She Leads Africa brings its SheHive professional bootcamp to DC & YOU could gain free entry courtesy of BellaNaija!
Date: Thursday, June 22nd – Sunday, June 25th, 2017.
Calling all young, smart ambitious women in the DMV! BellaNaija is offering 5 complimentary weekend passes to attend #SheHiveDC.
#SheHiveDC is a 4-day learning and networking event which brings together young female professionals and entrepreneurs to learn new business skills, network with their peers and connect directly with potential mentors and investors.
If you’re interested in entering this ticket raffle all you have to do is;
- Fill out this form and
- Comment on this post on why you want to attend SheHive DC.
#SheHiveDC is part of the SheHive Tour which will take the boot camp to various cities in 2017. Previous editions have been held in Lagos (September 2015 video here) and Accra (January 2016 – photos here), Abuja (May 2016 – photos here, New York (June 2016, photos here). Nairobi (July 2016, photos here ), London (August 2016 photos here), Lagos (October 2016 photos here) Joburg & Cape Town (February 2017 photos here). Former participants have described it as a life changing experience.
Check out some of the amazing speakers they have lined up:
- Disrupting the $121 Billion Skin Care Industry from My Kitchen with Funlayo Alabi (Founder, Shea Radiance)
- Building A Media Mogul Career with Denise Horn (Head of Corporate Communications, Turner Broadcasting)
- Negotiating For What You Want with Nicole Lamb-Hale (MD, Kroll & Former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Manufacturing and Services, U.S. Department of Commerce)
- Bringing African Concepts Into The US Market with Maame Boakye, Nana Ama Afari-Dwamena & Nina Oruro (Co-Founders, Dine Diaspora)
- Panel: Having An Impact with Rahama Wright (Founder, Shea Yeleen), Sheri Munis (Executive Director, NewWave Foundation) and Stephanie Kimou (Founder, Population Works Africa)
One participant described how implementing a marketing tactic she learnt at #SheHiveAccra helped her close a sales lead the very next day.
“This is not the standard overly stiff and formal conference and I love it!.” – SheHive NYC Speaker, Abby Omoruyi, founder of Catherine Marion.
Tickets for #SheHiveDC are quickly selling out and so interested participants are encouraged to secure their spots as soon as possible. Passes are still available here.
Up next on our SheHive tour is TORONTO. #SheHiveToronto kicks off July 13th – 16th, so if you’re in the area make sure you come through!
#SheHiveDC is supported by Westmont Hospitality Group, YAP-DC, and Dine Diaspora.
She Leads Africa is a digital media company that creates online content and offline programs to help millennial African women achieve their professional and entrepreneurial dreams. have an online community of 300,000 young women and the organization has been featured on several media outlets such as Financial Times, BBC, CNN , Forbes and CNBC Africa.
BellaNaija is a media partner for #SheHiveDC