Events

#BAAD2017: TwitterNG can’t seem to get enough of Ebuka

BellaNaija.com

#BAAD2017: TwitterNG can't seem to get enough of Ebuka - BellaNaija

Stupid question, but did you see Ebuka Obi-Uchendu‘s Agbada yesterday at Banky W and Adesua Etomi‘s traditional wedding?

He was everywhere on social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, everywhere!

Off Ugo Monye‘s collection debuted at the Heineken Lagos Fashion Week 2017, the agbada was, well, unconventional, but at the same time so damn fine.

And, of course, being who he is, he made the agbada seem like he came out the womb wearing it.

And everyone seems to agree, which is rare, very rare, very very rare, very very very rare on TwitterNG streets. See the reactions Ebuka and his agbada got on Twitter:

1. Bennie

November 20, 2017 at 11:51 am

I loooooove it, am so cpying for my boys!!!

2. Bennie

November 20, 2017 at 11:52 am

*copying*

3. DatEnuguChic

November 20, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Lol… that was the exact reaction i felt when i saw it on instagram. I just said this should be Banky wearing this not Ebuka. He is a very stylish Man, no doubt1 When God wants to prosper a Man he puts him on a pedestal for everyone to see. The designer just got a CV boost. Just like Tara said, that it was RMD’s wedding that put her on a world stage when it was covered by Ovation Magazine; everyone kept asking who the makeup lady was and from that moment her business blossomed and still is blossoming. May God send us helpers that will catapult us to places we never dreamt of going to.

4. Emy

November 20, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Agbada from Okija!

5. babym

November 20, 2017 at 12:09 pm

buahahahahahahaha, Nigerians will not kill me oooo lmao!!!!

6. Derin87

November 20, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Forget best dressed male or female. Ebuka killed it! The best dressed full stop.

7. Kay

November 20, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Fantastic outfit but in such poor, poor taste to wear this to a close friend’s (heck, ANYONE’S!) wedding. Could’ve worn it anywhere else (my guy has a social calendar to rival all social calendars — an award/generic high profile event, maybe?) but chose instead to leverage on his friend’s event/hashtag to help it gain even more traction. While he already shut down the Internet with pictures of the front, my guy decided to show us the back as well! LOL. Bruh…ISSUES. There are ways to look good without taking the shine off the celebrant. This is the kind of friend that makes some folks pick styles for their aso-ebi crew, LOL. And it was embellished with stones on top! Nonsense. Again, FANTASTIC outfit but completely inappropriate.

• XO

November 20, 2017 at 1:06 pm

What if his intention was to look just his best out of real joy that one of his best is getting married?
      everything is not too serious pls. everything is not a competition. This look did best for Ugo Monye. Ebuka didn’t ask Banks not to use Ugo Monye.

Everyone knows Ebuka is one stylish man, from his suits to his casuals. Somone else can wear that agbada and wont shine still

he didn’t steal anyone’s shine. let every other agbada bown down!

• me again

November 20, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Na wao. You sound so bitter! why naaaa. Who betrayed you recently. Do not allow them destroy your spirit o. This your feedback is too bitter please.

How could he have even known he was going to shine so much. he probalby saw the photo somewhere and decided to sew the style because he like it and believed it will look very good on him even if it means he will shine (just like we all do).

He jejely walked into the event and every where went agog for him. Should he have rushed home to change? should he have refused to smile for the pictures? should he have said no stop it, Banky is in the hall and he is not wearing my type of agbada so I dont want to take his shine? what exactly would you have wanted him to do if you were his friend or the groom.

My friend no nobody took Banky’s shine by the way. We are all still drolling over banky regardless of ebuka’s outfit but truth be told ebuka killed it and its ok.
      there enough space for all birds to fly in the sky.

• californiabawlar

November 20, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Ahn ahn… I’m not sure he thought it was THAT nice now!! haba! It’s not like he went and made a huge GROOM-STYLE agbada! It’s just something from a designer that is very stylish.

p.s. I love all the jokes and banter! Nigerians can go in on somebody. What I strongly join in warning people against is trying to prematurely copy this style with their Christmas clothe… hmm! it will be bloodbathe on many a tailors’ Lobster Close.

• Honestina

November 20, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Bla bla bla bla, say all you want.
      If my friends come to my wedding dressed to kill and one up me, it only means they considered it special and worthy of been slayed at.
      Anyone coming to my wedding should slay however with whatever they want, fine by me.
      Now that Ebuka has raised his own pedestal to the heavens, he better not disappoint cos the internet won’t forgive him.
      In my head, Ebuka =slayatude
      Eg: Rita Dominic ebukaised that dress

• olanna+odenigbo

November 20, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Kay, your IQ (Insecurity Quotient) is through the roof! Brah…..pls stop it…it aint cute.

My Fave tweet was the one bout Ebuka and Beyoncé!!! hahahahahahahahaaaaaa…He’s always a risk taker with menswear….and this one clearly paid of whatever he spent on it….he should go and pay Ugo some extra!

