Style

Bimmms 24, Mobalks & Ceomania Grace the cover of Vanguard Allure’s Wedding Issue

BellaNaija.com

The famous Yoruba traditional hand-woven cloth, Aso Oke is a toast of fabrics, having the yoruba land as its origin.

Aso Oke has become a material of choice for many traditional parties and weddings across different cultures in the country, this iconic material that speaks royalty has undergone a few changes and innovations to meet the demand of the end users.

Weavers of this iconic materials have risen to the challenges, bringing forth contemporary styles fused with modern embellishments and vibrant colours.

In this Vanguard Allure‘s Wedding Issue, 3 tops Aso Oke Weavers sat down with Allure’s Jemi Ekunkunbor to discuss the drama that goes on behind the scenes.

Their names are Abimbola Ipaye of Bimmms24, Omobola Sanda of Mobalks Alasooke and Oluwatobi Ogundele of Ceomania Alasooke.

Grab a copy of Vangurd allure this Sunday.

Credit
Creative Director: Nelly Mesik
Photography: Bamiyo Emina
Stylist: Rhoda Ebun
Hair: Tessy Hair
Makeup: For Mobalks: BM Pro Makeup
For Bimmm24: Esswat Makeovers
Beads for Ceomania: Rochem Iyaileke

1. Mrs chidukane

August 26, 2017 at 12:33 am

Bimms does good work. What is her price range?

2. Lolz

August 26, 2017 at 1:38 am

Repping Molbalks! Very affordable and a wonderful person, and gives gift spirit to her customers too

• Nael

August 30, 2017 at 9:12 am

the range of price please

3. NaijaPikin

August 26, 2017 at 2:00 am

Worked with Molbaks so many times but yet to me her in person. She is the sweetest, most helpful person ever. May God continue to bless their hustle.

4. Tae

August 26, 2017 at 5:21 am

Aunty Mobola of Molbaks Alasooke is the best, very affordable. When my daughter clocked one she made her ask oke free, its part of the deal as a bride. Everyone I have referred to her always give fantastic testimonials, she has something for everyone.

5. Mim

August 26, 2017 at 10:19 am

Bimms is the most expensive. I used her during my wedding and my sisters. She does not follow instructions given to her..assumes her creativity is better but sometimes the bride knows what she wants. She also has an attitude especially if you complain. Well, guess it pays off for her business…Also used Molbaks for the mothers attires…She was very calm, sweet anf affordable amd took her time to consult and understand what we wanted. I met Molbaks after Bimms..the price difference was significant…and Bimms still gave me one of her commin designs. Wished i used Molbaks all thru

6. Temitope

August 26, 2017 at 12:21 pm

A couple of friends have used Bimms the feedback has been negative. Poor customer service and overly pricey.

7. Gbogbo Bigz Girlz

August 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm

Bimms as the worst customer service, I guess she’s carried away by IG hype. Molbaks is such a sweet personality and her designs are higher quality, I recommend molbaks 10x over.

8. Karibim

August 26, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Plz what mobalks ig handle. Thanks

• Gbogbo Bigz Girlz

August 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm

@molbaks_alasooke

9. Just a customer

August 26, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I agree with the comments on Bimms, not a great personality or perhaps she’s about the celebrities and has multiple personalities. But you can’t take her creativity away from her…she’s indeed great at what she does, I’m guessing that’s why people still rush to her. However, as with any business, competition is jut waiting around the corner…you’ve got to sell beyond the product to remain connected in the long run. The Millenials care about how you treat them…and they’ll soon be the potential customers…I guess getting a professional to work with will make the difference for her. Our Nigerian businesses need to be longer term oriented….hope you read this Bimms, I wish your business long term success…be a mango tree that is deep rooted and can survive many seasons and years, don’t be a corn plant that is cleared out immediately after a rainy season…

10. Deedee

August 27, 2017 at 1:07 am

@molbaks_alasooke Molbaks for life!! she really is the real deal. I called on her for an emergency job for a wedding recently after being disappointed by another vendor. Despite never meeting her, she was so warm and agreed instanstly to make it happen. And she delivered!! Over delivered even. Her work is flawless. She made the full outfit for the bride and groom and was super affordable despite the short notice. All done in 2 weeks! i was so impressed. Her customer service is so on point. The way she kept sending samples and pictures all through to ensure i was happy, you would have thought she was making it for her family member. Thank you Mobola for being such a sweet person and always delivering. Sge wins my vote!

