News

“I don’t think I will have a career after this” – Kathy Griffin tears up during Press Conference over Controversial Trump Shoot

Kathy Griffin, Press Conference, President Donald Trump,

Kathy Griffin and her attorney Lisa Bloom speak during a press conference at The Bloom Firm on June 2, 2017 in Woodland Hills, California. Griffin is holding the press conference after a controversial photoshoot where she was holding a bloodied mask depicting President Donald Trump and to address alleged bullying by the Trump family.

Comedian Kathy Griffin held a press conference today, Friday June 2, at The Bloom Firm in Woodland Hills, California, after a controversial photo shoot where she was holding a bloodied mask depicting President Donald Trump. During the conference, she addressed the shoot and also addressed an alleged bullying by the Trump family.

The 56-year-old comedian’s lawyer Lisa Bloom opened the press conference by talking about the jobs that Kathy has lost since the photo was released and how the First Family has targeted her this week.

WOODLAND HILLS, CA – JUNE 02: Kathy Griffin (C) and her attorney Lisa Bloom speak during a press conference at The Bloom Firm on June 2, 2017 in Woodland Hills, California. Griffin is holding the press conference after a controversial photoshoot where she was holding a bloodied mask depicting President Donald Trump and to address alleged bullying by the Trump family. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

WOODLAND HILLS, CA – JUNE 02: Kathy Griffin speaks during a press conference at The Bloom Firm on June 2, 2017 in Woodland Hills, California. Griffin is holding the press conference after a controversial photoshoot where she was holding a bloodied mask depicting President Donald Trump and to address alleged bullying by the Trump family. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

Kathy Griffin teared up during the conference saying

“I don’t think I will have a career after this. I’m going to be honest. He broke me. He broke me. And then I was like, ‘No, this is not right.’ And I apologized because that was the right thing to do and I meant it. And then I saw the tide turning and I saw what they were doing. I would never want to hurt anyone, much less a child.”

Kathy also explained how the intent of the photo was to mock Trump‘s statement about Megyn Kelly, in which he said she had blood coming out of her eyes and “out of her wherever.”

Watch a clip from the conference below.

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Frederick Brown

1. madman

June 2, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Trump is a d**k but never forget that he’s president.

2. Chy

June 2, 2017 at 7:02 pm

You took pictures depicting the beheading of their dad and when they speak up, you call a press conference, cry and tell everyone how they are bullying you!
    Classic white women bullshit

• Seriously

June 2, 2017 at 7:21 pm

She’s full of BS. I don’t like Trump but that was a despicable crime. Beheading whether for real or as a joke is a NO NO. She should have thought of the consequences of her actions before she did it. Kathy, you dug your own grave. Crocodile tears as African parent love to say. #whitepriviligehaslimitstoo#

• Darius

June 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm

I feel so sorry for her. Nobody is infallible na! Since she has expressed remorse, she should be reinstated jor. Everybody deserves a second chance.

3. blackbeatle

June 2, 2017 at 7:10 pm

i must trend by force..you see yaself….

4. Chi

June 2, 2017 at 7:14 pm

White people problems!

5. lifeisbeautiful

June 2, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Yes, I do believe that gory picture of Kathy Griffin holding fake bloody head of Donald Trump went too far. But this is going too far. Americans seem to love violence-it’s practically everywhere, video games, sports, movies, tv shows and even cartoons. But even Americans cross the line when the violence is directed to someone in particular. Unfortunately for her she was directing this to a president ( quite dumb)and it cost her a lot aWHOLE LOT….a bit too much considering she is a comic.

6. June

June 2, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Can we all agree HOW STUPIDDDDDDD this lady is!!! Which right thinking adult would do what she did – all in the name of “I do not approve of Donald Trump” now you want to shed tears!!! She should be arrested !!! Damn right you will not work again! See where propaganda has landed you!!! See your life! This whole American Donald Trump thing makes me so mad !!! Every 5 seconds Trump this , Trump that! Americans should get over themselves ! Democrats especially! Four years will be over in flash and they let the rest of the world breathe ! I am sooooo over it! Celebrities and every tom dick and harry using their views on Trump to gain cheap popularity and try to sound intelligent like they have some cause. Talk about real issues and propose working solutions instead of the usual “Trump is a fool” , Trump is crazy” blah blah ! Bunch of hypocrites ! The lot of them! By their actions , we are seeing them! Rant over!

7. Fifi

June 2, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I never found her funny, her and those other white comedians amy,chelsea,melissa one less off the tv

• lifeisbeautiful

June 2, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Urgh especially Amy Schumer. Her humor is the most disgusting and vile.

8. June

June 2, 2017 at 8:12 pm

BellaNaija !!! There’s a difference between my comment and eba!!?

9. Olayemi

June 2, 2017 at 8:15 pm

This is the same thing we say about Nigerian comedians and rape. There are some things that are off limit and should never be joked about.

10. bruno

June 2, 2017 at 8:24 pm

now she’s playing the victim . typical woman behaviour. always blaming the man even tho they are the ones at fault.

dear kathy,nobody forced ur hand to upload the picture so pls stop playing the victim.

only a woman that can do something so foolish like what she did and think its funny.
    now I understand why some countries don’t allow women to vote or drive or speak in public without a man’s permission.

• Olayemi

June 2, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Bruno, this is not about playing the victim just because she is a woman. At least, she accepts responsibility for her actions. Unlike Nigerian “comedians” that are men who will keep claiming they are right.

