Events

Diamond Inc hosts debut event – “Pink Loves Purple”

BellaNaija.com

On the 31st of October 2010, Diamond Inc, a new PR, Marketing & Events Management company celebrated their launch with an event tagged “Pink Loves Purple”.

Diamond Inc is the brainchild of four young women; Dabota Lawson, Adenike Margaret Balogun, Karen Eloke Young & Ibiere Amaso. They believe that their educational qualifications and career experience in a diverse range of fields including law, accounting, computer science and marketing will enable them deliver outstanding service to their clients.

The event which was sponsored by brands including Christian Audigier and Body Shop Nigeria took place at Club 10 in Lagos. The event featured various segments including a lingerie catwalk show by CS Stores and a mini runway show by Rouge Couture & Jacinth Couture. The DJ for the event was DJ Sparrow and artistes including Kas, MM, Jaebaz and poet Sage Hasson performed at the “Pink Loves Purple” event.

Dabota Lawson

Karen Young

Adenike Balogun

Preye Abule

Yvonne Nwosu & Ugonna Omeruo

Jay Jay Okocha & Dabota Lawson

[nggallery id=249]

1. Ms. Jayee

November 20, 2010 at 12:27 pm

Aint no parry like a Lagos parry! #copythat!

2. Mary

November 20, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Is there a Body Shop in Nigeria? If yes, where?

• jia

November 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm

i know theres one in ikota vgc, not sure if they have another outlet anywhere else.

• Funkylicious

November 20, 2010 at 2:51 pm

There’s body shop in Ikota, Aja

• olubunmi

November 21, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I know there’s one at ikota shopping complex Ajah

3. Objective viewer

November 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Nice!!! Lagos is just the happening place.You guys rock!!!

4. teefs

November 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Love Karen Young’s dress and shoes! Gosh Naija women r 2 fashionable! LOVES IT

5. Peperempe

November 20, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Olisa , Olisa, Olisaaa! Do you want me to drink acid for you? Eh? This man went to school with my mum oh! SMH

Most of the other people at the event looked nice and happy. It looked like a good time was had by all!

By the way, why is there always a fashion show at every event these days? They’ll soon start doing fashion shows before sunday services/mass. It just occured to me that it’s already happening ; if u attend Church of the Assumption Ikoyi, I’m sure you’ve noticed that holy communion/ 2nd collection/ thanksgiving processions will beat any fashion show in Paris ( 11a.m. mass oh, the women need time to paint). You guys should check it out, I miss Lagos.

• mariaah

November 20, 2010 at 2:21 pm

As in pray for him.. Na only that shirt this man get??What’s with the bandage/Alfa cap??Ahhn!he should nt say he has many of it cos its nt such a special shirt that one ll like sooo much and buy plenty abeg!!

• Ginika

November 22, 2010 at 9:26 am

As in, mehn… I am just tired o!!! seems like he has an unlimited supply of those printed tops and the same kind of jeans. I didnt even know when I said out loud ” what is this now? ” He now even decided to match it with a durag. As in a DURAG?!!! sigh… I guess whatever makes him happy. Who are we to talk right?!

• Temiloluwa Adebayo

November 20, 2010 at 2:29 pm

hahhhaaa Peperempe you are too funny. Afi fashion show in church na. Lol. Well, I won’t be surprised sha.

• Peperempe

November 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Just pop in for the 11 a.m mass one Sunday and you’ll see what I mean. Even down to the Naomi walk, the ladies take it very seriously oh.

• lol

November 20, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Olisa………….lol

• NFATA

November 21, 2010 at 4:02 am

haha i go to that church and i know what u mean. my mum is like, if i see u dressed like those girls, no rice for u…lol..most of my friends do it..seriously church is now like fashion capital..

• fokasibe

November 22, 2010 at 3:47 pm

AAhhhh!!! You took the words out of my mouth abi na typed right outta my fingerssssss…Kai…*LET US PRAY*

• omada

December 2, 2010 at 9:27 pm

@ perempe you got it! 11 am mass at that church is something else! gosh! Nigerians sha.

6. Akpevwe

November 20, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Congrats Dabs.a milestone 4u

7. John

November 20, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Is any real work getting done in Nigeria anymore this days? It seems as if everywhere you look, young people are having a great deal of fun!! Our parents warned us about the dangers of pursuing entertainment as a career. That advice appears to have been ignored by the younger generation. Very scary. Very scary indeed!! We as a nation weren’t doing much to begin with.

