News

Gorgeous Hair for a Gorgeous Girl! The Scoop on Yvonne Nelson’s Luxe Locks by Philip Eric

BellaNaija.com

Yvonne Nelson's Long Locks by Philip Eric- December 2013 - BellaNaija - 021

Apart from always selecting stylish dresses, Yvonne Nelson is known for giving us full hair-gasm.

The Ghollywood sensation recently got the star treatment from UK based hair stylist Philip Eric while staying in London for a week. He was nice enough to share exclusively with BN Beauty, the scoop on styling Yvonne’s luxe wavy locks.

The Styling by Philip Eric

“Yvonne Nelson rocked a protective weave style by using a lace closure, which means none of her natural hair is exposed.

She wanted something that was versatile and easy to maintain but still looked natural, she is wearing four bundles of body wave Brazilian hair extensions which were curled into the style Yvonne Nelson was happy with.

Yvonne was really impressed with her hair and delighted with the quality of my services.”

Yvonne Nelson's Long Locks by Philip Eric- December 2013 - BellaNaija - 025Yvonne Nelson's Long Locks by Philip Eric- December 2013 - BellaNaija - 022Yvonne Nelson's Long Locks by Philip Eric- December 2013 - BellaNaija - 026

Yvonne Nelson & Philip Eric

Yvonne Nelson & Philip Eric

PS: Have you seen this hilarious comment made by Yvonne on Instagram, check it out.

Yvonne Nelson - December 2013 - BellaNaija 01

You can catch up with Philip Eric on www.twitter.com/philiperichair | www.instagram.com/philiperichair

1. BIMBY

December 10, 2013 at 11:12 am

Biko, Yvonne should slow down on this weight loss abeg. She’s beginning to look anorexic!

• Lizzy O.

December 10, 2013 at 12:12 pm

You are so rude. Yvonne Nelson is not my cup of tea, but this lady here does not look anorexic.

Secondly, I love the curls and the hair on hair.
      To the person saying Yvonne is showing everything to the world, if you read this, you’ll see that she didn’t send this to bn. The hair stylist did. And Yvonne is a star, so therefore, she will be seen on a celebrity gossip/news website whether you like it or not.

The hair looks nice. If this was Beyonce’s face on the hair, you people will be shouting queen bey, king bey, bey bey. Tahh!

This hair looks good on Yvonne. The part looks natural. Actually zoomed in to see clearly and then I noticed it was indeed a lace closure in a few of the pictures. But to just a simple eye, it looks good.
      In other news, I love her lip color!

• DeLores

December 10, 2013 at 12:57 pm

You are right Bimby, I know this look only too well cos I’ve been there. The gaunt hollow face and saggy cheeks. The thing is weight loss can get so addictive that you won’t know when to stop and that’s the beginning of anorexia. I’m a size 8/10 but a while ago in my head I decided I was getting flabby and needed to tone up. Gym here I come. I lost so much weight I looked sick. Friends and family commented on how thin I had become and asked if I was sick or something. They were like Iwo to lara tele (You wey no get body before). In my head I was like whatever fatsos, you are just jealous because you can’t loose weight and I can. It wasn’t until my boyfriend said “girl where are shrinking to? You will shrink so tey you go disappear. I mean I like you slim but no be like this” that’s when I got a grip and I eased up on the exercises.

2. Modella

December 10, 2013 at 11:18 am

@Bimby,shut the hell up and hit the gym asap..I can sense jealousy afar off my phone screen! Not feeling the hair anyway..she has been way prettier!

3. davii

December 10, 2013 at 11:19 am

YVONNE I love u so much,but u rili nid to take a break.must you do any little tin and show it to the world???

4. eniola

December 10, 2013 at 11:25 am

love the hair. lip color NO.

5. Bey

December 10, 2013 at 11:32 am

The Eyebrows are scary#talking gently#

6. Omo1

December 10, 2013 at 11:41 am

@Modella..don’t be a brat!!! make up doesn’t look good on her..that’s all

7. eve

December 10, 2013 at 11:50 am

she looks sick whats wrong? the makeup? the hair? she is not glowing as usual

8. Ziki

December 10, 2013 at 11:53 am

D’hair is really nice, bt dis hair i c’it everyday na

9. Lecker

December 10, 2013 at 11:56 am

Daunting! not feeling u at all in this weave.

