News

Heating Up our TV Screens in 2012! Big Brother Africa announces its 7th Season – Will a Nigerian Win Once Again?

BellaNaija.com

Big Brother Africa has been “amplified”, “revoltionized” and even enjoyed an “all star” edition.
M-Net has just announced that Big Brother Africa will be heating up our TV screens in 2012.
Scroll down to read all the relevant information.
Nigeria is on a BBA winning streak, will we maintain the trend in 2012?

So says M-Net who kicked off 2012 with the news that the seventh season of the continent’s attention-grabbing Big Brother Africa series will be hitting DStv screens in May! With TV commercials promoting the series’ return now screening on M-Net, entry for the new season opens in just a few short days…

And there’s more good news…Big Brother Africa will once again be refreshed by Coca-Cola who returns as series sponsor.

So just what can viewers expect from the reality TV powerhouse that continues to draw widespread audience interaction, fan fervor and some of the most entertaining personalities on African television? According to series executives, viewers can once again get set for drama, action and entertainment with twists and turns galore!

“This show is definitely a high demand property that draws and holds audiences from start to finish,” explains M-Net Africa Managing Director Biola Alabi. “And while the basics are the same, every season is different from the last. Re-invention is crucial so I am very pleased to confirm that this year we’re doing something that has never been done before in the history of Big Brother Africa!”

She continues, “Big Brother Africa remains relevant because it constantly surprises audiences with everything from two houses, more housemates, unexpected guests and new participating countries to unveiling two winners, an All Star reunion, super star performers and the list goes on. So to be able to say that we’re doing something that has never been done before in Big Brother Africa is wonderful. And we really believe it’s what our audiences want to see next!”

Format owner and producer Endemol South Africa’s MD Sivan Pillay says, “We look forward to surprising and entertaining Africa’s viewers with more twists and turns that have seen this compelling format continue to succeed on the continent as it has around the world. M-Net have established a highly engaging continental audience for the Big Brother brand.”

With more details of the new season to be revealed shortly, there is one secret M-Net is opening up about already. “At the end of 91 days, while many housemates will walk away with fame and the experience of a lifetime, there will be only ONE winner. So this season, the winner takes all,” says Alabi.

“And we’re announcing the new season very early so that people who are interested in participating can start thinking about whether they want to take this incredible journey. That decision is the first step on a road that may well lead right to the Big Brother house!”

For more information on how and when to enter the new season of Big Brother Africa, keep a close watch on M-Net, or check the website regularly for updates.

And with the entry criteria and the all-important prize money also set to change again, it’s clearly going to be a rollercoaster ride every step of the way. But then again, who expects anything else from Biggie?!

Big Brother Africa is produced for M-Net by Endemol South Africa and is seen, live 24/7, in 47 African countries only on DStv.

1. Aidea

January 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Bella Naija please keep me informed because I want to be part of this seventh season!! Counting on you. Thank you!

2. belle

January 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Hi BN,i’m in cameroon and would love to be part of it,but i dont know how to participate.

3. cathy

January 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm

of course we will win again, abi no be we they spend our people vote?

4. Duvy

January 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Yippee Just got this in my mail and jumped with glee. I cant wait. Big Brother shows brings some fun to my TV screen

5. Duvy

January 4, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Do we get to see Ik on again?

6. THE AMAKA

January 4, 2012 at 4:32 pm

YEAH, someone sent me this post. EXCITED ALREADY.
    and lets not get too ahead of ourselves. seeing that we’ve won THREE TIMES IN A ROW (hat trick) dont be surprised if the other countries start gunning for us to get us eliminated early on so they have better chances. Remember its all about aliances at the end of the day, I mean, how else did Wendall win??
    another thing they should do is make it totally fair. last season some of the folks representing their countries were already famous or somewhat known in either their cities or countries. so it seems like it was celebrity edition mixed with regular folks. for example, Weza, Sharon O, Luclay, Confidence, Vina, Millicent, etc..
    “Big Brother Africa remains relevant because it constantly surprises audiences with everything from two houses, more housemates, unexpected guests and new participating countries to unveiling two winners,…”
    and please they should add countries such as Cameroon, Liberia, and possibly Sierra Leone (maybe). It would be totally unfair to add another country from any region that ISN’T West Africa. WEST AFRICA NEEDS MORE REPRESENTATION and Nigeria needs more brotherly alliances. B)

7. THE AMAKA

January 4, 2012 at 4:35 pm

also it wouldnt be very wise to kick off the Nigerian house mate or housemates early on in the season for the simple fact that I’m sure Nigeria makes a TON of money for the show. just the SMS voting alone. Would Nigerians even be interested if we no longer have a rep? of course not.

