The 2011 City People Entertainment Awards took place in Lagos yesterday, Sunday 7th August 2011. Awards were presented in a host of categories across the entertainment spectrum.
BellaNaija.com will be bringing you a full red carpet report and a list of all the winners.
Here is your first look at photos from the event and an interim list of winners.

Halima Abubakar

Tiwa Savage

Wizkid

Juliet Ibrahim

City People Entertainment Awards 2011 – Winners
Female Musician of the Year – Tiwa Savage
Record Label of the Year – Chocolate City
Song of the Year – “Oleku” by Ice Prince featuring Brymo
Album of the Year – MI:2 The Movie – M.I
Best New Male Artiste – Wizkid
Rap Album of the Year – MI:2 The Movie – M.I
Male HipHop Artist of the Year – M.I
Female HipHop Artist of the Year – Goldie
Music Collaboration of the Year – “Joor O” Remix by JahBless featuring Ice Price, eLDee, Reminisce & Durella
Producer of the Year – Samklef
Actress of the Year – Halima Abubakar
Best New Actress – Mbong Amata
Best New Actor – Joseph Benjamin
Supporting Actor of the Year – Enyinna Nwigwe
Face of Ghanaian Movies 2011 – Juliet Ibrahim

Official photos will be published as soon as they are received

56 Comments on BN Bytes: M.I, JahBless, Tiwa Savage, Juliet Ibrahim, Mbong Amata, Samkelf & Halima Abubakar win at the 2011 City People Entertainment Awards
  • Stunning August 8, 2011 at 7:36 am

Halima Abubakar as actress of the year?????In what continent? Whoever gave out that award was probably high on some cheap drugs cos it makes no sense.

• sugar August 8, 2011 at 8:21 am

funnyyyyyy!!!! i so agree!!!! where r nse, genevieve, monalisa, uche,etcc……..

• THE AMAKA August 8, 2011 at 10:23 am

Monalisa? no.

• luwababe August 8, 2011 at 2:59 pm

monalisa?from where? she aint act nothing this yr.. maybe they meant UP-coming..?? -_-

• polka August 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm

lol.. probably she waz the onlyone available to attend the event. I would like to see the list of nomineess for this category tho to know who she waz up against.. smh. As for Juliet Abraham..I think not.. Yvonne Nelson should have won that… or Jackie or Nadia.

• luwababe August 8, 2011 at 2:58 pm

exactly!!

• oma-peduru August 8, 2011 at 7:37 am

Sorry but what films did Halima act in that qualified her for this award? Any major role?

• *ajalahtravel* August 8, 2011 at 8:14 am

No offence to madam juliet and halima but who dash monkey banana?

*ajalahtravel*

• jezz August 8, 2011 at 8:15 am

Halima indeed! City People Awards has always bn razz…

• THE AMAKA August 8, 2011 at 8:18 am

Halima Abubakar has done no major movie in the last year to even qualify. these awards have NO credibility whatsoever. Halima has only done those low budget Nollywood movies or the ones that have a lot of sex scenes, while we have other hardworking people in our industry doing serious work. SMH.
    and Juliet Ibrahim? the lady that gets made fun of for being one of the worst actresses in Ghana winning an award? not even Jackie Appiah or Nadia Buahri AT LEAST? these awards are a joke.
    M.I got three awards though, Kudos to him.
    but as for the acting, they probably dont even watch the movies to begin with.

• Adwoa August 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm

I so agree with you this award committee is a joke for Halima and Juliet Ibrahim to win an award. Where was Gevenieve, Nse, Uche, and Ini Edo?

• kamasutra August 8, 2011 at 8:19 am

No offence to madam juliet, goldie and halima but who dash monkey banana?
    And tha suspect’s collabo with female emcee’s was a way better collabo.

• pynk August 8, 2011 at 8:40 am

lol @ City people

• mii August 8, 2011 at 8:47 am

lol who is halima again oooo?

• dyn August 8, 2011 at 9:07 am

My thoughts exactly. Congrats Joe

• angel eyes August 8, 2011 at 9:07 am

i wonder ooooo, chaii, naija and ojoro

• angel eyes August 8, 2011 at 9:09 am

plus mbong amata is not a new actress, she’s a wonderful actress n i love her n d award shld have been given to her long before now like wen she came out in d amazing grace movie

• mimilavander August 8, 2011 at 9:14 am

wat happened to nse ekpe …………………………..na wa 4 naija oooooooooooooooooooooo

• Rosellar August 8, 2011 at 9:24 am

Halima’s frock……..oh no! Whatta disaster.