8. Temiloluwa Adebayo

November 20, 2010 at 2:31 pm

I’m really inspired when I see people go into their own business. I honestly think it is the way forward. There’s always a limit you can attain in life whilst working for someone. Nice on ladies!

9. olori

November 20, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Love everyone’s outfit

10. osiko

November 20, 2010 at 5:28 pm

nothing like beauty and brains
    Go Gurlz!!!

11. Kilonsparkles

November 20, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I’ll like that Olisa’s addy so I can mail him a nice button up shirt.
    Ladies were looking hot.

12. above

November 20, 2010 at 5:57 pm

wow olisa… smh
    im tired of seeing some “dress-styles”

13. Anonymous

November 20, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Happy for u dabota,i no uv always wanted to be in the spotlight.and ur really pretty

14. dolamu

November 20, 2010 at 7:56 pm

all in the name of Attention if you ask me jack of all trade,master of ( )

15. Demilade

November 20, 2010 at 8:08 pm

IB AMASO LOOKING FINNNEEE

YES KE

16. Miz cee

November 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm

big ups to ma girl i.b looking chic babes well done

17. judith

November 20, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Thank God all d trust fund kids are now becoming business pple. With this, they can leave normal employment for “poor” pple and there will b money circulating in the system. My two cents

18. lagozbabez

November 20, 2010 at 10:16 pm

@peperempe….so true i went to mass at assumption when i landed in lagos from yankee.yepa omo fashion show is too small to describe the louboutins , gucci and D&G dresses n shoes i saw….lol i was thanking God that i too dressed to kill ooo…omo intimidation was on the rise lol

• shade

November 21, 2010 at 12:01 am

Why would anyone ever be intimated? Second of all it’s the house of God, not a fashion show (not saying there’s anything wrong in dressing nice to church but that should not be what our minds/hearts are focused on). Sigh. I tire for us sometimes. God help us.

• beezy

November 21, 2010 at 12:05 am

@lagozbabez….. I dont even know which part of your comment makes me laff more….that you “landed gidi from yankee” or that you too was “dressed to kill” ….smh..
      *btw the laff is more of a snort/scoff*

• FM

November 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm

thnk u beezy,as in God bless u for dis reply,i cnt evn describe d look on my face as i read her comment lmaooo smh…

19. bambii

November 20, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I have a question, and it’s not being a ‘hater’, but how successful are these new events/entertainment/fashion businesses we see regularly in Bella, Knowing a lot of people seems to be part of their business strategy? I notice this is the trend of most new businesses featured. Are people just using it as a means to be famous?
    Someone was talking to me about setting up a business in lagos, not to be rich but to be popular in town, as people would call me by my business name *blank stare*

20. MuchLove

November 20, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I gotta say I’m so impressed with these ladies, you know doing their thang and all but I wish more of our youth would go into science related fields, but I guess it’s personal taste. There just seems to be too many entertainers lately

• missy~spectacularrr

November 23, 2010 at 8:33 am

babes u took the words outta ma mouth!

21. Sara

November 20, 2010 at 11:04 pm

WHO IS THIS PREYE PLS, SERIOUSLY!!!!? HOLDING A GLASS OF WINE ONN A RED CARPEY!!!? BIG BIG FASHION NO NO!!! AND THEY WILL LIKE Y’ALL TO BELIEVE THEY ARE CLASSY AND ‘VERY’ EDUCATED.. NEXT!

• shade

November 21, 2010 at 12:05 am

Okay seriously, how does this affect the price of rice & chicken in Alade market? Gosh. Why do we take panadol for other people’s headache(s)? If she wants let her carry a bottle of champagne on the red carpet, it’s her wahala. Kai.

PS: some of these fashion “rules” = tres lame.

• mary007

November 21, 2010 at 3:27 am

what exactly are you saying??? It seems to me you are just jealous , your statement makes no sense

22. @chizoba

November 20, 2010 at 11:15 pm

Lovley event everyone looked fab and stylish.. 😀

23. herty

November 21, 2010 at 12:16 am

if you dig deep then you will understand this event is pointless,having a so called business in lagos is some ppls new claim to fame,all of the running for 9-5 work

24. Bee

November 21, 2010 at 12:36 am

Diamond Inc isn’t just about entertainment. We’re into events and exhibitions organisation, Public Relations, media promotions and image consulting. Thank you @Demilade and @MissCee. Miss you guys. At everyone else, give us a holler so we can surprise you with world-class service..

