Viola Davis’ 3rd Wedding After 13 Successful Years of Marriage

The Emmy Award winning star of  How to Get Away with Murder Viola Davis, 50, got married a month ago – again!

Her marriage vows with husband Julius Tennon, 62 on February 13th were in front of an intimate group of friends in California. She told InStyle Magazine,

“I wanted an experience of feeling alive,”.

“There’s no better way to feel what life is truly about than the birth of a child and getting married to someone you love—really love. It’s a reminder. A wake up. My career is about success but my marriage and my life is about significance” she said.

Viola Davis_2016 wedding_bellanaija 2Viola Davis_2016 wedding_bellanaijaStarring as cover girl for the January issue of InStyle, she told them that she had originally worn a simple skirt from Express in 2003 when she first got married to Tennon, and a more traditional look several years later when they renewed their vows for the first time.

For their third vow exchange in February, nearly 13 years after their original ceremony, she chose a silk design embroidered dress with geranium-like petals and glass bugle beads custom-made by designer Carmen Marc Valvo.

“This dress shape fits my body type the best,”- Her reason for gravitating towards the design.

Viola Davis_2016 wedding_bellanaija 4“It accentuates my waist. It’s dramatic, timeless, and romantic. I wanted something that made a statement when I walked in the room but also that didn’t look like I was trying too hard.

Her daughter, Genesis, also wore a custom look by the designer for their big day.

In attendance were Oprah, Gayle King and more.

23 Comments on Viola Davis’ 3rd Wedding After 13 Successful Years of Marriage
  • Tosin March 20, 2016 at 6:29 pm

which one is successful, is e a work?

• Yes oh March 20, 2016 at 7:51 pm

Haba Tosin, it’s real work o, don’t you know?

• Kiiki March 20, 2016 at 6:41 pm

My love and admiration for this woman knows no bounds! Kai! ?????

If you haven’t seen “How to get away with Murder” then you are missing out on the genius that is Viola!!! One of the few authentic actresses of her time. ??????

• idomagirl March 21, 2016 at 6:46 pm

The season finale had me on the floor! My edges were snatched!
      That scene with her mother, “his name was Sam” ??????????

• Apples March 20, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Aww!!!! Lovely!

• Lady b March 20, 2016 at 7:03 pm

A.k.a .Analise k ???? she is the Olivia Pope of how to get away with murder. Mrs fix it ?

• TM David-West March 20, 2016 at 7:15 pm

I love the dress!

• zee March 20, 2016 at 7:26 pm

With all d divorce stories flying up and down, its good to see another couple enjoying der marriage!!! Congrats viola…..yu really kick ass in HTGAWM!!

• Jasmine March 20, 2016 at 7:53 pm

Annalise kating!!!! Best actor ever after Angelina Jolie

• h,mm March 20, 2016 at 8:34 pm

Hey BN! Please modify the title, so it’s clear that its been 3 marriage vow renewals, not marriages.

• Too March 20, 2016 at 9:24 pm

I was confused too…it’s the same husband! Beautiful

• Fashionista March 20, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I agree. It is not a very clear title.

• Tomi March 20, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Thanks for sharing Bella. Seen many comments on marriages that go down the drain and some have decided not to get married due to increase in the rate of divorce. We have a different story here and this is beautiful.

• Mabel March 21, 2016 at 3:12 am

It’s great when your love is still enduring that you are happy to renew your vows. I wonder how many currently married ppl would marry their spouse over again if they had to live their life over.

• FinchleysFinest March 21, 2016 at 9:16 am

I’ll do this as well. sweet

• Middle Girl March 21, 2016 at 9:47 am

Awww. So happy for her. and that dress…. is beyond b-e-a-u-t-I-f-u-l ?

By the way, Looking for a practical and interesting Christian blog? Here you go
    diaryofmsgenesis.com/theres-some-good-in-you/

• Oluwaseunfunmi March 21, 2016 at 10:20 am

I just love this woman..

• Ariere March 21, 2016 at 11:53 am

The best actress working today. No one touches Viola Davis except Meryl Streep.

• M& March 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm

I agree with misleading headline. Lovely dresses and keep working on that marriage 🙂

BTW, is it my eyes…where’s the little girl’s leg?

• Adaugo March 23, 2016 at 10:35 am

Look more closely…she raised it. Part of posing i guess lol

• Fairy GodSister March 22, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Three marriage vow renewals. Not three weddings. Dear Bella Naija…. sigh…

• Adaugo March 23, 2016 at 10:37 am

#TeamProfessorAnnaliseKeating #Mgbenile Congrats! Lines shall continue to fall for you in pleasant places

• peju August 8, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Didnt even know she was married…