News

Van Vicker…Sizzling HOT on the rocks for What’s New Mag

BellaNaija.com

We are BACK and we are playing catch-up. So sorry for the unexpected hiatus but we at BN are back with a BANG. You can expect loads of updates over the next few dates. Some things you might have spotted elsewhere but with our unique BN spin. Some completely EXCLUSIVE to Bella Naija.
What better way to kick things off than with Ghanaian Nollywood actor, Van Vicker. He is gracing the cover of the latest edition of What’s New Magazine. The last time we featured a What’s New cover, it generated unprecedented furor and debate. Click HERE for the scoop. Lets see what happens this time!
van-vicker-whats-new-cover-bella-naijaIn this edition, you will find stories and fascinating interviews from Nollywood practitioners including Ego Boyo, Kunle Afolayan, Stella Damasus and a very remarkable memoire from Rita Dominic. In addition to that, you will also find articles on Nollywood and other interesting feature stories from our contributors. In each edition, What’s New also features exciting interviews, up-coming events, movie reviews, music reviews, restaurant reviews, book reviews, nightlife, technology, travel, maps and listings of over 300 addresses.
Van Vicker was photographed @ Tarkwa Bay by Kelechi Amadi Obi
Designer: Okunoren Twins
Creative Consultant: Latifah Adams
Photo Credit: What’s New & Face Front Concepts
Check out some more behind-the-scenes  shots from the shoot! van-vicker-whats-new-cover-bella-naija2van-vicker-whats-new-cover-bella-naija3van-vicker-whats-new-cover-bella-naija4Van is one of the Nollywood actors who have been chosen as Glo Ambassadors. BN can exclusively reveal that he will be taking a break from acting this summer to take some courses in film school. He will also be premiering his second film as a Producer and director in cities across US and Europe. The name of the movie is Raj. Watch Out!

1. plastiQ

July 9, 2009 at 8:36 pm

That cover picture ‘coulda’ been a great picture. Maybe even a collectors item…if, and only if the photographer had put some work into taking the shot. I mean, they were at the beach…abundant sunlight and all…You can’t go wrong with that.

But they did. Sighs*

2. comment

July 9, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Van is one of the Nollywood actors who have been chosen as Glo Ambassadors.– Nollywood actors?!!? Get a grip will ya!

3. tom crown

July 9, 2009 at 10:05 pm

i agree. it could have been better but its not bad. pls check this out & leave a comment. http://atsworld.wordpress.com/

4. plomo

July 9, 2009 at 11:50 pm

is he nigerian?

5. Bola

July 10, 2009 at 6:20 am

Van Vicker is Ghanian, he does movies in both Ghollywood and Nollywood industries. Talented piece. He’s married too and has kids.

6. Nneka

July 10, 2009 at 7:03 am

no. he is from ghana. but I’ve always wondered if he is mixed raced. Darn! He is hot…..and (un)fortunately long hooked, with 2 kids I hear. Someone get me some tissue *snif*

7. Nneka

July 10, 2009 at 7:06 am

I definitely agree. My first thought was ” cover what???” Seem like the open buttons were a last (albeit, fatal) attempt at a redeemable shot. But that foina boy face still has me grinning in shortlived glee. ha!

8. leila

July 10, 2009 at 7:28 am

Hot. Cant say more

9. Gbo Gbo Bigz Girls

July 10, 2009 at 10:27 am

The photographer is one if not the best in the country…not his fault the editor chose a shabby picture to put on the cover. That being said VAN is va va va vooooooom!!!!

10. Gamgam

July 10, 2009 at 11:35 pm

i dunno, nothing attracts me to him.hes kinda blah :/ *pref* and the cover doesnt work at all.

11. Sugabelly

July 11, 2009 at 4:32 am

omg. What is Ghollywood?

12. Tallchic

July 11, 2009 at 4:41 am

I personally think he can’t act, has no neck and feels like he is too hot….the photoshoot seemed contrived to me. Not the fault of the photographer, it doesnt help that your subject’s arrogance translates through the lens. Sha, I’m just joking, the concept was good, but i do agree a better pic could have been chosen for the cover. Plus, finer boys dey naija….

13. Melly

July 11, 2009 at 4:58 am

wow he got more buff. not into that too much, but he is a great african actor and that always draws me to him. can’t wait for his movie “Raj”

14. chayo

July 11, 2009 at 9:13 am

abeg, help me ask, wonders shall never end!

15. Ewa

July 11, 2009 at 3:40 pm

GHOLLYWOOD is Ghana’s Hollywood, just like Nollywood is Naija’s Hollywood 🙂

16. taiwo

July 12, 2009 at 1:10 am

van vicker is so hot and i feel like kissing his hot lips,damn he got a wife.

17. bold

July 12, 2009 at 5:28 am

i understand what some of u are saying. it had potential. its not a disaster though… tom crown i checked out http://atsworld.wordpress.com/ its sick! i know some very well dressed people. how do they get their pictures on it?

