Weddings

Music Star Oritsefemi & his love Nabila’s Story + Pre-Wedding Shoot #ON2017

BellaNaija Weddings

When Nabila met music star Oritsefemi, she had no idea she just met her forever partner… but he did.

From meeting him while working to falling in love with his real personality, Nabila found a gem in Femi.

Their pre-wedding photos were captured by Peculiar Haston.

Here’s the story of how they met.

BellaNaija Weddings is counting down to #ON2017 where the couple have bucked the celebrity secretive wedding trend by hosting a wedding of the people as all fans and wellwishers are invited. So awesome!

How We Met
By the Bride, Nabila

Femi and I met at work. My company hired him to headline our event. It was a tour to be held in five cities. After the second event in Enugu, I went backstage and we introduced ourselves to each other. I noticed he will always smile at me while performing or come close to say hi. After the fourth show in Abuja, he wanted us to hang out. My colleagues were against it. The next day I got a message and later a call from him saying he wanted to see me.  I was on my way to Lagos, so he asked if he can see me in Lagos, and I said yes.

We later saw that night, he was very quiet. That shocked me.  I thought he will be so loud. When he asked me out, I said NO. I told him I cannot date an artiste and that I loved my quiet life.
That did not stop him. He would always call, visit me after work and sometimes, we would hang out together. I started seeing the other side of him. He is so caring, very intelligent, shy and so lovable.

I still had my reservations. So I started doing my underground background check on him, and he passed. 😉

The Proposal
No, he did not get on his knees to ask me to marry him. There wasn’t a wow proposal. Before we started dating, Femi would always tell me, ‘I will marry you‘. I always thought that was a way to get what he was looking for. I was wrong.

One evening, he said, “babe, let’s get married”.  I just laughed and said, where is the ring. He told me, “I am not giving you any ring. I want to do the real thing this time”. I saw how serious he was, and from that moment we started planning our civil wedding. We had our court wedding 20 April 2017.

Credits
Photographer: @Peculiarhaston
Makeup: @Eliorasignature
Hair: Bright Signature, Lekki
Location
: Lilly Gate Hotel Lekki and Hard Rock Cafe beachside

1. BijouxthisBijouxthat

November 17, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm
    Love is an interesting distin

• californiabawlar

November 17, 2017 at 11:00 pm

Lmao o! Adding random “distins” to my vocab ASAP!

Obligatory congrats to the couple! May your union last foreeeeeeeva!

2. Olori

November 17, 2017 at 9:56 pm

This is really cute. They may look totally different and worlds apart to the avg onlooker but what unites them and whatever they have in common is stronger. I’m sure that jam Igbeyawo by Oritsefemi is the theme song of their wedding, it just has to be. That song is a jam. Eleyi na se gudu gudu meje abi? O da be! God bless your union with unending joy, peace and beauty! HML.

• Mamamia

November 17, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Love that song and I ain’t even Yoruba and the gomina track. Best of luck guys.

3. Indigo

November 18, 2017 at 12:34 am

Lol.. Obviously

4. anono

November 18, 2017 at 4:15 am

Yes oh thats wat they have in common.

5. ranimar007

November 18, 2017 at 9:38 am

cool. but just wondering…had a civil wedding(legal) in april. ….so which one is pre-wedding photos again when u are already married? my naija people!

6. Alterego

November 18, 2017 at 9:49 am

I agree with Olori.
    Every mad person has who he/she is humble for. Trust me, I know. Love finds us in strange places. And in people we might otherwise close our hearts and eyes to. And when you are loved right, it rearranges your psyche. I’ve been there, I know.
    I like Femi. And if he has found the woman he loves, by all means, congrats are in order. If he wants to shout it from the rooftops, let him. Maybe he didn’t know he would find her, now he has. Love makes us do stuff. Instead of dwelling on breakups and beef, lets celebrate love. Congrats to Femi and Nabila.

7. Rossy petite

November 18, 2017 at 11:10 am

Femi I like your perseverance.. and I like your songs too.. Now that you’ve found love I pray that will bless your union and sustain you always. I just wish you could take off this hair and look different for your wedding but if wify like it so its OK I guess.

8. Ronald

November 19, 2017 at 8:43 am

Congratulations Femi. He is a matured and hard-working man. Congratulations to your beautiful wife as well. Please build your marriage on God and make it an exceptional one amongst others.
    I also want to importantly give kudos to my brother, Peculiarhaston for his beautiful works. I have watched you grow from an amateur to a world class photographer. I am proud of your combined and multiple skills.

9. Maryanndadiva

November 22, 2017 at 10:40 am

I can”t help but express my intense joy for Femi and his love, i have always been a huge fan right from the first song he sang, ‘igbeiyawo’ and ‘Baba God blessing no go pass you by’ has got me grooving till date. I am amazed by their love story and wish them unending blissful love and blessings!