• babylawyer August 8, 2011 at 10:01 am

halima? Really? Nse Ikpe Etim would have been my guess…

• cathy August 8, 2011 at 10:22 am

rubbish you all have said it all jor

• Kerosene August 8, 2011 at 10:35 am

Rubbish

• Sharon August 8, 2011 at 10:52 am

Big nonsense

• HRS OLUBUSOLA August 8, 2011 at 11:10 am

Halima? Seriously?! Oh! Purleaese!!! As much as i love Tiwa Savage, Female Musician of the year, is too much……..

• kenora August 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm

who give halima…where is gene.kate.mercy.omosexy.etc…..abeg may dem ask the people may give am that award some question bcos smtin is wrong sm where……juliet ad halima them dont no how to act..bcos there are still leaning

• adaeze August 8, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Wen i first saw halima i wondered wat the heck she was doin there, city pple should employ some one to watch nigerian movies and give them receent updates,,
    wateva happened to hard workin actresses like uche, geny, stella, etc

• ADNYL (CHICAGO) August 8, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Nse Ikpe Etim JACKIE APPIAH ANYONE ELSE WHOULD HAVE WORKED…I READ A LOT OF MESSAGES YOU ALL SHOULD PUT TOGETHER A PANEL OF PEOPLE AND PRESENT YOUR CASE…THE PEOPLE NOMINATED NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND ANOTHER NO…NONE OF THE MOVIES THAT I HAVE SEEN ARE NOMI WORTHY AND JULIET THE BODY WILL ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR…I AM NOT GAY BUT BELIEVE ME I HAVE SEEN BETTER…ANYWAY PULL THE RESOURCES TOGETHER AND MAKE IT HAPPEN.. I CANNOT WAIT TO MOVE TO AFRICA

• #CCR February 12, 2014 at 5:51 pm

This is a part of alots we are facing in the Nigeria Industry. Hardworking pay less than connections.

• Adwoa August 8, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Why is Juliet Ibrahim part of this award nominations? She is by far the worst actress in Ghana so why did she win an award? Of all the Ghanaian actress you couldn’t find anyone as the face of Ghana but Juliet Ibrahim……..wooow. This is riddicolous and how can Halima win actress of the year award? I really want to know which movie made her win best actress of the year.

• polka August 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I agree… Yvonne Nelson should have won that… or Jackie or Nadia.

• boo August 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Chocolate city cleared shop

• sasha August 8, 2011 at 2:48 pm

HALIMA ABUBAKAR !! I AM AN ACTIVE NAIJA MOVIE WATCHER AND GIVING HER ACTRESS OF THE YEAR IS a big INSULT TO GENEVIEVE, STELLA ,RITA DOMINIC, Mercy, ini, OMONI ,NSE ,JACKIE AND KATE HENSHAW..ABI IS IT WHITE HUNTERS OR LADIES MEN/GANG THAT SHE GOT THE AWARD FOR ? this award is a joke ..and as for juliet ibrahim ..that babe cannot act to save her life..her acting ignites my anger cuz of how pathetic it is to watch her.

• telemi August 8, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Aters kill ya selves cos it is wat it is…m..Go 2 film market and find out or u all r watchin d wrong movies..How dare u compare mbong 2 halima??”Ike wtf??u don’t like her we get it,so many ppl do,so erat ur brains outh

• telemi August 8, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Am so happy wit d winners…u actors commentin shld b ashamed..sum of us knw u all r actors and musiacians…get a life

• THE AMAKA August 8, 2011 at 6:18 pm

lol, okay, sure. it seems you probably work for city people or maybe juliet or halima. what leading role has Halima done? in all honesty, i have only seen her do low budget movies or she is in some sex scene crazed movie. and the same goes for Ms Ibrahim. is that what we should be awarding? where is Nollywood going to go if we are celebrating mediocrity? in fact, less than mediocrity.

• hamza August 8, 2011 at 3:42 pm

In as much as I don’t support nollywood;I have to say halima was one of the people I didn’t like before because of some roles.But I love her now,and I speak for a lot of her fans dat she has put in 11yrs and deserve dis award..u all should b ashamed of ur selfs 4 being so tribelistic and judgemental

• THE AMAKA August 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm

who mentioned tribe here? are you serious? no one mentioned anything about what part of the country she comes from, and you are bringing that up from what angle? please get a life!

• sasha August 8, 2011 at 7:00 pm

LMAO AMAKA U WONT KILL ME OOO.. I LIKE THE WAY U HAVE ANSWERED THESE JOBLESS PPLE ..AS IN WHAT BROUGHT TRIBE TO THIS NOW.. U FOR CHECK THE MEANING OF TRIBALISTIC B4 U USED THE WORD..HABA..VOICE OF HALIMA AND IBRAHIM..DEM DEY PAY U GUYS SALARY?