• bruno

June 2, 2017 at 9:17 pm

He broke me. He broke me”

how is that accepting responsibility. she’s blaming trump. typical woman behaviour. when shit hits the fan they start playing the victim card.

just like that mercy case. she came out crying without makeup, I’m a victim, I’m a victim blah blah blah. and many of u just jumped to conclusion. if we investigate properly we would find out that she is also at fault. that’s why I love americans, they are not fooled by tears.

trump has a little son who is not up to 14 years. and according to rumours the boy is a special needs kid. just imagine him seeing an image like that, a woman holding the head of his father covered in blood.

trump tweeted that his little son was afraid when he saw the image on tv.i know thats a lie. trump is just milking it for all its worth but I don’t blame him.

democrats its like u people don’t still know why trump won the election. its stupid stuff like this that made him win. if u like continue in ur stupid ways, he will win a second term, watch and see.

assuming the picture was funny that would have been a different case but it wasn’t. the image looked exactly like the images terrorists take when they behead a prisoner.

June 2, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Bruno, How did gender get into this discussion.? You’re so obsessed with making everything about gender that you go completely off tangent from the valid issues…..and it makes you so predictable and boring.
      By the way, literally everyone agrees that she messed up so don’t waste space here.

• Tobe

June 3, 2017 at 1:33 am

I wouldn’t say typical woman behavior but please let’s be frank; she is totally playing the gender victim card here and it’s distasteful. Several other male and female prominent media people have lost their jobs and careers for slips that haven’t been as distasteful as this so she should chill. If she had just tendered her apology and waited for the episode to tide over, in a matter of years she would be doing ok. This move has discredited her apology and show of remorse and apology.

Just think about it. If someone slaps you and you punch them and they go and report to the vice principal that you bullied them. Meanwhile, you are the principal’s child.

Sigh. This whole thing is silly.

11. Bad gang

June 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm

Arrgh! Kathy you are such a suck…please you are not a victim…you look ridiculous already, just do humanity a favour and keep off from cameras

• Bad gang

June 2, 2017 at 10:51 pm

**by** keeping off

12. Lailatu

June 2, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Oh please … you brought this on your self so spare us the pity party. I never found her funny cos she always craved cheap publicity and her jokes were dry as hell, Talking about turning the tide,I remember how she turned her back on Guilliana Rancic. So what goes around comes around.

13. nene

June 2, 2017 at 9:20 pm

that was a very disgusting “joke”. she deserves whatever she gets.

14. 21savage

June 2, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Seriously! Claiming that it’s because she’s a woman! That degrades everything that women have fought for. Like it or not, Trump is the President of the United States. She posted a decapitated head of the President. She’s not threatening just “anybody” here. This is a crime and she needs to realize it. Talk trash about him all you want but there is a clear line that should NEVER be crossed. (Unless, of course, a person is clearly out of her mind).

15. Ladybird

June 2, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Kathy Griffin is beyond help. SMH … at what point did she think it’s ok to make comedic jokes about a severed head??nevermind Trump.. it could be your mum or dad, brother or sister..or even Obama… do you think it would be funny by then?? Oh btw I don’t buy into this “white guys trying to silence me ” nonsense.. YOU ARE WHITE TOO KATHY… #whitepriviledge.. so d***m annoying!

16. nwa nna

June 2, 2017 at 10:06 pm

While I agree that she went too far and joke was rather tasteless..
    I will be the first to say that Americans have selective morals, during the Obama 8 year tenure the right wingers made all kinds of jokes and depicted him in all sorts of manner.
    As the POTUS, Obama & his family were constantly ridiculed and nobody was made to resign or fired over them insulting the highest office of the land. So, I say, what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

17. Suga

June 2, 2017 at 11:27 pm

See her face,no be only “tear up” by the time hunger finishes with you eeh, you go tear down join.I expect ISIS to invite her soon to join them. ..when the table is turned down,just hope she won’t end up committing suicide out of misery.so deserving of what she got!!

18. Tunde

June 2, 2017 at 11:41 pm

This is the typical definition of white female feminism. Be the first to attacked and when it things didn’t go your way. act like the victim and cry like hopeless dog…

19. Californiabawlar

June 3, 2017 at 4:25 am

What type of white nonsense is this?????

20. Hmmm

June 3, 2017 at 4:55 am

So she no get liver last last? I am dissapointed

21. I Laff in Swahili

June 3, 2017 at 6:24 am

She deserves this and more!! What’s funny about a decapitated head? That’s not humour. That’s crass biko. Trump is president, deal with it! Very crass and tasteless of her.
    It’s that Nigerian plea for forgiveness and second chance that makes us lawless. When people start serving time for crimes committed, less and less people will commit crimes.

22. hatersgonhate

June 3, 2017 at 10:52 am

Typical Becky behaviour.
    Why be a sh*t stirrer if you can’t own your sh*t?

23. Anon

June 3, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Just to clarify we talking about this primate with 90% of his/ it’s DNA From the highest spectrum of Neandertal, who wants to grab women by the unmentionable, mocks disable people, pushing for policy to marginalise certain groups, has just ask the planet to drop dead!!!!! And people concerned bout a woman who had the nerve to speak / enact the mind of many. I’m just disappointed she got to go cry over it.

24. pp

June 4, 2017 at 7:00 am

Kwashun for the day- Why isit okay for Donald to ask people to commit acts of violence against certain people but its not okay for someone to aSk for his head? American hypocrisy, what’s my biz . .. .