Scoop

Lindsay Lohan says #MeToo Advocacy makes Women “look weak”

BellaNaija.com

Lindsay Lohan says #MeToo Advocacy makes Women "look weak"

Actress Lindsay Lohan is trending online for her comments on the #MeToo movement.

In an interview with The Times, Lohan said she is “very supportive” of women but she had controversial opinion about the movement against sexual assault/misconduct.

She said:

I don’t really have anything to say. I can’t speak on something I didn’t live, right? Look, I am very supportive of women. Everyone goes through their own experiences in their own ways.

If it happens at that moment, you discuss it at that moment. You make it a real thing by making it a police report.

I’m going to really hate myself for saying this, but I think by women speaking against all these things, it makes them look weak when they are very strong women.

You have these girls who come out, who don’t even know who they are, who do it for the attention. That is taking away from the fact that it happened.

Photo Credit: @lindsaylohan

1. Marsala

August 9, 2018 at 10:04 pm

…And, I agree!

• Star

August 9, 2018 at 11:07 pm

Me too, i agree with her, women use this platform to oppress men that will not conform to their whims

• Bule

August 10, 2018 at 3:31 am

Yes, “me too” women from across the globe are liars and they all made up their stories because men refused to conform. Women are never sexually asaulted, because men are angels.

• Seriously

August 10, 2018 at 2:40 pm

Interesting. You agree? Based on what
      It’s sad that standing up against wrong things is deemed as one weak. So, is this the reason we human beings continue to watch wickedness happen around us and we are quiet or pretend we didn’t see it. The same reason we shut down people who speak on their vulnerabilities and just human downfalls. Pretending to be strong hasn’t helped anyone hence people slowly dying each day. YEs, some people may have lied or exaggerated but the reality is these things happen everyday and silence is not the solution.
      Lindsay Lohan should be the least person talking.
      Growing up, one of my friends used to attend Lindsay house parties. Alcohol, drugs, orgy, sex etc
      And so many things happened in lindsay’s life that has led to her being so damaged. She’s in serious self denial.

2. lami

August 10, 2018 at 1:33 am

I totally agree

3. John

August 10, 2018 at 9:39 am

Lol…as if they are not weak before .

4. Cocoa

August 10, 2018 at 10:01 am

There is nothing wrong in looking weak and vulnerable because it is true. We are vulnerable. Every human is fragile.
    What are we trying to prove by pretending to be strong?

God is close to the brokenhearted.