Career

Linda Ikeji announces she’s getting a Honorary Doctorate Degree from Trinity International University of Ambassadors

BellaNaija.com

Linda Ikeji has just announced that she’ll be getting a honorary doctorate degree from the Trinity International University of Ambassadors, Georgia for her contribution to media in Africa.

Linda who is currently in Atlanta to birth her son, shared the great news via her Instagram page:

I told you guys a few months ago to call me Princess Linda after the Arewa Youths title, but after August 8th, you will have to upgrade that to Dr. Linda Ikeji…???. I’m getting a honorary doctorate degree from Trinity International University of Georgia for my contribution to media in Africa and as Africa’s Most Successful Blogger. ???. Really grateful to God for how far He’s brought me! And thank you for your congratulations. Love to you and yours.

1. rosette

August 6, 2018 at 9:38 am

Congratulations Linda! I’m happy for you.

2. Felinda

August 6, 2018 at 10:36 am

Small girl big God abi ???

• didi

August 6, 2018 at 8:50 pm

It should no longer be called SOCIAL MEDIA but SOCIAL SHARING. You buy designers bag youshare,you buy a house,you share, you get robbed you share! Gave your mother a car you share, you fall in front of your house you share loooolllsss this SHARING YOU ARE SHARING hmm kim kardashiannhas learnt her lessons,let our nigerian celebs try a little privacy nawww.

3. Ese

August 6, 2018 at 10:39 am

Linda is known for lack of class and she has not surprised us. That Online university is known for selling degrees and honorary doctorate to any available client Linda is such a disgrace to publicly announce she buying her own doctorate. No class and low self esteem issues

• rosette

August 6, 2018 at 11:51 am

The heart of man is desperately wicked. No one can comprehend… i feel sorry for you.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

August 6, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Run me through this, are there two Trinity Universities in Georgia? Your comment made me google “Trinity University of Ambassadors” but the link which popped as www. trinityuia.org up took me to a zillion ad pages (popping up one after the other)….. however, the second result was just for “Trinity University, Georgia”…. which seems to be a different institution.

BN, are you being shady? Linda seems to be implying that her degree is from “Trinity University” but you’ve put down “Trinity University of Ambassadors”…. just checking..

• Californiabawlar

August 6, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Okay so I went to her blog. She typed Trinity University of Georgia in the text of the post, but the snapshot from the letter she got says Trinity University of Ambassadors.
      You see, I love Linda’s entrepreneurial spirit and I’m always rooting for her, but her lack of attention to detail is disconcerting. And this is me choosing to believe this was a mistake and she’s not deliberately trying to one up the public by posting the wrong (better) institution’s name.

p.s. I have an intense disdain for honorary degrees. Never made sense to me ??‍♀️??

• Mz Socially Awkward....

August 6, 2018 at 4:59 pm

Oshey, some needful context for “awa” understanding. ✌️✌️

• Ble

August 6, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Do you have proof? It is easy to bring up an allegation so why not back it up with evidence and be a credible.

• Bobosteke

August 6, 2018 at 10:06 pm

@Ble,

I’m sorry, but proof of what? You just don’t type something because it sounds good in your head.

• Sade

August 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Eh whether na Trinity ambassador or university, class abi no class. Linda has worked hard to get to where she is now. She receives a lot of backlash due to her line of job and how she gets her income but she’s a hustler and for that I say congratulations on her achievements. The Kardashian’s are where they are now from a sex tape and capitalized on it. And these are women who are praised for their hard work.

• Cocoa

August 7, 2018 at 10:35 am

Yep, Hustlers indeed….working real hard at the DEVILS FACTORY to lead the likes of you astray.

Blind generation that celebrates what God HATES.

• Ada

August 6, 2018 at 7:22 pm

I love Linda, but was disappointed that she went to pay an unaccredited institution, go and search for the schl, and you will see it really isnt. Anyone can get an honorary from it. Bad move in my opinion. Have you seen their Founders LinkedIn page?

• Osa

August 7, 2018 at 7:04 pm

Even sade okoya bagged a cheap honorary degree for bagging a biliionare husband. Im sorry you buy an honorary degree from an ill defined university? Cheap move, cheap with no class. Typical of the blogger

4. Baybie

August 6, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Hmmm, I have no energy to really say what’s on my mind. Congrats Ms Ikeji, keep shinning!

5. IMI

August 6, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Technically a bible college is giving a worldly blogger doctorate? I don’t understand. All the best LIB. It’s not that serious or is it?

6. Bobosteke

August 6, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Honourary degrees are rightfully awarded to outstanding individuals who have excelled in their chosen field of endeavour.

It used to be that some people (read politicians) in Nigeria used to bribe their way to get them to add to their pedigree (or lack thereof). But after the Keffi Declaration by the National Universities Commission, the practice has (sort of) ebbed.

Now most people get their Honourary degrees from the abroad. These dumbass institutions have a thriving market in developing countries where people are impressed by titles. I know a sitting Governor who did not even write WAEC, yet he has a Ph.D from these “Universities”

The Honourary degree to be conferred to the person in question is not even worth the paper that it is written on. Same way some people went to Harvard for a three week program and were forming I’m doing masters in Harvard.

Some things are branding, some are just outright lies. This is one of them.

7. Africans we need to stand

August 7, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Africans we need to start speaking out and becoming involved. Chinese are not our friends, think about it Americans are in debt right now to china, They are coming to our continent not to help us, but to capture the resource we have. HAVE YOU thought about how pure Africa is, how many nationals have are so eager to trade with us, knowing well they can easily extort us due to corruption, lack of unity, and tribalism.

8. John

August 8, 2018 at 11:48 am

I love Linda s hard work and determination but this honorary doctorate is fake and cheap. She can do even better than this. I know she must have parted with money to get this rubbish. Young people should always strive to earn their mark and respect not going through the back door like most Politicians with dubious antecedents …….Linda show a bit of class

9. Alicia

August 8, 2018 at 3:40 pm

…Congrats to Linda but I am surprised she doesn’t know she cannot use the title ‘Dr’ or be referred to as a Doctor? If you must, you’ve got to include the letters ‘h.c’.