8. Miss H

January 4, 2012 at 5:58 pm

abeg no! i’m Nigerian and quite frankly i’m sick of Nigerians wining three times in a row. 2 of them probably deserved to win (Kevin and Karen) the third just got sympathy votes. either way sha, the competition would be come too one sided if nigerians keep winning

9. TOKUNBO

January 4, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Gudevenin,i was overwhelmed cos i wanna b part in dis season own,plz hope to know when auditioo start in Nigeria nd Ghana,PLZ MA NIGERIAN BUT I RESIDE Ghana,plz wud waitin for ya riply tanks

10. udsparkles

January 4, 2012 at 6:56 pm

i can’t wait ooooo….

11. Mpumelelo Mayisela

January 4, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Hi. I’m Mpumelelo from South Africa! I would love to enter and be part of this year’s season of Big Brother Africa! Please keep me noted on how to enter the competition?!!!

12. calabar slim girl

January 5, 2012 at 12:38 am

Me sef! I wan follow participate o. Schools r on strike and am super bored! *sigh*

13. hotdame

January 5, 2012 at 12:43 am

i cant wait…..

14. Nicky

January 5, 2012 at 6:32 am

Anyone that knws whn d audition kicks off should pls let me knw. Am a Nigerian= +2348136959777

15. faith

January 5, 2012 at 7:29 am

Can’t wait for BB7 τ̅☺ start…dia will b no dull moment for me anymore.

• lufuno eudoxie

April 24, 2012 at 10:48 am

yoh me either i cnt wait

16. Amadasu dianna

January 5, 2012 at 7:44 am

Hello BN.I ve been dreaming of an oppotunity to be a part of d big broda show nd I think seven 7 will be great.plsssss keep me posted.I’m a nigerian and I reside in benin -city.

17. chinonyyy

January 5, 2012 at 10:31 am

i rate this 150%…well written..i can feel the passion of the writer..IT is well with Nigeria O!!

18. g

January 5, 2012 at 11:05 am

Yippeee!! The Amaka is back!

19. SA

January 5, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Thats ur opinion, but I beg to differ,, I think it was only Kevin who really deserves to win the price ,,,as for the rest two,,,nadah

20. Gidi

January 5, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Not again!!
    are they not tired of rewarding talentless mediocre?
    Can’t Mnet spend this money in productions that will reward real talent in the arts?

21. as i see it

January 5, 2012 at 4:12 pm

THE AMAKA is back

22. Etimzy

January 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm

wow dis is going 2 be bum 4 naija people again, lets go there na

23. alota amenze

January 6, 2012 at 2:26 am

Would you people just stop this whole uti beef please!! How can u open ur mouth and say that the other 2 deserved to win but he didn’t?!! Out of three of them who has been relevant after the show?! Def not kevin or karen! So if u have nothing good to say, please just keep quiet abeg! Bella naija why do you keep promoting beef for this guy, did he offend u or something?even the photo line up u put karren kevin and him last wen we knw very well that its karen,Uti and Kevin! Bella u support the uti beef thing! This is outrageous! And its getting old and sickening! Honestly its the last time I’ll open any link here. Too much hate on good!
    If u like dnt post this. Cos its a good comment about uti, hissss!

• Akpeno

January 9, 2012 at 7:45 pm

No Mind dem! Haters!

24. JGirl

January 6, 2012 at 9:25 am

stupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid show!

25. Eze Joy

January 6, 2012 at 1:03 pm

How D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ I register for diS edition cuz I realy want to b in da houses

26. Anoty

January 7, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Happy new year Africans.We know this leap year will be better.BBA please i want to participate in this year’s SHOW thanks.