18. plastiQ

July 13, 2009 at 10:31 am

You said the photographer is one of the best in the country? which country? I’m sure you are not talking about Nigeria. If all the pictures were dope to start with, the editor woulda had a whole lot to choose from. What’s the photographer’s name by the way?

19. Dro

July 13, 2009 at 11:05 am

somebodi beta tell plastiQ the photographer’s name o and may I add if what’s new wants hot pictures – PlastiQ is the guy to meet, take my word :). The issue was quite a read.

20. jelo

July 13, 2009 at 11:49 am

The pictures placed here are not the pictures used by in the magazine and were just pics taken with an amateur camera on the set of the shoot. Get a copy to see the main pics inside, you’ll love it. the pics you are seeing here are not Kelechi’s pictures.

21. Kpakpando Nwanyi

July 13, 2009 at 12:55 pm

What???!!! No backlash for having a biracial non-Nigerian on the cover this time around?
    Gosh so Van Vicker is sooo painful to watch on the screen, the guy might get lost acting his way out of a paper bag, but that second shot makes it kinda worth it, can I say yum?

22. olofofo

July 13, 2009 at 1:19 pm

abi you want backlash?

23. Bola

July 13, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Photgrapher is Kelechi Amadi-Obi. He’s tops in Nigeria. He does model, celebrity, and company promo shoots.
    Simply go his website to see why:

Enjoy!

24. plastiQ

July 13, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I know of Kelechi Amadi Obi’s works and I respect him as a seasoned photographer. I’m a growing photography enthusiast and if Kelechi took those shots and allowed the editor to use them at all…then I don’t want a part of what he must be smoking.

I doubt if he took these pictures, maybe he used one of his beginner apprentices. Check his website…see his works so you’ll understand what I mean. Haba ! This is a shoddy job. Ngwannu

25. jelo

July 14, 2009 at 12:12 pm

The pictures featured on this website asides the cover is not kelechi’s pictures. these are pictures that were taken by somoene on the set, these are not kelechi’s pics. I wonder why Bella would publish these pictures. Poeple will surely think these are Kelechi’s pics and that they were used in the magazine.

26. Gamgam

July 14, 2009 at 2:57 pm

im surprised too ooo! isnt there no leading Nigerian actor whose forefathers never crossed the borders of Umuola.

27. tom crown

July 15, 2009 at 2:58 am

thank u! um all they have to do is send their info to [email protected]. by info i mean, description of their style, their names of course, & pictures. its that simple! …we are actually in the process of tryin to decide who to feature in the next “dope kid” post so let your friends know soon!!

28. lu aj

July 28, 2009 at 7:53 am

hmmm, i dont know, the cover just looks kinda dull. i hope in real life it looks more vibrant .

29. chika chris

August 13, 2009 at 3:52 pm

van is to me, the hottest nollywood act at the moment.

30. chipssy

September 6, 2009 at 1:25 am

i love you babe

31. Millie

October 9, 2009 at 11:16 pm

Omg, ths guy has got it goin on! Man, love him to bits.
    Taiwo if you kiss(in your dreams) him, plz dont tell. I might hang myself cz of jealousy.lol. Well am proud of Van,he’s done pretty well for himself alrdy, you gotta agree wth that now!

32. Godswill

October 14, 2009 at 7:21 pm

yeh dude wats poppin i see ya on some blog spots ur makin a big niche 4 urself wen u enter USA contact me via email ama send u nice stuffs online 2 grease ur effort on ur acting career especially as u’ve located urself wit my country Nigeria.bye lol

33. christine

November 13, 2009 at 7:20 am

i am so in love with you.
    i live here in los angeles i am from ethiopia .lol

34. Mireye byamasu

November 25, 2009 at 8:18 am

van u are so hot ohhhh.when i saw ur picture i fainted coz ur soo hot.,

35. Ibk

December 3, 2009 at 11:49 am

Hope u are alive and breathing?

36. cherry Corely

December 30, 2009 at 2:33 am

OMG! He is cute. No matter what. Abi, take a good look at him na

37. cherry Corely

December 30, 2009 at 2:34 am

HAhahah. Hope so too.

38. Stephanie love

December 30, 2009 at 2:36 am

i like all the picture

39. Stephanie love

December 30, 2009 at 10:47 am

van is to me he is my husband to be in the next five years

40. otuedon laju

August 13, 2010 at 2:44 am

man you are cool

41. nany

October 6, 2010 at 9:54 pm

van vicker is the sexiest man alive and on earth

• kabelo

December 3, 2010 at 11:38 am

no there is too many to mention

42. MiMi

October 16, 2010 at 12:10 pm

his dad is Dutch ! 😀

43. naty

April 4, 2011 at 2:23 pm

van vickeer this my number 077790456789 call me yours anytime

44. Robert Key

September 17, 2014 at 9:14 am

Van Vicker has really made Ghana proud, now he is also debuting in Hollywood which is a big achievement and will make the western media and people know about Ghana. I really hope all the best of luck for his Hollywood journey.