News

I will fight corruption like never before – Atiku

BellaNaija.com

I will fight corruption like never before - Atiku - BellaNaijaThe former vice president Atiku Abubakar has said if given the opportunity to lead Nigeria, he will fight corruption like no one has.

Atiku said this in Abuja, during a tour of the new ultra-modern Yaliam Press Limited in Jabi area, Punch reports.

He criticized those who keep linking him with allegations of corruption, challenging them to come forward with evidence, if they have one. He said:

It is sickening to continue to regurgitate allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office.

If Atiku is a thief merely because of his resourcefulness and successful investments, my political enemies should tell Nigerians the sources of their own stupendous wealth.

He added that despite several attempts to charge him with corruption, he has never been found guilty. He said:

Despite previous desperate efforts to link me with corruption, the William Jefferson trial in the United States ended in 2009 without indicting me or linking me to corrupt activities.

He said people who lacked resourcefulness “always assume that a man cannot build himself without stealing.” He said:

People who are bereft of ideas about entrepreneurial spirit always think that everyone else is a thief just like them.

He charged the management and members of staff of the company to manifest the values of honesty, hard work and diligence, adding that these values are what brought him to the position he is today.

“I will shock everyone because I believe that I will fight corruption like never before,” he said.

1. Niola

September 12, 2017 at 10:07 am

EL O EL, its like cow dung saying I will change the meaning of stink……

• anonymous

September 12, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Wait oh! is it that people have finished in this country ayam not understanding again. Atiku as president because…..

2. Chic

September 12, 2017 at 10:10 am

HAHAHAHA…I laugh in Swahili… Lemme come & be going abeg.

3. keke driver

September 12, 2017 at 10:17 am

Dude STFU you are corruption it self…oniro oshi

4. kkay

September 12, 2017 at 10:27 am

Watchya sayyyyyy….What did you sayyyyy????
    (Singing in Jason Derulo’s falsetto and walking away). Lol

5. Ezinne

September 12, 2017 at 10:29 am

This sounds so familiar, I have heard it before, from a certain candidate who eventually won. I don’t think he’s even campaigning for SE and SW. He wants to tap into the millions of Northerners that voted for Bubu, surely he can’t think we are stupid enough to vote him in

6. Wunmi

September 12, 2017 at 10:38 am

Just shurrup there man.Seriously we don’t want you.Theres no amount of campaign you or ur aides can campaign that will make us vote for you.Is it not the same atiku or did something change?

7. Anon

September 12, 2017 at 10:42 am

Joker!

“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

8. The Real Oma

September 12, 2017 at 10:53 am

While I want to tell this man to eff off, and stop bugging us, that we don’t want him, I am actually a little afraid.
    I am afraid because his not winning will depend on whom the other party decides to field.
    The same unfortunate circumstances that saw Buhari become President of this country could see this one ascend the throne as well…

9. Las

September 12, 2017 at 10:54 am

Why don’t you shock yourself first by fighting the corruption within? Return what you ‘borrowed’ from Nigeria and then let’s talk.

10. Olori

September 12, 2017 at 11:16 am

Let’s leave the obvious irony/paradox in the entire story.Can someone come with an agenda asides fighting corruption? We need a better economy. We need healthcare for all. We need quality education, better market systems, better structure etc. Shut up you old men and leave us alone. Nigeria wants to move forward. Stop moving Nigeria backward FFS!!!!!! Can someone come and be our Mandela please! We need a saviour of some sorts. Is Nigeria cursed? I’m tired of the old people. We don’t want. We want visionaries that have never been president or vice president or senate president or governor or deputy governor WTF!!! You are all evil thieves. GTFO. No, this country is cursed. It’s not even a question anymore.

11. Mahka

September 12, 2017 at 11:20 am

This is spit to our faces; what a joke.
    Lord, 2019, is not for this same old circle of dullards, pls Lord may their dream never come true; we don’t want.

12. Cocolette

September 12, 2017 at 11:41 am

May God not allow something as terrible as you befall Nigeria in 2019!!! I rebuke you Atiku! Affliction shall not arise a second time.

13. LemmeRant

September 12, 2017 at 12:04 pm

When corruption is proclaiming to fight corruption. How does one fight itself?

Meanwhile China is placing a ban on fossil fuel powered cars and switching to electric. We still dey here, stuck with the same old people with the same stories, with the same old rhetoric, with the same old problems.

14. Pat

September 12, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Awww… Poor thing never loved or nurtured growing up. Have some hugs???

15. kkay

September 12, 2017 at 1:18 pm

@ The Real Oma please, don’t be afraid. If you are a registered voter and resides or would be in Nigeria during 2019 Elections, DO NOT vote anyone based on Political Party.

VOTE for a Candidate that has a track record of integrity with concise realistic plans to solve festering developmental challenges. What and how is he/she going to advance stable power supply, heathcare, education, transportation and much more.

I’ve always believed that communities can be positively impacted from location to location BY getting each community to *CHOOSE the developmental project they NEED.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I learnt Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano adopted the *CHOOSE YOUR PROJECT method for 260 Communities in his State.

The next step is to ensure maintenance by committing it to the hands of their own local leaders instead of ‘Abuja Contractors’ who are not indigenes and have nothing to loose.

That way small communities know who to hold accountable in case of failure or embezzlement.

Back in my grandfather’s and father’s day, they dealt decisively with erring and corrupt leaders or indigenes to the point of excommunication and burning up their homesteads/ill-gotten property. Some are turned over for community’s use.

Governance is simple. It’s man’s greed and corruption that complicates it.

16. Rita

September 12, 2017 at 1:40 pm

How can these same politicians still be scrambling for power? Nigeria haven’t we had enough? I made the mistake of not voting during the last elections. That is the problem many of us have. We sit on our arse complaining about how bad things are. But we haven’t done anything to help. I’m going to make a difference in 2019

17. Maymay

September 12, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Ghana has just implemented the Free senior high school policy, been in Accra 3months + and they have only taken light about 3times. Our own politicians are busy lying and looting anyhow. Chai my dear country! May God have mercy

18. Need Reply

September 12, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Hi steve, Interested in your services. what of brand of drug resistant STD are you selling? Do you have herpes and Hiv available on one click order?