Style

It’s All About Kemkemstudio – Week 3 of Toni Tones’ “Support Nigerian Fashion” Photography Experience

BellaNaija.com

A few weeks ago, we kicked off a 5 week photographic journey spearheaded by Toni Tones Photography‘s “Support Nigerian Fashion” campaign.

The purpose of the series is to spotlight emerging Nigerian designers and promote our emerging fashion industry.
Week 3 of the photographic journey features Nigerian designer – Kemkemstudio which is headed by Kemmy Solomon.
The chiffon tie-dye flapper dress by Kemkemstudio is an excellent ‘fusion’ piece. Blending Nigerian tie-dye with chiffon and then using that to create a flapper look inspired by the roaring 1920s.

For more photos from the spread and additional details on the campaign – log on to http://tonitonesng.wordpress.com/

Credits
Phototgraphy: Obi Somto
Photos Editing: Toni Tones
Makeup: Seun Omisesan
Hair: Ola

1. jonzing girl

February 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

why do i get the feeling this toni tones is trying to hard to belong ish…lovely dress from kemkem studio but another curvier woman should have been used.Please stick to being behind the camera….NEXT

• jennietobbie

February 17, 2011 at 6:22 pm

wow! Calm down now.

• Faith

February 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Belong where Jonzing girl???? why can’t you just let people do that which they are called to be without criticizing them.. Jeez.. appreciate and keep the negative energy and comments to yourself.

• Ib

February 22, 2011 at 8:46 am

But jonzing girl has a point,d same way u do…dont let sentiments get in the way

2. adora

February 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Ooohhh la! La! Love it! The dress is rocking and Toni Tones looks smoking hot in it. 2nd pic is my best 1

3. sade

February 17, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Very nice

4. shakebodi

February 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm

That dress, I need it

5. file

February 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Lol @ jonzing girl, I hope you’re being paid well for your hater work. I personally would have preferred the top half of the dress in black, but then I’m more low key and bright colours attract too much attention for me, never the less its a lovely dress and would like to see more from kem kem studios, will check out the other kem kem links underneath.

6. Ms. Sassy eyes

February 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Kai jonzing girl you wicked sha lol.

Its a good thing when a woman appreciates herself and I think that comes through in the photos. nice job Toni.

7. TK

February 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Was actually wondering when the next one would be out you know, cause there was none last week. I think this is my favourite one from the campaign so far, I love the colours and how she’s all smiles.

8. Moving on

February 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Jonzing girl u’ve quiet aptly named yourself, the bitterness shines right through!!! LOL

Lovely spread the dress and Toni look awesome !!!
    Lovely work from Kem Kem

9. foolish talk

February 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm

OMG… Am I a hater too for agreeing with Jonzing girlll that 2nd pic was much lol. I also feel she shld be behind the camera. It Seems very ALL ABOUT ME ME ME ME ME… LOL

10. Toriola

February 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Lol..i am actually with Jonzing girl here. I feel Toni Tones is really really trying to market herself. Now my question is “what is she marketing” i mean she is ok looking just like msot of . I don’t see what she brings that makes her stand out. I’ ve seen way more photogenic women…i don’t think she is the best pick to sell these “fashion”

11. Lady Gaga/French Niara

February 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm

cute

12. sandy

February 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Love it …. pictures are awesome….

13. preacher's son

February 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm

People sha, never want to see the big picture, whether you like it or not, this post has done its job, if you didnt know Kem Kem studios existed before, now you know, if you didnt know ToniTone photography existed before, now you know. job done. shikena. I for one, I gbadun the pictures. nize
    I’m also guessing head ties are back now since every single girl I see these days is khacking one.

• Miss Face

February 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Good! Cos was at the tip of my tongue to ask- Who is she? (Toni tone that is)

14. Jaiye

February 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm

sweet!

15. Modern tote

February 17, 2011 at 3:58 pm

This is lovely. love the flapper dress. Well done kem kem studios

16. MissMe

February 17, 2011 at 4:04 pm

ok legit question, no cheekiness intended, what’s the point of this particular photoshoot, like why?

