited for this man to send me my ticket. It was one story after the other, that he will send me, I should be calm down etc. My travel date was now getting close, I prayed about it, and told God to take control, so a week to my travel date, no ticket yet, called him, he sent me one ticket that I didn’t understand. I and someone I didn’t know were booked together, asked him who it was, he said, he’s an agent, and booked both of us together. I wanted to log unto the portal, to confirm my flight, but they were saying my flight was not yet paid for, it was just a reservation, I started becoming suspicious, first he was booking me with someone else, on a KLM flight. Everyone knows that KLM flight cost over 500k then. I also called and asked the agent how much that flight cost, and she told me the amount, can’t remember now, but it was over 530k. At this point I knew that he had either used someone’s card to try and book the ticket or he was trying to play me. About 4 days to my trip, United had a promo, so I bought it for 240k, as I paid, that same day, the guy sent me my real ticket, I confirmed from their booking office and all, but I had already paid for United ticket. The guy was pissed, that I must pay him, blah blah blah. Guess how much that ticket cost?, over 700k, and he was ready to collect 180k.
    So Dammy might not know, he must have seen a cheap jet and thought not bad, and most people would have taken pictures and display it on social network, and the sad thing is that Dammy might never have seen the agent, just like me. If I had not paid for the United, I would have gone with that guy…

People please be careful, ask and avoid almost free things…

16. Wise

June 10, 2017 at 8:22 pm

Dammy why don’t you think before you make such a big lie. na only babu that doesn’t no how ticket goes will believe this.and beside you knows about it due to cheap flight ebami ko Ile level

17. Lol

June 10, 2017 at 8:26 pm

Ebami ko ike level

18. tola

June 11, 2017 at 5:58 am

Dope, some people saying he has no hit songs, may be you don’t know any of his songs, Amin,Favor of God, Gbetiti, girlfriend,izzue,ladies are hit songs, and of course this song will be a hit.