News

FAVOUR! Mo Abudu shares Powerful Positive Affirmations as she turns 54

BellaNaija.com

Mo Abudu is turning 54 today and she is doing something rather different.
The founder of EbonyLife TV has worn many hats over the years – from Human Resources Executive to Hotel Investor to Talk Show host to Media Mogul and most recently groundbreaking filmmaker.
She has achieved significant success in all her endeavours and today she shares the story of favour. In a few hours, we will be sharing a major initiative spearheaded by Mo to help the next generation blossom in success. Right now, read on;

I have named this series shot by Emmanuel Oyeleke – “FAVOUR“.
These pictures were taken in August 2018 and I decided to share them as I turned 54 today on the 11th September.
I have named this series “FAVOUR”, because i look back over my life and i know its simply about enjoying HIS FAVOUR.
Yes, I am favoured.
Favour is given in abundance by The Almighty, to those He chooses.

At times, His favour comes as a surprise, a gift, an idea, an opportunity and, at times, even as a challenge. I accept and embrace them all, knowing I am highly favoured.

Favour has many names – GRATEFUL, HAPPY, GRACE, NEW BEGINNINGS, EXCITED, EXPECTANT, BLESSING, VICTORIOUS, and more …

Today, on my birthday, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has made a difference in my life over the past 54 years. You know who you are. I love you dearly and you are all favoured, now and always, by His special grace.

Sending special love today and always to my mum, my darling Temidee, my Koko and my sisters. Love you all to bits.

We have so much to learn from each other. Hoping that the ‘Birthday Favour Tips’ that I share today will be useful to you, as you plan your next day, week or year. I would love to hear from anyone that has any favour tips to share with me – those things that have brought you favour.

Much love to all.
Mo Abudu

11 September 2018

We love that she’s sharing this. There is so much power in positive affirmations. We are going to try personalising Chapters 3 to 8 of the Favour tips and reciting it all through the rest of our week. Try it and let us know how it goes!

Credits
Photography: Emmanuel Oyeleke – @eopjournals@eopstudios
Makeup: D’Artiste by DODOS – @iamdodos
Hair: TJ – @Haircraft_ and @Beedaisyhair
Wardrobe: @moabudu

1. Steph

September 11, 2018 at 4:08 am

I love a woman who can take care of herself! Happy birthay Mo, more blessings!

2. crown

September 11, 2018 at 4:19 am

Beautiful! Giving honor to God is a great thing!!

3. WIA

September 11, 2018 at 9:29 am

Congratulations Maam, You are an inspiration to the women coming behind you .Wishing many more years as you continue to do exploits.

4. Radiant

September 11, 2018 at 10:06 am

Wow. Happy birthday and congratulations to you, Madam. These words speak so much joy from the heart and I can’t help but to rejoice with you.

Mostly beautiful pictures too.

5. Nana

September 11, 2018 at 10:13 am

She looks like sade okoya so much. makeup makes everyone look alike this days….
    Happy birthday Mo

6. Baymax

September 11, 2018 at 11:29 am

I have to say i admire the fact that she uses her native names. When i see people change their native names for more acceptable foreign names just because they sound “funky” or “classy”, i feel sad. Many parents today give their children foreign names because they feel Nigerian names are too local

This is a woman who has accomplished what many cannot even dream of and she retained her native names.

Kudos Mosunmola Folake Ajifowoke

• Osa

September 12, 2018 at 4:07 am

Thanks for putting “classy” in inverted commas. Foreign and english first names are as a matter of fact more associated with the lower echelon of the society.

7. Michy

September 11, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Happy birthday. I don’t really get the gems in words she shared.

8. Daniella

September 11, 2018 at 4:47 pm

His favour comes as a surprise, a gift, an idea, blah blah blah …….. Tell that to all the creatives out there whose idea(s) you have stolen and run with! To the general public, beware of “breathing” , much less speaking about your creative idea(s) to this woman because she will legit own it. Unfortunately, copyright protects ideas that have been expressed in some form or she would have been liable to all shades of lawsuits! I can bet that even these words were written by someone else…. Oh MO! No such thing as God’s favour when it comes to you… you are simply a big woman with bigger Gods! Happy Birthday!

9. Anonymous

September 11, 2018 at 5:02 pm

“You don’t get the gems”, sorry go and look for Amethyst, Sapphire, Tourmaline, Garnet, Topaz and the rest….. Lol! Interestingly, not everybody can relate to you.

10. Anonymous

September 11, 2018 at 5:04 pm

Happy Birthday Ma!!!! More grace, favour, blessings, and remain victorious, Amen!!!

11. yes maam

September 13, 2018 at 8:01 am

Ha ha, oh MA. The most confident con artist ever. I bet Bella is not going to post this but I’mma press send anyway 🙂