• Lil miss sunshine August 8, 2011 at 4:00 pm

chai halima & Juliet ibrahim don suffer, they need all the help to get themselves out of the D-List category.

• uzor August 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Sasha u make me laugh n I just pee peed..avid u said??like really?its one tin not 2 agree wit some tin,but anoda to lie/#mentioning hermovies and sayying she does nt qualify…ur future will tell of ur evil mind..CONGRATS’WIZKID,HALIMA “TIWA

• sasha August 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm

ERRRM WHATS UR POINT? WHERE IS THE LIE.. THOSE MOVIES I MENTIONED’ R THEY GOOD QUALITY MOVIES??it is WELL WITH U OH !

• tomiwa August 8, 2011 at 4:12 pm

i would have loved to laugh if this was funny but WTH were those panel of rubbish thinking how on earth and in naija would an actress as good as Nse not win as in HOW! all i can say is una head no correct for that Village sorry City people

• Uchechi August 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Halima ke, can’t recall seeing her in a lead role, if it was Jenifa I will understand.

• AJCiti August 8, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Great wins, I’m happy for everyone that won. Let’s see who takes the cake next year! I think there are a lot of underrated Nigerian rappers, M.I– watch the throne!

• Ruth August 8, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I am happy for Tiwa.

• T-cubey August 8, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Lyk wtf? Halima Abubakar 4 best actress….dis z rily crackn ♍ƺ up + juliet ibrahim, m sure dos awards were given out of sympathy nt credibility..nd 4 samklef as best producer #confused face# wat happend 2 d odas….City people, we blive u̶̲̥̅̊ can do beta o, Hian!

• judy August 8, 2011 at 5:32 pm

i am happy for halima

• Ihatenonsense August 8, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Useless Awards – any village champion and his crew gather together lately an awards show. This is the most useless awards show for the simple fact they awarded Halima and Juliette Ibrahim. The worst actresses on the continent. What a foolish awards – ig uess its awards for the TALENTLESS. Mtchewwww

• Bachellorette August 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm

This is HUGE JOKE JARE……

• opeyemi August 8, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Tiwa is aii but she definitely did not deserve 2 win female artiste of the year! I mean! Like seriously?? All she has is one song! And a video! No beef but I think Asa would have been better off getting the female musician title or Omawumi. Hiiiissssss! Tiwa my foot!

• honey koko August 8, 2011 at 9:43 pm

City people awards has never been top notch. I think they just sit ard a table n think, “oh, who is yet to get one of our awards o. lets give Halima dis year”.
    Seriously, no one is beefing anybody,its laughable.

• funky August 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Mi love some halimat and ya all gat ya opinions

• coolcat August 8, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I honestly do not know wat genre of music goldie falls into but if MI won for hip hop male, then she sure doesn’t qualify in the female category. Also she has assumed the title of “naija’s lady gaga” and gaga is a POP artist! That being said her cool “videos” definitely deserve recognition.

Very happy for choc boys, wizkid and d rest of ‘em.

To halima, juliet, when u receive so much backlash for an undeserving performance, u shud go back and do a self-appraisal, only then will u improve on ur work. I’m not a home video enthusiast but I have stumbled upon a few with halima and all I saw was short shorts, hideous make up and bad acting. Coincidentally juliet was on africa magic last night and it was pretty much the same case with halima.

I am of the opinion that nominations/awards show that u have excelled in ur craft(for that period) and u are on the right track in developing urself. Now while I support encouraging people to be better, rewarding poor performance is actually a disservice. When ur child fails his exams do u say to him weldone and for this u r going first class to disney world, or do u say u tried but u can do much better, what r ur problem areas? Etc… If the former, u have accepted mediocrity and are ultimately destroying his/her life. In essence city people is misleading these artists and if u think d comments here r derrogatory, wait for reactions to their future works. Even where they r tryin, people will constantly make reference to, and question their awards!

I do luv tiwa but heyyy, if she’s done 2 great songs and 1 video,mayb waje should’ve won , then d likes of kas beats, the prince, olamide, muna, even jimiyke(he too did song na) will say they deserve award!

Just my 2kobo! Hehehehehe

• eloho August 9, 2011 at 12:12 am

LMAO at City People! wharrra mess mehhnn!

• t-gurl August 9, 2011 at 3:08 am

Lmao dis is hilarious wow halima n d ghanian babe.den mbong amata is nt a new actress dis is simply nt a gud work frm city pple sha dey are liars.kudos to wizkid M.I

• jOlA August 20, 2011 at 5:58 am

I’m so happy for Tiwa! a huge congrats..To be honest i dont know why Juliet won, Jackie Appiah deserves it!!!