News

I’m jubilating because my daughter did not renounce Christ – Father of Unreleased Dapchi Girl

BellaNaija.com

I'm jubilating because my daughter did not renounce Christ - Father of Unreleased Dapchi Girl - BellaNaija

104 of the 110 girls abducted by Boko Haram from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, had been returned on Wednesday by the terrorist group.

5 of the girls had been reported dead, while reports claimed 1 was not released because she refused to renounce her religion – Christianity.

According to The Cable, the father of the girl, Nata Sharibu, said he was happy his daughter did not renounce her faith. He said:

All of them were released. They said some were dead there and my daughter is alive but they cannot release her because she is a Christian.

They gave her the option of converting in order to be released but she said she will never become a Muslim. I am very sad but I am also jubilating too because my daughter did not denounce Christ.

Although the Federal Government is yet to confirm the deaths of the 5 girls, or the whereabouts of the 1 remaining girl, the released girls say the 5 girls died of heart attack.

Five of our friends died of heart attack, trauma and stress as a result of the long trip.

We crossed several rivers and streams and into one house where we lived till our departure day.

They also confirmed that the remaining girl was not released because of her religion. They said:

We didn’t know why they brought us back but they told us we are Muslims and we share the same faith and they don’t want us to suffer.

One of us was held back on the religious ground. She is a Christian and refused to denounce her religion.

1. Lailatu

March 22, 2018 at 1:53 pm

Such courage from one so young…may God bring her back to her family safe. #istandwithleah

• Provi

March 22, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Amennmnmmnnnnnnn… God bless her and her generation in Jesus name amen

2. Mrs chidukane

March 22, 2018 at 3:14 pm

This whole saga leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It has set a very dangerous precedent. I’m afraid for Nigeria. The greed and lust for power those in leadership exhibit, might just consume us all. I pray she is reunited with her family. She is very brave.

3. privacyplease

March 22, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I would want my daughter to say whatever she needed to get released from these terrible people. Your faith is in your heart, not in your mouth.

• Nina

March 22, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Wisdom.

• Smh

March 22, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Fam!! I just keep thinking of the unimaginable horrors those animals are subjecting the poor girl to. Sometimes we need to use wisdom.

• o

March 22, 2018 at 6:17 pm

She could have denied Christ and they still wouldn’t let her go. Better to be killed for not denouncing Christ than denounce Christ and immediately be killed (just saying generally not wishing death on her). It’s a tough one. I’m sure she must have thought of it. Sigh. I pray that she will survive this horror and testify to the power of our Lord that she loves so much.

• Ife

March 22, 2018 at 6:43 pm

This is the problem we have as christians, and why nobody takes us serious anymore. We’re always ready to compromise. These so called muslims are ready to die for their religion, but we chicken out at any opportunity we get. What the young girl did was very brave, and she shouldn’t be condemned.
      This is a lesson for us all Christians to stand up for what we believe in. I pray for her safe return.

• Provi

March 22, 2018 at 6:59 pm

Faith without works is dead. Even the devil believes Jesus is Lord. Only your works differences you from the devil.
      Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. James 2:18

• Jummy

March 22, 2018 at 10:20 pm

That, aunty/uncle is NOT faith.

• Ovadje

March 23, 2018 at 12:13 am

@privacyplease, thank you jo! I am completely with you on this one. BNers can sit in the comfort of their own homes and in front of their computers and be pontificating churlish nonsense and forming holy holy piety (how many of them even know what it means to have a child). Anyone who truly believes will also know that’s there no misdeed (presuming it’s actually one) incapable of forgiveness.

4. flo

March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Actually, your faith is both in your mouth and in your heart…..what she did and the stand she took is far much deeper than meets this headline can capture.

5. flo

March 22, 2018 at 4:20 pm

‘deeper than this headline can capture’

6. flo

March 22, 2018 at 4:21 pm

In all, this never should have happened…traumatic beyond words

7. Fizzy

March 22, 2018 at 5:40 pm

I received this on WhatsApp and I really do not know whether to forward it or not. I have been dejected all day. While discussing this with my friend, we concluded that those who claim to be leaders of the Christian faith might just all become dumb at this period. On the other hand, if we protest too much as Christians, those dare devil animals might just kill the poor girl and nothing will happen in Nigeria of today. So, what do we do? I feel so lost.

8. Somto

March 22, 2018 at 5:53 pm

@privacyplease? Your ignorance knows no bounds. You profess your faith and not hide it in your heart. Faith without works is dead. Bravo to Leah. You are a very brave child and the Joy of the Lord is your strength.

9. Provi

March 22, 2018 at 6:24 pm

Matthew 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

10. Provi

March 22, 2018 at 6:53 pm

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 10:33

11. Lailatu

March 22, 2018 at 6:55 pm

@privacyplease, I guess that’s the problem with Nigeria, our faith is too much in “our hearts” and not enough in our actions. We have a lot to learn about integrity from this young girl.

12. Tkl

March 22, 2018 at 7:02 pm

Can we have her name , so we can pray for her life!

13. jankara

March 22, 2018 at 7:25 pm

why don’t we christians everywhere pray for leah by name

14. Kate Edward

March 22, 2018 at 9:01 pm

I am so touched by her faith in Jesus Christ. I pray that he will show up strong and speak for her, it is really heart breaking but may the Lord strengthen you Leah… we are proud of you…..

15. Tracy Edward

March 22, 2018 at 11:45 pm

Jesus will bring her to her family. I cover the girl with the Blood of Jesus Christ Amen. We as Christain should put this beautiful girl in our prayer till Jesus bring her Home. I am very Proud of the father. This FAMILY ARE EXAMPLE TO US CHRISTAINS ALL OVER THE WORLD. Jesus Jesus in your Name we destory all the works of satan through bako haram. This gril and her family are cover with the Blood of Jesus Christ Amen. The Angle of God is with the gril whereevershe may be in Jesus Name Amen till swhe comes Home Amen.

16. privacyplease

March 23, 2018 at 1:39 am

Religous fervor without reasoning is the very reason that Boko Haram exists. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

• Ada_ugo

March 24, 2018 at 11:52 am

christianity without fervor is a waste of time.

17. Orstino

March 23, 2018 at 7:27 am

Leah has made my faith in Christ more stronger and I know that weapon fashioned against her shall never prosper,AMEN