Emma Nyra: “Iyanya has taught Me a Lot of Things…We’re Not Dating”

Posted on Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 at 1:48 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Iyanya - The Red Sheet Magazine December 2012 - BellaNaija - 03

Emma Nyra and Iyanya are just friends, nothing more.

The rising singer who had a whirlwind 2013; touring cities across the globe, topping a lot of people’s best dressed list and creating buzz about her split from Made Men Music Group, spoke to Vanguard Newspaper about music, dating and style.

Read excerpts from the interview;
On being romantically linked to Iyanya: “Iyanya is not a bad looking person, but I am not dating him we are on the same label. I have known him before the days of Kukere, so if it was a fling or a dating thing I don’t think my career will be as serious as it is.

I am not with Iyanya to date him. Iyanya has helped me in the studio, he is an R&B singer,I am also an R&B singer. He thought me to change my style of music to suit the Nigerian market. He has taught me a lot of things. We are not dating , people can be friends without dating.”

On her relationship status: “No, I am not in a relationship. Music is my everything. It’s not that I am not interested, but right now, I am not dating any one.”

On her sexiest body part: “My legs, usually if you see my performance outfit the most comment I get is that ’Oh we like your legs”

On the craziest thing a fan has done for her: “Everyday I get Facebook messages that are out of this world , if I put them out people will be like Emma is wicked .I get a lot of inappropriate messages. Even this morning I got an inappropriate message on Instragram , I can’t even tell you what the person said. I don’t mind reading inappropriate messages but the one that makes me sad is when you read a blog and somebody doesn’t respect the music that you do or have bad opinions about you which comes everyday as well.”

On her contract with MMMG: “The true story is that I am still with Triple MG. There was a time when I was not with them, that was the time when my contract was up , so when I did the interview with the lady she asked me a question; Are you with them’? I now told her fully that I am waiting for my contract to lapse, but what she did was that she edited the video and after then I saw a blog post that made it look like I said what I didn’t say. So I am still with MMMG.”

On her celebrity crush: “I always say Terry G. I like people who are their own person. He does his own thing, his own sound.”

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 10 Comments on “Emma Nyra: “Iyanya has taught Me a Lot of Things…We’re Not Dating””

Comments
    • paul January 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Why hasn’t Iyanya taught her how to sing? She keeps giving useless interviews without substance constantly using Iyanya for attention!

• missy J January 28, 2014 at 3:34 PM

You know what Paul?
        I was once like you who thought she couldn’t sing to save her life until I watched a clip of her and that cleared my doubt. So right now I’ll bring you out from that rock you’ve been living in(rock of ignorance) watch this …youtube.com/watch?v=9IbA_TGQGDg

• Houston Bey January 28, 2014 at 8:10 PM

LOOOOOL Missy J, are you serious? Those wack raps and terrible bum notes she was hitting. This chick can’t sing, its a shame that Iyanya is so in love with her its made him deaf and blind to the fact that she lacks talent!

• David January 28, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Nearly 50% of the people who saw this Tim Westwood video disliked it! Lmao

• Hot sumtyn January 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM

It’s not about singing. In Nigeria knowing how to sing doesn’t get you anything, you have to be an entertainer. She might have a great voice but her music is just bleh, once the song is over you can’t remember what it was about. She should beg Iyanya to show her the way because I only know her from these interviews and those ankara shorts she wears nothing else.

• s.t January 29, 2014 at 2:43 AM

OMO!!! the babe get voice o….i just watched it

• sam January 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM

gud 4 them

samuelohis.blogspot.com

• Me January 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Same old same, yawns !!!

• nwa babii January 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM

she’s a pretty girl

• Chiamaka Daisy January 29, 2014 at 5:27 AM

She lacks the WOW factor.