• Moving on

February 17, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Ok legit answer, no cheekiness intended, its to promote Nigerian Fashion like it says on the bottom of the picture 😀

• MissMe

February 22, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Merci Beaucoup for the so not cheeky reply 🙂

17. Airbrushing is a sin

February 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm

lol! They’ve Airbrushed her legs die! as in!..In reality they are horribly spotty….she has very bad skin..eek!

• Sincere

February 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

Sorry but why so personal, na fight???

18. jonzing girl

February 17, 2011 at 5:19 pm

i know you all are toni tones’s friends.ok maybe it came out abit too harsh..but what exactly is she promoting?okay if you say she wants to help promote nigerian fashion. I dont see kemkem studio’s address or website after the so called shoot..am i supposed to send an email to bella to locate the designer?I thought not..There u go..any right thinking designer shouldnt give this toni woman clothes because she promoting herself. shikena.Not bad to promote yourself oh..just dont deceive us women folk smh

• Favoured

February 17, 2011 at 5:42 pm

BN can you please add the KemKem link…..Thanks

• Faith

February 17, 2011 at 8:24 pm

The way I see it. This chick Toni has figured out a way to find her passion or what she enjoys doing… hate her or love her.. she is doing her, and guess what? It works…cause you definitely know her now. BOYAH!!

• Suri

February 18, 2011 at 10:07 am

Good point.

• Jayla

February 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Toni is doing the series on her blog and BN is then putting it out there. Check her blog first b4 you start ranting.

19. pako

February 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Correct! I like a lot

20. sashafierce

February 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Lol, love when there are controversial hater comments on bella. Love the pics doe.

21. belle

February 17, 2011 at 5:43 pm

This is very nice. nice one Bella

22. Suinner

February 17, 2011 at 5:45 pm

beautiful dress. Nigeria has really stepped up their game.

23. oleku

February 17, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Really cool!

24. sumo

February 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm

very nice pics and very nice dress, we need more flapper dresses, admin pls designer contact details.

25. Anya

February 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm

She has nice cheekbones. But that’s the only nice thing I can say.

*keeps it moving*

26. bidemi

February 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm

faith at least you admit all she wants its cheap publicity boyah back at you hehehe Anya LOL… only nice cheek bones.She looks like Goldie. Are they related?smh

27. Chibaby

February 17, 2011 at 11:26 pm

ToniTones Photography your work is amazing- keep it up.
    KemKem Studio- I want that skirt.

28. Kemmy Solomon

February 18, 2011 at 7:14 am

Morning guys thanks for your lovely comments for those of u who would like my contact info. Go to http://www.kemkemstudio.com or email us at [email protected]
    Kemkemstudio showroom number 018821483
    Thanks Bella Niaja

29. Tana

February 18, 2011 at 10:01 am

yes Kemi your design is beautiful and Toni Tones rocked it well, please ignore haters, thats all they know how to do, hate. keep it up ma.

30. Feyin

February 18, 2011 at 10:05 am

I like her cheekbones, her face the pics, the dress, all on point o! kilorde!

31. Sanya

February 18, 2011 at 10:11 am

Likey

32. Geisha

February 18, 2011 at 10:39 am

This is awesome, Bella you said this is week three, I found week 2, the vlr one but can’t find week one, please would really like to see it, can you post the link please

33. Miss ATL

February 18, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Can I just say this – if the idea is to spotlight emerging designers and support Nigerian fashion, why wear just one piece from the designer? Yes, BN does that with their features – showcasing a range of pieces from a collection, but Ms. Tones should also do the same. I like the photography and all, but seeing different poses in the same outfit makes it look like she’s only interested in getting her picture taken.

My 2 cents.

34. showdem

February 18, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Very nice….. the Viva la resistance one is still my favourite, that was hot, but love this too.

35. Jade

February 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm

BN or Toni Tones, please how do we get our designs to be part of the campaign, thanks and God bless.

36. Jade

February 18, 2011 at 5:22 pm

and Bella please reply, you never reply.

