News

“They are so prominent, strong and vital to my life” – Serena Williams celebrates her Mother & Sisters

Tennis champion, Serena Williams is all about her mum and sisters and she won’t stop gushing about them.

The Vogue Cover girl took to her Instagram to appreciate the women in her life, posting a photo of herself, her daughter Olympia OhanianVenus Williams, Isha Price, Lyndrea Price, and their mum Oracene Price all clad in a blue pyjamas and relaxed on a mattress.

She captioned the photo;

Women. They are so prominent strong and vital to my life. My mom raised 5 women (one passed) and 3 grandchildren. I love this photo because we have a close bond. This is what keeps me humble. They are not afraid to tell me anything after all I am the youngest of 5. I’m so happy Olympia has my mom as her grandma (of course she has Alexis Stepmom as well) and I’m happy she has aunts like my sisters Venus , Isha , Lyn and Alexis’ sisters Amy and Hayley. Alll women! Coincidence? I think it not. She will fit right in.

They all look so gorgeous!

1. Akpeno

January 12, 2018 at 5:51 pm

And what about her Dad?

He is the one who coached her tirelessly to become to master she is today… I hope she had a photo shoot with him.

• DayoI

January 12, 2018 at 7:37 pm

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with celebrating one parent at a time.
      This feature was about her mother and her sisters – It doesn’t mean she MUST do a shoot with her father too at the same time (or even another time)

PS: no one has any idea about their family dynamics now regardless of what happened in the past.

• boluji

January 13, 2018 at 4:52 am

uncle all lives matter

• Akpeno

January 14, 2018 at 7:12 pm

After dem go say men are not being attacked…

Her father is very significant and whatever he’s done recently does not negate the foundation he built for her. He should be honoured just as she is honoring her female relatives ….

2. Marlee

January 12, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Daddy decide to f— up his family. To me he isn’t worth wasting time on. Just my opinion.

3. o

January 13, 2018 at 1:02 am

She looks exactly like her mum

4. Akpeno

January 14, 2018 at 7:15 pm

…..and I did not write there was anything wrong with the all female photo shoot… I am saying the man who is a VERY SIGNIFICANT part of her career as a tennis player should have also had an opportunity to be photographed as well….. unless of course he refused. Let’s not erase men’s efforts….