27. soraya

January 10, 2012 at 6:47 am

cant wait this year south africa must win

28. jil

January 10, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Hello..please would like to know when audition starts..would want to participate.thanks

29. Sia Matturi

January 11, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I will be happy. ?is an awesome show,will a Sierraleonean Participate as an African ?

30. pleasure

January 12, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Please I would love to participate,can you inform me when the form is out or still,if it is out how do I register?thank you.

31. etana eva

January 13, 2012 at 2:04 pm

please i desperately would love to participate in these year big brother africa,kindly inform me when the forms get out.it would seriously mean alot to me.

32. Sifon Albert

January 14, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I’m a Nigerian,i reside in Akwa ibom state.i want to be one of the contestants in the Big brother house. Is the form out?if no,please inform me once it’s out.Thanks

33. stephen. okafor.o

January 14, 2012 at 4:08 pm

i would like to the name/names of Nigeria contestants in the Big brother africa season 7.

34. stephen. okafor.o

January 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm

How can someone Apply for the Big brother participation.

35. stephen. okafor.o

January 14, 2012 at 4:12 pm

My family can’t wait for this years show to kick off

36. stephen. okafor.o

January 14, 2012 at 4:12 pm

this show is what makes my Mother very Happy

37. linda

January 19, 2012 at 7:07 am

Wow!!! I can’t wait for the show to start, but at same time I did love to be a part. How do I register plsssss

38. jachimma juliet

January 19, 2012 at 12:21 pm

gud day, i will like to participate in the 7 season of BBA, plz kindly inform me wen the form is out. thanks

39. jachimma juliet

January 19, 2012 at 12:22 pm

gud day, i will like to participate in the 7 season of BBA, plz kindly inform me when the form is out. thanks

40. Ayomide Owolabi

January 21, 2012 at 5:54 pm

41. Ayomide Owolabi

January 21, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Hi,Am from nigeria.pls ma keep me informed wen d form is out because I want to be part of dis seventh season.am counting on you,tanks so much .I CAN DO BETTER WIT GOD AND MY TALENT¤

42. Otobo chukwumela edward

January 21, 2012 at 6:48 pm

good evening,am so happy to get a notice about Bigbrother Africa Season 7;i will like to reapply for the most interesting television program Bigbrother Africa. i will be so happy if am notify about the registration form. Am Otobo chukwumela edward

43. oliks

January 23, 2012 at 11:59 am

Hello,am happy bba is back again, I can’t wait to fil the form.I want to learn, teach and help everyone that comes my way if am in the show. Pls can some one pls tell me how to fil the form. I want to be there .

44. tracy

January 25, 2012 at 10:51 am

I’d love to be part of season seven. How do I go about it!!!

45. elithres liengu monono

February 4, 2012 at 5:49 pm

OH MY GOD I JUST CANT WAIT 4 BB7 2 START. BRING IT ON.

46. Clement Abiakan

March 1, 2012 at 12:35 am

Hello bella God bless you for your good work.. Please count me part of the BBA’s contestant.. I’ve got da talent, i’ve got da potentials’ i’ve got strategies and i’ve got swagg too.. I know i’ll sure be da winner of BBA Season 7.. Please keep me posted when da form’s out.. Thanks

47. Fadahunsi Olaoluwa Kate

March 7, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Hi,I want to be a contestant in the seventh edition of the Big Brother Amplified.Am a Nigerian and I promise to make my country proud.Thanks BBA.

48. kem

March 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

another controvesy, yet we all wanna watch, lmao, cant wait to see the whole saga freaking, gosh, i was an addict last year, let see how it goes, for me, let the best person with swag and entertainer win oh, believe it or not, karen deserves it last year and the memories of BB6 still linger on, too much amplification, whoop, whoop!!

49. Desmond Dickson

May 26, 2012 at 9:07 am

I realy do want 2 b in BBA house pls any1 wit gud info on hw 2 enter shud contact me on +2348068954763 OR [email protected] and God bless u all

50. African tv

July 5, 2012 at 11:36 am

Big brother is so interesting especially because of all the twists and turns in the show!can’t wait to see who wins.

51. ogechi Nzeh

July 7, 2012 at 9:39 pm

I will love Goldie to keep the flag high and also flying by ensuring that she follows the footsteps of the Nigerian that have won before. Please Nigeria, vote for Goldie to win.

52. Gezani parick Chauke