Weddings

BN Weddings – Video: You will Love Ijeoma & Jonathan’s Vibrant Nigerian & Kenyan Wedding Ceremony in New Jersey

BellaNaija Weddings

Ijeoma and Jonathan fell in love while they were students in Harvard. Their proposal story is such a sweet one. The couple travelled to Milan, Italy for a vacation but unknown to Ijeoma, Jonathan already had his proposal plans up his sleeves.

1. The plan was simple. The groom who is Kenyan wanted to surprise Ijeoma who is Nigerian with some sweet Igbo lyrics while proposing to her during dinner. Ijeoma ordered for dinner. While Jonathan started eating, he had an allergic reaction and was rushed to the bathroom. They later found out that the lobster in the meal was what Jonathan was allergic to and took it out.

Thankfully, the reaction wore off and Jonathan asked the love of his life Ijeoma to marry him. Of course she said yes!

So sweet!

Here is their vibrant Nigerian Kenyan wedding ceremony video. Look out for their parents speech.

Credits
Videography: @yameanstudios
Photography: @alakijastudios

1. Temi Tope

April 6, 2018 at 8:43 am

Congrats! to both of them. and many years together, blessed with kids

But I heard many many times… that Kenyan men are not circumcised.. In their tradition they don’t do that. compare to Naija Men.. That is a no no for us.. But, hey if they are in love..

• aisha

April 6, 2018 at 9:06 am

Hi Temi, this is only one tribe that does not circumcise…..most tribes do……

• Mercy

April 6, 2018 at 2:58 pm

Hahaha.kenyan men circumsize in fact it’s abiiig big thing ..as early as 13yr old boys… In some tribes those in interiors they practice on women too… (yea long ago Men in the luo community didn’t but after full campaigns and education they actually do practice these days… So my dear you heard wrong

• nne

April 7, 2018 at 11:38 am

But what is wrong with you? Haba! You hear Kenyan and Nigerian are getting married, you see the beautiful pictures and the first thought that comes up in your head is circumcision. You are a special waow.

2. Ada

April 6, 2018 at 8:45 am

This is so beautiful! Congratulations to the bride and groom.

3. Mama

April 6, 2018 at 9:07 am

Love, love, love her hair including the untamed edges! ?

• Mz Socially Awkward....

April 6, 2018 at 9:58 am

I’m here for that hurrrrrr. Love it!

And congratulations to them, may this union always be renewed with love and Divinely given joy!

• Amaka

April 6, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Shade! Shade!! Shade!!! written all over your “love” of the hair comment. ……lol. The shade is for real girl……lol

• Mama

April 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

Sorry Amaka, there’s no “shade” in my comment. It is very literal, no latent meaning at all. I keep natural hair myself and I’m just happy to see someone carry her hair same way I do, even on her wedding day. I have never understood the whole sleeking down baby hairs business which most naturals practice. So this, for me is a breath of fresh air.

• ThatGhanaChick

April 9, 2018 at 3:53 pm

IKR, She is unapologetically naturalista! I love the hair too, I can’t tame my edges to save my life and I don’t care at all. It’s all part of my hair.

4. Ella

April 6, 2018 at 9:24 pm

Happy married life. This is like the first time i’m seeing a Nigerian/other, wedding where the woman is the one who is Nigerian. Normally its the Nigerian man who is marrying outside.

They look beautiful. The bride looks familiar. Is she a blogger, or is she instafamous? I feel like I’ve seen her face somewhere.

5. nne

April 7, 2018 at 11:48 am

May God bless their union. The collective joy in the video is infectious.

6. Miss Mo

April 7, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Ella she is an online personality and social media blogger for beauty and hair I believe. Not on instagram but I follow her on facebook.

Awww beautiful Ijeoma. I read about how your parents gave you hell in regards to marrying him but they came around later and even visited Kenya after the wedding.

I like how you followed your heart despite the trials and tribulations.

Beauty radiates around you both and I pray you continue to blossom in love and happiness. Conjugal bliss dear.