News

Portia de Rossi accuses Steven Seagal of Sexual Harassment

BellaNaija.com

Steven Seagal (Photo by Kristina Nikishina/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia)

Portia de Rossi, actress and wife of tv host Elle DeGeneres, has claimed Steven Seagal sexually harassed her during an audition.

She was in his office for a final audition, she said, when he zipped down his pants and said it was important they have off-screen chemistry.

She wrote:

My final audition for a Steven Segal movie took place in his office. He told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his leather pants. I ran out and called my agent. Unfazed, she replied, “well, I didn’t know if he was your type.”

Photo Credit: Kristina Nikishina/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia

1. Trigger

November 9, 2017 at 3:54 pm

…….smdh…its open season y’all

2. Wendy

November 9, 2017 at 4:32 pm

How awkward will the Oscars be next year?

Before the idiotic trolls roll in defending this creepy McCreeperson, just think about the last time a sexual harassment allegation actually ruined anyone. Y’alls usual trope is that “it’s just allegations”. “People don’t wait for a conviction when it comes to rape”. “Most rape allegations are false but the people’s careers are usually ruined”.

Let’s see…

Bill Cosby is back touring. R Kelly is still selling out shows. Woody Allen married his own daughter and is still top director. Top actors are still falling over themselves to work with Polanski – a convicted child rapist. All of these people have admitted to sexual misconduct to some level, but they are still alive and kicking. No one ever gets cancelled. NO ONE! Even Weinstein and the house of cards guy will be back. Just give it a few years and the steam will blow over.

Most people are not even pressing charges… just shame these ninjas so they can STOP. That’s all they want… just STOP. All people are asking for is to live and let live! Don’t be a rapist. Don’t be a creep.
    It’s really not hard to be professional folks.

If as a man you have trouble empathizing because your gender has predisposed you to emotional retardation, or as a woman you’ve been unredeemably brainwashed to by into misogyny or are just plain stupid… go back and read Terry Crews statement… a man built like steel couldn’t say or do anything! Now put a lot of these young boys and women into the same situation….

• Neil

November 9, 2017 at 6:22 pm

You are right but who is calling out all the ladies going into a director’s office, removing their tops and suggesting things so they can be casted. Who is reporting them? If this same ladies come tomorrow and say I was assaulted, wouldn’t we all jump onto the train and support them? Considering they started it and got rejected perhaps and got angry (like 90% women get when rejected).

I won’t support any of this women till the court of law have been involved fully to back it up because if it happens that they lied, lives have been ruined already and all the R.Kelly and Cosby things you said aren’t true. Google and see. Type in Izien Aigbodion in google now, that boy doesn’t know what’s waiting for him in future but the girl who accused him never came out even though she claimed she had 20 other accusers and some law firms offered their service to her for free if she could just come out. The boy’s name is ruined on the internet but the girl? If she lied, she ruined him already.

• LemmeRant

November 9, 2017 at 6:36 pm

Wow! Do you hear yourself?
      Rape allegations never ruin anyone. Waow! The fact that you’re are even saying this means you’re suspecting something fishy. But lest I digress.

“Bill Cosby is back touring”
      Wow (I know I’ve said this twice already, but still wow) really? Do you live with bill Cosby? Do you know what he goes through on a daily basis? Do you know how family, friends, pupils look at him. People freaking commit suicide for this sh*t and you just want to trivialize the whole issue.

Do you think only celebs get accused? Do you think every accused person is as powerful or as rich as harvey, bill or R Kelly?

Why is it so difficult to separate your hatred for men and reason sensibly.

This is the same half assed argument you lot made when the issue of verbal abuse/ physical abuse was brought up. Essentially what you’re saying is that it is okay to falsely accuse someone that he will get over it.

Nawa o.

• Wendy

November 9, 2017 at 7:18 pm

Lol… I know the clown parsy would be out clowning as usual.
      I have no words right now as I have to get to work. Such a shame my schedule prevents me from regular detailed commentary on such discussions, else I’ll drag you all for the filth that your brains are obviously made of.
      If a woman harasses a man sexually he too can speak up! Has anyone come forward and not gotten sympathy? Continue defending REAL situations with hypothetical scenarios… if you don’t stfu already! Dumb dumb!
      @lemmerant the idiot… my moment to engage you and your ilk (chief & john) is still in the works… it’s not today. Not yet.

3. Bodunade

November 9, 2017 at 5:00 pm

@Wendy , my deepest apologies, Bn did not let me like your comment a million times.

I’m printing and framing that sh*t!

• Yo Momma

November 9, 2017 at 11:02 pm

I used to think this Bodunade have sense before ni sha.

4. Gboromiro

November 9, 2017 at 8:24 pm

The rate at which women claiming abuse these days, it will be hard to say hello to them…

• Wendy

November 10, 2017 at 11:04 am

Yeah, if pulling out your shrimp dck is somehow equivalent to hello in your twisted mind… then by all means nicely keep your nasty skank hello to yourself. Silly rabbit.

5. Belinda

November 10, 2017 at 9:59 am

@Neil, I think that ladies pulling their tops to get roles is the kind of ‘unredeemably brainwashing’ that @Wendy is talking about. Some women believe that to get anywhere in life you have to use your body. Let’s start from the home where most mothers drum it into their daughters’ ears that a way to a man’s heart is through food and sex, and how some men will say unapologetically that sex is the all all and that they are created to want sex more than food, so if a woman is not ready to tumble she should leave. With the perceived attitude towards men and sex, little wonder that we have women who would say or think ‘why work hard when my breast and vagina will do the trick’ and so they go ahead and do it because ‘everyone’ got to the top through that means and the percentage of men who will say no to that are honestly not much. No matter how much or how far we think we have gone in empowering women, I sadly think we have not done much. Women are even more sexualized and marginalized than before, and what is worse is the fact that we the women have not created the environment to make it work.
    It is a good thing that all these stories are coming to light, the underlying issue in each case is how most of the victims were repressed from speaking out for fear of rebuttal and what is honestly the attitude of society towards such issue, ‘you wanted it, what were you doing in a man’s house alone, why did you wear skimpy, abi we asked you to be doctor and you chose actress, you wanted it’. There’s also not denying the fact that some of these stories are false, but there’s a percentage of truth in it, because we have a culture of men not saying no and meaning it, women not saying no and meaning it, reported cases with no headway to bring correction and stop it totally, and acceptance of incidents like this. It’s a man’s world anyway.