• Lilo

November 20, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Nah. I want to bet you that he didn’t think it was that much of a slay until twitter went nuts. People who are used to looking good and putting extra thoughts into their appearances tend to overslay without even trying. Ever seen someone hay was silk pajamas to a party and still slayed to the gods? My aunt was like that back in the 80s. She always appears overdressed even in her white tee, Levi’s jeans and killer stilletos

• Cocolette

November 20, 2017 at 11:56 pm

Abeg abeg abeg…. It is not just the Agbada oh… It is Ebuka’s body in the Agbada… It looks like he was wearing it when he came out of his mother’s womb. After all @karowenu wore that same Agbada weeks ago and not one soul batted an eyelid, you can go to his IG page and then tell me if it looks half as good on him, it looked like any other Agbada. BN showcased the collection that this Agbada came from in an article some weeks ago and people did not drool like this. Ebuka most probably wore it as every other person wore theirs but his Chi refused to be like any other person’s
      No vex for Ebuka abeg… Obu chi ya nyere ya, It is his God that gave him.
      By the way Cynthia, is this the kind of soup you’re enjoying at home? Na wa o ? *fans self*

8. Prince

November 20, 2017 at 12:52 pm

The last tweet got me rolling and crying. “”DID THEY TELL HIM HE HAS CARRY OVER FROM HIS WEDDING””.
    Naija can write shaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    Ebuka, you see wetin you cause abi. BANKY & ADESUWA no be the mata, na you. WINCH

9. northern lights

November 20, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Ebuka ’bout to be the BIGGEST trend-setter of 2017/2018. (and probably beyond) for d dudes…that tailor ’bout to be a billionaire…go-to tailor to the stars…

10. Lilo

November 20, 2017 at 3:00 pm

That agbada is mouthed like awon Russians sha. Kilode? #awonEyanPutin ?Nigerians be outdoing the host/hostess since 1820. Shoutout to Cynthia cos me I can’t be marrying a guy like this. I, shall be the cynosure not you homie ?

• shabba

November 20, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Be very scared o Eyin politicians. This agbada here about to get you impeached

11. Felinda

November 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm

He needs to tone it down when they attend the wedding in Capetown this December

12. LOVE

November 20, 2017 at 3:31 pm

MHH People na waooo. on my wedding day dress gorgeous and come any how u want to gorgeously slay. i would rather love a cute picture when my album is out than a Razz one. EBUKA KEEP SLAYING U VE THE BODY. even if u wore a simple agbada the body will do justice to it. afterall he slayed more than the model.

13. Folu

November 20, 2017 at 4:23 pm

From the moment i set my eyes on Ebukas picture yesterday.. I wondered how a tailor could be so creative. God has really blessed man with so much intelligence! The guy must have a PhD in Agbadology. Superb!!!!!

14. Tessa Doghor

November 20, 2017 at 6:00 pm

I vexed that he came and stole the shine from handsome banky’s day…
    My colleague says I should let him be great. Me I am still beefing. If Ebuka was my friend, I would pick out what he should wear or tell him to send the love and come and visit us a month after…
    Don’t mind him missing the wedding.

• Pelumi

November 20, 2017 at 9:17 pm

It’s not that serious. Even today BankyW joked bout It. It’s not serious at all. Calm. The fk down

• john

November 20, 2017 at 9:41 pm

? brain…na dem ..u go fear reasoning and vexing..kai!!

• Abi

November 21, 2017 at 1:38 am

Na wa…and your picture is showing.

15. Cindyty

November 21, 2017 at 5:38 am

OK ooooooooo…….. Alagbadaina……
    Bully u kill it jooorrrr
    n all d agbadas re fine oooo

16. Damie

November 21, 2017 at 1:57 pm

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD PLEASE GIVE US A BREAK. THIS IS NOT AGBADA IT IS A CAPE. THIS IS NOT A YORUBA OUTFIT. THIS IS NOT YORUBA CULTURE OR TRADITION. DONT GET ME WRONG IT IS A NICE OUTFIT BUT IT SHOULD NOT BE CALLED AGBADA. IT IS A FASHION STATEMENT NOT A “TRADITIONAL” ATTIRE. AINT NO TRADITION HERE.

• tee

November 22, 2017 at 12:19 pm

Stupid comment

17. Ekoatheist

November 21, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Its bleh…

18. Anthonia Oguah

November 21, 2017 at 2:40 pm

Fine boy
    Ebukaoooooooooooo wetin person do u nah shooo, you nor dey old… over fine wan kill dis boy sha. Coping this AGBADA for my Oga on Top for Christmas . Bella naija thank you for posting

19. AfricanGirl

November 28, 2017 at 9:05 am

”That Ebuka’s agbada uses fenty beauty.. agbada that doesn’t reply dms,agbada that uses iPhone x. Agbada with clear skin..”

Hahahahaha