25. e-Bukun

November 21, 2010 at 12:39 am

Olisa..why why? ehn…somebody needs to hit the gym and cut down on ’em sweets

• Peperempe

November 21, 2010 at 10:12 am

Gym ke! We have to take the matter small small oh. At least we go change the shirt first, then we can start to talk of gym matter.

26. amaka

November 21, 2010 at 3:34 am

i think these girls have done well for themselves .. you hardly see girls in lagos doing anything other than following aristo.

27. anonymous

November 21, 2010 at 3:44 am

@much love so if u don’t tell us u landed from yankee d story won’t be complete?some of u are just so boastful.I wonder y.hiss

28. shopacholic

November 21, 2010 at 8:52 am

seriously….y are people just sad and pathetic…so if the babe or guy mentioned yankee henceforth he or she is boasting abi? and why wont people dress to kill to see BABA GOD….church assumption is a parish that majority of the parishoners are well dressed because they choose to…NAWA oooo…..plus which one is aristo’s lol at Amaka..babez am rolling on my floor. but come maybe some have thier own money nah!!!lol again maybe not and na borrow dey go borrow..

29. charles

November 21, 2010 at 2:57 pm

How did yankee relate to that story???

30. nikkyb

November 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Thanks y’all for all the lovely comments. Very encouraging. However always remember to refer us for all ur 1st class events. Both corporate and casual. Diamond inc is here to cater to u. Its world class services. Keep watching dis space. Bella 9ja rocks

31. amaka

November 21, 2010 at 3:37 pm

HEY! HEY!! HEY!! ….ppl wake up !!! we are missing the point here!!! arent we supposed to be commenting on photos and learning about new stuff.. whats all this fashion in church, and crap you guys are talking about…. seriously youre all sucking the fun out of this.. each and everyone of this girls are graduates and apparently two are ex beauty queens one is a lawyer and the other has been working your so called 9_5 ,and yes the other is apparently doing a master.. they are just trying to create a platform for young people to be able to come together and share idea and display thier work. alot of you didnt know there was a body shop in nija now you know. now you knw there is a lingerie shop in nigeria, and good designers..whats all this crap and rants . who really enjoys being in traffic almost everyday of the to be given peanuts at the end of the month. everyone in the world wants to be independent business owners. you all want to be MD’S and wish you can tell your bosses off//sciences pssh tell that to beyonce and jigga flying thier private jets around the world..afterall we have celebrity doctor on 90210, would you now say they are not good at thier job.. choices choices my friend.. bella naija is creating this entertainment for you ..i bet she got a lot of sticks when she started look where is she now , “on oprah” n known world wide.. Nigerian sure know how to be comical about everything.. smdfh..

• **sideeye**

November 22, 2010 at 8:58 am

Bless you for this Amaka. Choices, choices, choices people, get with it. The bible says “The GIFT of a man makes way for him and stands him before kings”

32. tatafo!

November 21, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Abeg it’s not today they started dressing to kill at Church of Assumption. It has been that way since the 80’s and 90’s.

33. slenderchic

November 21, 2010 at 4:37 pm

<__> Olisa…bet why?!!! LOL that u guys started ur comments with Body shop, i dont see the link with diamond inc. proud of my girl Karen but i think she should focus on finishing her book. i looked at the picture of all four of them “CEOs”,it didnt make sense until i put my hand over the her part on my screen.In otherwords go get Platinum around ur diamond Kayza!!!

34. Ijé

November 22, 2010 at 12:59 am

These people look pretty good. But all these weaves are killing me. Is it a crime to show your real hair?