11. Gee

August 27, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Am glad bellanaija is posting all the constructive criticism and no one is calling another hater.

Am a new bride and I used bimms for my introduction cos of her IG likes. But her personality made me regret using her she’s what we Yorubas call “onikanra”.

Well I’d to use molbaks for the engagement and I enjoyed every time with her, shes “bibire ko se fowora”. I also recommend molbaks over bimmms.

I also noticed wedding vendors who are as rude and grumpy as bimmms. But I’ll wait till features on them.

12. Uberhaute looks

August 27, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Wow, Aunt Bimms, please take to corrections ooo. Customer care is of essence because of referrals…words of mouth carry weight no be small ooo

13. Amaka

August 28, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Hmm I used Bimms once and though she wasn’t rude I didn’t enjoy the experience at all and was glad it wasn’t a huge order. I was hoping to use molbaks and I’m glad at all te good feedback on her.

14. josephine

August 28, 2017 at 1:10 pm

everything they say about bimmms rudeness is true, I was her bride last year, she mixed up my orders , when I tried to complain, she became so rude.. I was shocked, I usually don’t like to talk down on people. but am glad bellanaija posted this, so she can call her sef to order. we love your work bimmms, but change your attitude .

• Amaka

August 28, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Wow she she did same to me! I ordered something but she mixed up the orders. Imagine my shock after waiting a while and getting the wrong Intel had to find how to send the other lady her Aso oke fan in PH while I waited for my Gele in Abuja. She apologised but it took a while before I got my order… She was just one kind .. After seeing how smiley and cherry she was on IG I expected a more cheery person but her sheer fullness didn’t go pass the smiles. The most courteous vendor I’ve encountered on IG is Geebalo.

15. OLA

August 28, 2017 at 1:34 pm

yea..molbalks..

16. Scarlet

August 28, 2017 at 3:53 pm

proudly a Molbaks Bride from last year, she is such a sweet soul! i wanted to use Bimms because of all the hype on IG of course, but i changed my mind sharply after first enquiry, her responses to my messages were so curt! i just knew it was a no no for me. I did not want any additional headache.
    A friend introduced me to Molbaks and i have no regret, even though she was going through a difficult time that period she made sure i was well sorted, my Asooke was on fleek. Kudos to you Aunty Mobola you have such a good heart.

17. Gbogbo Bigz Girlz

August 28, 2017 at 11:23 pm

I concur, geebalo is courteous

18. loolah

August 30, 2017 at 11:25 am

This is an eye opener for a bride to be like me who is almost getting carried away by IG hypes of wedding service providers. Anyone knows who’s more pleasant out of these sets?
    1. Bisolatrendybee or 2706 events?
    2. Bunniebees or kwamuhle or foradora or fabricroom or asoasiko?

• Gee

August 30, 2017 at 3:55 pm

For wedding planner, use Bisolatrendybee, got more manners.

For fabrics, I’ve experiences with all mentioned first for aso ebis and then while shopping for my own wedding​ fabrics. Here’s my sincere analysis.

Bunniebees is friendliest and not over priced, shocked how she’s close to Bimmms24. Best to go to her store, you’ll enjoy your experience.

Kwamuhle is all about celebs, if you’re not a celeb or have a big surname, she’ll be very cold to you. If you don’t reach a good price agreement with her, her attitude changes instantly. She’s also over priced. Absolutely overpriced.

Foradora isn’t overpriced, friendly but does more gossip talks.

Fabricroom is always willing to reach good price agreement with you. But tries too hard to be respectful, it actually shows. Lol.

Morayo aso asiko is same with kwamuhle in all, except that she’ll tolerate you if you’re not a celeb.

Let me give them positions
      1. Bunniebees
      2. Fabricroom
      3. Foradora
      4. Morayo
      5. Kwamuhle

19. Tee

October 3, 2017 at 1:56 pm

In addition to the aforementioned list, i highly recommend Royal Images for your photography services. He is very calm and tolerant.