We clearly remember years ago, Goldie gave an in-depth interview to a Nigerian newspaper. In the interview, the star talked about several intimate subjects – her mother’s death when she was a young child, living and studying for her degree in the UK, her entrepreneurial pursuits (at the time, she had a successful business unrelated to music – from what we remember, it was related to making cards) and also her marriage.
After that, we never saw any other mention of her marriage in future interviews. We simply assumed that she decided to keep it private or the marriage was dissolved.
It has been over 24 hours since her untimely death and now, Goldie’s husband – Andrew Harvey has emerged with photographs of the couple together. From their wedding photographs to more recent photographs of them together. Andrew also appealed to Prezzo to “leave our family to grieve in peace” via his Facebook page.
In an interview with TheNetNG, Andrew who used to work as an expartriate in the oil and telecommuncations industries in Nigeria and is presently based in Malaysia, he confirmed the following:
- That he and Goldie met at a friend’s party in Nigeria and the love connection was instant
- That he and Goldie got married in December 2005
- That he and Goldie were until her death, legally married
- Their marriage was “secret” because – “Our private life is nothing to do with work life, there has to be a balance“
- That he and Goldie were planning on starting a family (having children) this year
- That Goldie’s “relationship” with Prezzo was just for TV – “Prezzo was part of BBA game, just like in the movies, there was nothing to fear“
- That Goldie had no preexisting medical condition
- That Goldie was already a British Citizen before they met (she lived and schooled there) while he was in the process of working on his Nigerian citizenship
- That he and Goldie actually spent the most recent Christmas holiday together in Malaysia
- That he and Goldie were still together and spoke on the day she passed away – 14th February 2013
As we all know Goldie still bore Andrew’s last name – Harvey.
Rest in Peace Goldie.
Photo Credit: Andrew Harvey via Facebook