35. :-D

November 22, 2010 at 2:07 am

kaweeeeennnnnnnnn!!! im so happy to see this! you go girl! get them! haters fall back 😀

36. Hautness4sure

November 22, 2010 at 5:06 am

I wish them all the best of luck. Hopefully they here to stay and have concrete business plans. A launch does not make for a solid scalable business. I hope it was a useful, networking night for the the CEOs, if not it was just unnecessary expenditure.
    They look lovely.
    BN I am sure they are other entrepreneurial activities going on in Nigeria besides the numerous fashion and Pr and event planning gigs. Where are the people in photography,other bloggers, graphic and web design, the up and coming actors and actresses, the young guys and ladies in oil, people in banking et al (just a couple of examples). Thanks for all your effort thus far though. xx

• mazi

December 2, 2010 at 11:12 pm

seriously, who made you the accessing team of bella naija. where are the others? y do you not go and search for them and give us the info, kmt. dnt blame you, its idleneess. they give you something free and you ask 4 extras. y cant you just appreciate what is being done.
      and as 4 you comment about the new enterprenurs, seriously, if thats not hating i do not know what is. y cant you just wish them luck.
      anyways i hope you are a very successful person coz if not, its a shame

37. Hautness4sure

November 22, 2010 at 5:07 am

excuse my mistakes above..

38. Sshh

November 22, 2010 at 7:34 am

There is one on awolowo road, where you could find some bodyshop products.

39. Ms. Jayee

November 22, 2010 at 8:57 am

Olaotan Towry Coker!!!!! hawt..hawt..hawt!!!!

40. koa006

November 22, 2010 at 9:22 am

olisa, ok seriously…you need to stop this multi-colured blinding shirt thingy going on. it’s not cool, it’s not cute and yes it distorts my sight!!!!..eh? biko…i am begging…

41. didi

November 22, 2010 at 9:59 am

IB…..doin ur thang…PR….Lookin fab btw…..miss ya loads !!!

42. Moneymaker

November 22, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I must say this Karen Young chic is stunning!! Luv her outfit,very simple and elegant. Naija babes are doing good. Keep it up!

43. brendz

November 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm

@k0a006,ur being nice to olisa by decribing the top as multi coloured bligy………..the thing is called salad!!!!! i bought the longer versions( tunics…to be a tush girl) in lagos island…and the girls said they call it salad…one with rubber(elastic gathers at the waist) and without…….lmao(i am cracking my self up!!!)

44. bulletfire

November 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm

lovely pictures the models all look hawt!! forget miami, lagos for life..you gotta be kidding me all these hot girls in one spot!!

45. jide

November 22, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Nice when is the next event?

46. anoymous

November 22, 2010 at 3:33 pm

hmm this Dabota girl is not bad at all.. where is she from? someone tell me if she’s single??? i’ll check back for answerS… HELP A BROTHER !!!

47. Fatima

November 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm

nice ! mi likey…… BN keep it up

48. Fatima

November 22, 2010 at 6:56 pm

@Hautness4sure IF YOU CLICK ON ” HOME” AND CLICK ON “CAREER” YOU SHOULD FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR!!! (ROLLING EYES) .. GO and Tell that to E! tell them to stop showing keeping up with the kardashian…. or berra still you can like to start your own blog!! you just come on here and think you can tell people that have been working hard on a blog to do the what u like…isnt it what sells thats out thur… BN KEEP IT UP HONEY.. THIS IS REAL ENTERTAINMENT ON HERE .. *now moving on to the SMVA article*

49. Nickharter Orbe

November 22, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Karen Young looks lovely in her dress and she looks beautiful.I love the design and i really wish that could have one of this because i wanted to give this in my wife.

50. keira

November 22, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Omg! Chichi is such a fab designer! Go rouge vallari!!!! Btw,I’m ordering that pink blazer u hav on! Go girl!

51. Moneymaker

November 22, 2010 at 10:37 pm

@nickharte: I agree with you, Karen is beautiful. Please is she single? I want to marry her

52. britico

November 22, 2010 at 10:52 pm

All these social climbers launching useless events to be relevant in the naija social circle. Very old!

53. dayo lawal

November 24, 2010 at 12:44 am

nice event i must say and i am proud to see young women taking the bull by the horn to come up with such a nice event, can we have numbers or the website link so as to gain access to the services of the company, most people looked nice, big ups i must say, so many cute ladies there too………i like the girl in the demin skirt holding the mic, different and chic…..your comments can be quite hilarious on BN, keep up the good job!

54. e-bukun

February 2, 2011 at 7:16 am

Peperempe

ha ha ha….You make an excellent point.