Music

AKA is throwing shade at a certain “Ex” with New Single “Beyonce” | Listen on BN

BellaNaija.com

AKA is throwing shades at a certain "Ex" with New Single "Beyonce" | Listen on BN

As he counts down to the release of his new album titled Touch My Blood, South African rapper AKA has released two new singles off the project titled Beyonce and Amen.

The lines in the Beyonce track has however attracted fans who believe he was referring to his immediate ex-girlfriend, Bonang Matheba with the lyrics of the song.

The song had lines like “How you gonna be my fiance living like Rihanna, thinking you Beyonce and “When I left my baby mama I thought you will be my soulmate – you was a bomb bae“.

The track was perceived as referring to Bonang because both she and Beyonce go by the nickname Queen B.

Listen to the track below:

See some reactions below:

1. Mamamia

June 1, 2018 at 8:09 pm

AkA you are childish sha, plus, live Rihanna out of this, I think you diss was targeted more at Rihanna than your Bonang. Karma is what it is. Enjoy the bed you laid with your own hands.

• yinka

June 2, 2018 at 5:37 am

Why is he childish?because he is a guy abi.i wonder if you would have said the same thing if it were to be a lady.and its childlike not childish.

2. Mamamia

June 1, 2018 at 10:41 pm

*leave and your. Can’t blame this on autocorrect ??‍♀️

3. yinka

June 2, 2018 at 5:38 am

4. Mamamia

June 2, 2018 at 11:40 am

I would have. Honesty isn’t gender biased to me. And, no, the call out isn’t the problem, but if you have watched AKA actions over the years, you will know he is struggling with being an adult. Simple.

5. Sonia Paloma