Music

Star Lager Beer Set To Give Out 20 Apple iPads In Jingle Competition

BellaNaija.com

Owning an iPad2 might just be the perfect way to begin the year 2012 right? But why cough up that huge amount of money to buy one, when you can get it for free? Star lager beer, from the stable of Nigerian Breweries Plc is offering 20 individuals around the country the opportunity of winning brand new second-generation Apple iPads.

To win, individuals have to enter what Star lager beer has called the ‘jingle contest’. Entry is very simple. Interested individuals are required to create a 30 second jingle with the words ‘Star‘ and ‘Shine Shine Bobo.’ There are two options for uploading the recorded audio. The jingle can be uploaded via the web on http://on.fb.me/pv8ZOy. The other option is to upload via http://bit.ly/tu7MqP for mobile devices.

The main criteria for judging the jingles are creativity, audibility and appeal. The competition will however close on Saturday, January 7, 2012. Only Nigerians residing in the country, and aged 18 and above, are eligible to enter the competition.

According to Obabiyi Fagade, Brand Manager – Star, Nigerian Breweries Plc, the jingle contest is one of the several schemes put in place by the beer brand to reward loyal consumers.

He said: “Star is undoubtedly Nigeria’s leading beer brand. We have been able to attain this leadership position and also sustain due to our loyal consumers. By giving out 20 brand new Apple iPads, we are simply saying thank you them. It is also an opportunity to get Nigerians creatively engaged in the art of creating jingles.

Twenty-five individuals whose jingle entries pass the criteria will be selected and uploaded on the Star Nigeria Facebook page. Visitors to the page can then listen to the entries and vote for their favourite jingle. The top 20 individuals who garner the highest number of votes become winners of the Apple iPads.

So what are you waiting for? Create your own jingle with the words ‘Star’ and ‘Shine Shine Bobo’ and upload, for a chance to win an Apple iPad2.

1. Michael

January 3, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Star Shine Shine Bobo “The ogbongeh beer”

Hmmm bar man, please package me with a chilled bottle of shine shine bobo. Make I take star shine my day. Cos’ I just receive a call from my nephew that his wife just delivered baby shine shine bobo. Hahahahah Yes! shine shine bobo the rogbongeh beer for the ogbongeh people. Bar man! one more bottle of my star, the shine shine bobo like me. Make i take star shine my day… Star the ogbongeh beer for the ogbongeh people. Ahhh

2. Adegbola

January 3, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Hmmm… Michael, na for here dem talk say make you post your own jingle? If you get so much talent, why you no go upload am for the star site

3. cathy

January 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm

hahahahahahhahahahaha lmaoooooooooooo

4. shola

January 4, 2012 at 12:45 am

The closing date on the website is 04/01/2012, but you state Saturday, the 7th on this website. Which date is the closing date?

5. Bose

January 4, 2012 at 10:08 am

hey shola, the closing date is 7th January

6. onyx

January 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

NBL, I see how y’all covered your backs by trying to limit the competion to only “Nigerians resident in the country…”. However, without specifying the actual “country” being referred to, Nigerians from wherever can still apply…. note to your legal department.

7. Shabba

January 5, 2012 at 11:40 am

Ogbeni Michael, abeg enter studio go record.They didn’t ask you to write it here.lol

8. samuel oluwasina omotoso