37. Bellalover

February 19, 2011 at 12:38 am

Bella I hope you approve my comment because this isn’t hateful but honest.

I do not get the point of this campaign . I think Toni would do better if she stayed behind the camera and allowed the professionals do their job. There are a million and one models (big and skinny alike) in Nigeria willing to work for exposure (free) and it would have been beneficial if she had allowed one of them to wear the clothes. I honestly am of the opinion that this was a narcissistic project and not about the designers.

Sorry just my opinion. NO hate here.

Buy Nigerian!

• peperempe

February 22, 2011 at 12:58 am

I agree with you Bellalover. However, it is her idea and her project so she has a right to do with it what she pleases. What I cannot understand however is why Bella needs to feed us the Kool-Aid.

In my opinion, Naija fashion would have been better showcased if the pictures showed naija fashion, worn by Naija fashion models and photographed by a Naija photog.

38. Tuvie

February 19, 2011 at 9:17 am

really cool, I like it

39. Aisha

February 19, 2011 at 9:17 am

This is fabulous

40. Jay

February 19, 2011 at 1:18 pm

NIce one!

41. Celest

February 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm

The day il open something on bella and not see a negative comment no matter how fab it is I go bow. Naija una no dey tire? lets try to encourage each other, I love this, love the dress, love the pix and ToniTonez is looking great in my opinion

• Shade

February 19, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Triple gbam!!

42. Tonye

February 20, 2011 at 1:35 am

Celest, God bless you. my thoughts exactly!

43. Lizzy

February 21, 2011 at 8:44 am

The truth is this campaign is more of a Toni Tones Campaign. No hating here lets just call a spade a spade. This does nothing for Nigerian fashion at all . We haven’t learnt anything new. The only new thing is this photographer girl is getting publicity by this “project”and previous ones on BN. Anymore Toni Tones projects on BN will further highlight the relationship b/w Bellanaija and Toni Tones which looks personal to me. As a photographer i think she should get more creative, thats all. Nothing wrong with being behind and in front of the camera if you can rock both but this is bodering on (if not) an amateur move. Bella Naija you authenticity will be seriously put to test if you dont stop putting mediocre stuff on here abeg. Now we know this girl takes photos, oya blow us away with your craft because apart from being in front of the camera you don’t stand out and no you are NOT a model.

44. kelechi

February 21, 2011 at 4:59 pm

if this toni tones were genuine,why is she not using a model that will use this opportunity to get other jobs.abeg she should go and sit down jo

• Tori

February 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Lol you sound like a struggling model. Ha! Ha! Sorry oh! Times are hard! Pele lool. The dress is cool, but seen nicer one from kem kem. Cool pics sha

45. Abike

February 21, 2011 at 7:12 pm

But this whole thing was her idea now?? If she wants to do the modelling herself, let her do it!! Ki lode paapa??

46. changing faces

February 22, 2011 at 9:19 am

why does everything on this site have to be about hating and not appreciating this and that? truth is we are different, so are our opinions! i have never visited any site with a comments page where everyone agrees. does it make them haters? not necessarily. just appreciate if you wish to and let others “hate” if they wish to.

nice photography…

47. Sarah

February 23, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Don’t understand what all the story is about, this is fabulous and thanks to it I’m going to look up kemkemstudios, so mission accomplished. All these bitter people sef, una dye tire me joh!

48. Rixon

February 23, 2011 at 6:46 pm

The pictures were poorly edited. I think Toni Tones’ editing took away from the photographer Obi Somto’s work as well as that of the designer…That is my opinion…There are quite a number of editing errors that can be seen.

49. Neighbor

February 23, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Styling 6/10, Photography 3/10, Editing 0/10, Model ?/10

50. Brownsugar

February 28, 2011 at 10:47 pm

So basically, none-toni tones relatives/associates/bff’s/and whatnots can agree this is pointless

51. amber rose

March 2, 2011 at 12:53 am

oya, i know toni tones pals r here and lying thru their teet, gushn abt how nice, cool….gag! i xpected to b blown away by an array of clothes. instead i get an airbrushed woman wearong ONE outfit. abeg, bella. come on!