Would You Try This At Your Wedding?

Posted on Friday, August 7th, 2009 at 11:19 PM

By Fade Awolesi

jkwedding

I am sure loads of you would have watched  the Youtube video of  Jill Peterson and Peter Heinz  with their bridal party dancing down the aisle to Chris Brown’s Forever.

This viral video has caused a major sensation on the world wide web, with more than 16 million hits to date.

It seems modern brides are adding a special touch to their weddings and this is definitely a trend to watch out for.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0[/youtube]

So would you try this out at your wedding?

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 16 Comments on “Would You Try This At Your Wedding?”

Comments
    • Tosin August 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Kai! Reverence in the house of God i can hear my people say. As much as i would like to say yes – Christ Church (Anglican) where my parents go will not allow this at all…singing ‘devil’s’ song in church? no way. Even the bridal dresses would be considered too short.

That said, we do hav razmatazz at Nigerian receptions – i hav seen a few lovely entrances. My people do make an effort

• chayoma August 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Seeing it again, still cracks me up!
      I wonder how this would be received in a typical Nigerian Anglican church!
      Was loads of fun.
      For reception.
      It’s a definite yes!
      Cuteness :)

• mia August 8, 2009 at 1:28 AM

yea i saw the video and it was too cuuute. I don’t mind trying it … “here comes the bride” has become boring jo.. lol… yea definitely add a touch and spice it up..its a good look.

• vivian o August 8, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Love it! Unique and lighthearted!

• Domzy August 8, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Haha the bride went to my college! Go Grinnell! I think whatever makes them happy- that’s what’s important

• africhika August 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

so cute. i like how they weren’t trying to hard. it wasn’t cheesy or too choreographed. just go with the flow. i’m sure this would relieve some of the stress and nervousness that the bride/groom may have. love it!

• Moondog August 8, 2009 at 11:23 PM

No way,meen. I cant try that. My parents are too uptight and razz. I can see my daddy frowning his face saying Kini gbogbo yi, ini shurshi. Nah, thanks.

• Omoye August 10, 2009 at 4:51 PM

We don’t need to copy everthing we see from ‘oyibos.’ But it’s worth trying it and even surpassing what these guys have done during a wedding reception entrance for the couple and their bridal train. The event in church should be given the solemnity and reverence it deserves; common, it’s only for a few hours with God. The couple have their reception to bring down the roof, if they plan to, by making a “grand entrance,” which every couple should aim for. Anyone, I suppose, will like to make a grand entrance into married life as a new couple.

• vickky August 11, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Love it! love it!! love it!!!……………but i wouldnt try it myself.

• jideofor August 12, 2009 at 7:01 AM

LOVELY. I LOVE IT

• T August 23, 2009 at 5:38 PM

That is very very funny. I love it.
      Unfortunately I doubt they will accept that at CAC churches. Love it.

• ladi September 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM

This pretty normal in my church, village weddings especially…though not hiphop but very upbeat gospel music with the bride not ‘here comes the bride’ slow music. NEVER been to a wedding with slow walking-down-the-aisle music.

• ladi September 5, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Nigerian and ‘black’ American praise and worship services don’t have mich solemnity in that case. All those 9ja songs we sing and dance to in church nko? All the weddings I have been to have fast gospel songs with the bride and family dancing down the aisle.

P.s. slow music is coying oyibo innit? When did our ‘tradition’ have ‘here comes the bride’?

• Omoge September 20, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I think this should be the video for the song. Simply wonderful. Hopefully i’ll do it for mine. But i guess that’s their version of the reception entrance dance for us in Naija.

• ange December 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

this is common in our country too (botswana) most brides enter with gospel songs in church…..not “here comes the bride”…

• loila January 6, 2011 at 2:53 AM