News

Sepp Blatter accused of Sexual Assault

BellaNaija.com

ZURICH, SWITZERLAND – JANUARY 07: (L-R) Hope Solo and Sepp Blatter, FIFA president announce Abby Wambach of United States as the winner of the FIFA womens player of the year trophy during the FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala 2013 at Congress House on January 07, 2013 in Zurich, Switzerland. (Photo by Christof Koepsel/Getty Images)

Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter has been accused of sexual assault by the USA Women’s football team goalkeeper Hope Solo.

Blatter assaulted her at the 2013 Ballon d’Or awards ceremony, Solo said.

“I had Sepp Blatter grab my ass,” she told Portuguese newspaper Expressor.

The assault happened just seconds before she 2 went on stage to present the FIFA women’s world player of the year award which her teammate Abby Wambach won.

“This allegation is ridiculous,” Blatter’s spokesperson said in response.

Speaking to Guardian, Solo said:

I was in shock and completely thrown off. I had to quickly pull myself together to present my team-mate with the biggest award of her career and celebrate with her in that moment, so I completely shifted my focus to Abby.

Photo Credit: Christof Koepsel/Getty Images

1. Vicky

November 11, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Raining assaults

2. Patty boo

November 11, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Its like its sexual assault season.

3. Lilo

November 11, 2017 at 9:05 pm

Can they have a website for this so we can track everyone. I’m just dizzy trying to figure out who hasn’t been harassed or accused of harassment in this mug

4. OJ

November 12, 2017 at 12:12 am

“”I lost my endorsements and am forever known for domestic violence’: Hope Solo on her rocky marriage, jail time, cutting off family members”…Hope Solo

I would have thought it would be the other way round judging from the kind of person she is in the first place…Abeg go and ask Kelly brooks how she used assault his ex Jason Stratham, you can a learn a thing or two

5. Tony

November 12, 2017 at 5:27 am

Unborn babies have also been assaulted. The world has become sheeply. People just wake up and type to witch hunt.

6. Ruth

November 13, 2017 at 4:41 am

Not trying to make a mockery of sexual assault allegations but at this rate it’s becoming ridiculous. Is there anyone left in Hollywood that hasn’t been sexually assaulted or accused of sexually assaulting someone. Merde!