Events

Temi Otedola & Ade Samuel talked about the Power of Social Media Influence & Entrepreneurship at New Nigeria

BellaNaija.com

On Thursday, December 28th, 2017, the first phase of New Nigeria, commenced with an intimate conversation with Celebrity Fashion Stylist and Designer Ade Samuel, hosted by Fashion Blogger Temi Otedola, also known as JTO Fashion. The event took place at Miliki, an exclusive ‘members only’ club on Victoria Island, that supports contemporary creativity and culture in Lagos, Nigeria. Ade Samuel coined the term “New Nigeria” in efforts of bringing awareness to a subculture of influential creatives and entrepreneurs that are Nigerians. The structure of New Nigeria is to highlight the new age of designers, stylists, entertainers and artists that are helping to globalize Nigeria, overseas. The event was curated by A Day Living, a creative collective (that focuses on producing culturally relevant content with a high level of depth and value) and fashion brand, Vivendii.

During the event, Temi Otedola (JTO Fashion) interviewed Ade Samuel, touching on the power of Social Media Influence and Entrepreneurship across the board in the Business of Fashion as well the assets needed in order to successfully run a business as a women in today’s society.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Sponsored Content

1. Aarefarmland

January 4, 2018 at 9:54 pm

Nice people but the concept of ‘new nigeria’ is confusing. Either they remove the concept from their promo or give a better explanation is it elitist or snobbish. Feigned to match europeaness or authentically African.

2. bush man

January 5, 2018 at 12:54 am

Otedola girls taking over!!!!

• Nedu

January 5, 2018 at 1:13 am

Loooll! Ok Temi!

3. Loki

January 5, 2018 at 7:02 am

The Irony of the daughter of one of Africa’s richest men wearing a shirt with an inscription commonly seen on danfo buses is hilarious. Which of her conditions does she not want to be permanent now? Is this a motivational something or is this “Poverty Appropriation”? I can’t think; I’m laughing my head off… And yes, I know I’m probably the only one that sees it as funny. Leave me and my crazy alone.

• Minny

January 5, 2018 at 6:14 pm

Loki,

The inscription is applicable to life. Neither wealth nor poverty is permanent….I wouldn’t define this as poverty appropriation. It will be foolish to think the wealthy don’t assume their wealth could vanish in a heartbeat, otherwise, there will be no point to wealth accumulation…perspective!

• Loki

January 6, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Minny, I’m honestly not thinking of this all that seriously. I have chosen to see it as hilarious. Works better for my blood pressure.

4. missappleberry

January 5, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Temi’s foundation is not for her skin color. Makes her look like shes wearing a mask

5. Truetalker

January 5, 2018 at 11:31 pm

Beautiful Otedola ladies! Love how they support each other. They don’t look alike at all physically that is..

6. Letty

January 6, 2018 at 5:20 pm

This is a freak show. Look at the gobs of monstrous makeup