News

$150,000 paid into Athletics Federation of Nigeria account by IAAF goes Missing

BellaNaija.com

$150,000 paid into AFN account by IAAF goes Missing - BellaNaijaWorld’s athletics body IAAF is asking that the Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) return $150,000 paid to it by mistake, Guardian reports.

The body pays $15,000 annually to member federations, but for the year 2017, $150,000 was mistakenly paid to AFN.

IAAF accountants reportedly discovered the error and asked that the sum be returned, and therein lies the trouble: the money is nowhere to be found.

AFN Vice President, Olamide George, speaking to Guardian, said the board of the AFN has no knowledge of any sum received.

The sum was probably received by the past administration, he said, or by the AFN secretary who was installed by sports minister Solomon Dalung. He said:

I think the money came just when we were taking over from the past administration.

But the truth is that it is only the AFN secretary who knows how he received the IAAF money.

If the money was paid into AFN account, it could have gone through the Treasury Single Account (TSA). I am sure the secretary used his personal account to collect the money from IAAF, which I think is wrong.

The secretary was transferred from AFN before, but the sports minister (Solomon Dalung) brought him back. They should tell Nigerians what happened to the IAAF money.

I cannot be part of AFN board and all sorts of things are happening behind the scene. We must not fold our hands until IAAF sanctions Nigeria because of this issue.

The AFN Technical Director, Sunday Adeleye, also spoke with Guardian, saying the sum has not been paid into the AFN account. He said:

I can tell you categorically that since we came on board, no single money has been paid into the AFN account.

So, it will be difficult for me to speak on this IAAF $150,000 grants.

1. eagleeye

March 6, 2018 at 9:19 pm

The government in this country is actually mad.
    In fact we are all mad for allowing the nonsense go on. Seriously
    What nonsense insulting response? The money just came from the past administration?? Is that how money appears?? Seriously??
    Piss of f***ing idi*t

2. Deleke

March 6, 2018 at 9:57 pm

A snake swallowed the money

3. Mohammad

March 6, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Ole jati-jati. Barawo!

4. Beht why

March 6, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Where do I even start from? Nah Satan, I said not today.

• ProudNigerian

March 6, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Exactly my response. GOD help us

5. Fizzy

March 7, 2018 at 12:19 am

Nigeria is a comedy of errors. I just couldn’t help myself. The laughter on reading this crap was hysterical.

6. Miss pee

March 7, 2018 at 7:37 am

Kpowy?? from one story to another, always making Nigerians appear foolish. Your time of reckoning is here??

7. Naijababeii

March 7, 2018 at 9:57 am

Chai! NIGERIA where did we go wrong? how can humans be like dis. money paid in 2017 na past administration receive am, hmmmmmmmmmm very soon dem go say na 1 animal way dey on his swallow am. YOUTHS PLS MAKE SURE DAT APC NO COME BACK 2019

8. Eric

March 7, 2018 at 3:18 pm

Shame!!! To every single mother f—ing one of them!! Bastards and barbarians!! Animals that should be slaughtered for suya. How much more embarrassment are we supposed to endure as a country. Buhari wants to help Ghana tackle curroption, yet we have rot and decay eating away at us here. May all of you in power BURN!!! I’m So angry