Scoop

“They say the pain never ends” – Read Late Eric Arubayi’s Wife Chinonso’s note to him on the Anniversary of their Traditional Wedding

BellaNaija.com

Gone but never forgotten.

Today marks the anniversary of the traditional wedding of late gospel singer Eric Arubayi and his wife, Chinonso. Using the opportunity to remember him fondly, his wife penned a short note on her social media page in the early hours of this morning.

She wrote:

You knew how I couldn’t wait to take that gele off, and you laughed as soon as I did. But this discomfort is different, you can’t shake it off, and when your done counting sheep you still cant sleep. They say the pain never ends, that knot in the place where your hearts meant to be, that empty feeling, the helplessness and strange loneliness where happiness used to live… We just learn to live with the separation. #Godswives
????? ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ #foreverapartofme

Eric Arubayi passed on earlier this year after a brief illness in February.

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/chinonsoarubayi

1. largerthanlifealice.com

November 23, 2017 at 11:01 am

me i never know how people who lost a spouse feel or live….
    be strong God’s got u .

2. Naina

November 23, 2017 at 11:40 am

All my love darling. God’s Wife.

3. Wumi

November 23, 2017 at 12:54 pm

Hmmm…… Only who is in this can understand how it pains, on the 27th of this month will make it a month I lost my hubby to death through the happy triggered assailants, its full of mental tortures, especially when my first daughter of 5 yrs would asked about her dad not calling or coming home. It is well with us #God’swives

• simsi

November 23, 2017 at 4:00 pm

So sorry about your loss. God will comfort you and bring you peace

• DatEnuguChic

November 23, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Stay strong sis. Stay strong. No wickedness will go unpunished. Its well

• olly

November 23, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Omg. I am actually in tears. I have no words. I am not married but praying to be soon. The thought of losing ones husband???. Please take heart. I will actually pray for you and others.

• abby

November 23, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Hmmn Dear Wumi…May God almighty comfort you on every side..and heal every pain you feel, may he come thru for you everytime you need him.

• Judgejudyjudy

November 23, 2017 at 8:18 pm

May God give you and On some and all other widows the fortitude to bear this loss.
      This post has me in tears.
      It is well.

• Ovine

November 24, 2017 at 2:47 pm

The Lord will comfort, take care of you and give you wisdom to nurture your precious daughter.

4. Mimimay

November 23, 2017 at 3:22 pm

I don’t wish my enemy to experience this. God’s consolation to you dear. Continue to RIP Eric and Wumi’s hubby #God’swives

5. Maxie

November 23, 2017 at 4:24 pm

The husband of one with no husband will see you all through. Amen Stay strong sisters.

6. Missappleberry

November 23, 2017 at 4:37 pm

God Comfort this woman ?

7. Sakura

November 23, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Ewo Wumi, my heart is broken for you ????
    May the God of all comfort, comfort you on every side, may He provide your every need, may He hold you in His bosom like a mother and champion everything that concerns you. Take heart dear. #Godswife

8. Sakura

November 23, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Dear Chinonso, I’m so sorry for your loss. May the One who holds the future uphold and sustain you, give you peace and rest. May He make you beautiful and blossom like the palm trees in the east. You will not be forgotten, even before you desire a thing He will provide. Take heart dear. #Godswife.

9. Jenny

June 15, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Chineke, I never knew he died.
    Take heart dear. The Good Lord will surely see u through. It’s well.
    Keep on resting in peace, Eric.
    Accept my deepest condolences, dear