10. Hmmm

December 10, 2013 at 11:57 am

Thank God for the lace closure i was getting tired of seeing her with those dead lace wigs *spits*

11. Mademoiselle

December 10, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hair, yes! Makeup, mba!

12. BIMBY

December 10, 2013 at 12:04 pm

@Modella, na fight? Talking like u knw me personally. Jealousy bawo? I don’t av complex issues. That was just my 2cents advice. Can’t u see the puff around her eyes? U better calm down b4 u get HBP on top another person matter. *tongue out*

13. The new natural

December 10, 2013 at 12:09 pm

“She wanted something that was versatile and easy to maintain but still looked natural, she is wearing four bundles of body wave Brazilian hair extensions “.
    Am I missing something or like the phrase The new normal, this is The new Natural. Even the Brazilians who own the hair, don’t look like this. So, how is this “natural” biko? Someone please explain because it looks like Black people are discovering a new meaning to the word natural. No, I am not a natural hair sister. Me and my relaxer will be best buddies for life. Yvonne always looks better with her hair pulled back in a ponytail where her beautiful facial structure is out on display. This “natural weave” just buries and overwhelms her

• sara

December 10, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I’ve never understood the “four bundles for a natural look”
      either.

• 263Belle

December 11, 2013 at 10:22 pm

I agree with you. There is nothing “natural” about the look, like one of the previous posters said, even the Brazilians don’t have that much hair on their head. Just who is this look “natural” to?

14. Loveth .O

December 10, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I agree with Bimby

15. Rox

December 10, 2013 at 12:52 pm

YN,, look gorgeous as always, jst do what u do best and leave the rest to God.. u r still beautiful

16. Thelma

December 10, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Yvonne looks weird in these pictures. The gaunt look and
    the makeup are to blame. Plus she looks dehydrated. Yvonne you’re a
    beautiful woman but you need to take a break from whatever it is
    you’re doing! The hair is alright….

17. nene

December 10, 2013 at 2:28 pm

she looks sick and old.

• nene

December 10, 2013 at 2:29 pm

like nadia buari. being skinny is not for everyone. men can
      get away with looking old after weight loss (e.g matthew mensah)
      but women can’t cuz the younger and healthier u look, the
      better.

18. esty

December 10, 2013 at 2:36 pm

she is beautiful but look sick.

19. Hurperyeahmie

December 10, 2013 at 3:10 pm

i agree with bimby she looks worked out, the hair is alright but the way Mba

20. Silvia

December 10, 2013 at 6:18 pm

I agree with bimby, she needs to slow down on it.

21. Muse

December 10, 2013 at 10:46 pm

BIMBY and her likes you must be VERY FAT and insecure. Get over yourselves. Yvonne you look beautiful, don’t mind women who can’t love themselves and appreciate others.

22. fumbi

December 10, 2013 at 11:06 pm

why does the eyebrow look like she shaved off everythin and they had to draw a whole new one with foundation smeared around it…it just makes her look scary…and why is the hair making head line news,it looks alright,pretty basic…the tweet has more substance for headline news than the hair…… in my opinion….still got love for her sha regardless…

23. Mizz Concerned.

December 10, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Wow she is starting to look old. I guess it is the excessive weight loss.

24. Naomi

December 10, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I feel I must comment on this weight issue. I’ve been “skinny” and chubby between weight loss/gain of 20 lbs. At either point I was always happy with my appearance AS LONG AS I WAS HEALTHY. I am naturally not a slim person but I have a small frame. When I was bigger, some called me fat now that I am smaller, some say you look too skinny you’ll lose your ass etc. At the end of the day, as long as my eating habits, exercise habits and mental state are normal, I don’t care what people say about how I look. You can never please everyone. I agree that Yvonne looks smaller than usual, But what I don’t know is why she is getting that way. Just like when I see a fat person I try not to rush to the conclusion that she is doing it intentionally. Maybe she just carries her weight differently than me or is really just lazy. So, to say yvonne should “slow it down” I can’t because I don’t know if its intentional or maybe she has health issues. We women have enough things to worry about in terms of body image. Lets encourage each other like some are already doing. Stay beautiful ladies! x

25. lola aji

December 11, 2013 at 10:49 am

been skinny is not just for everyone, yn u r beautiful but this skinny bisness s not an ideal bisness 4 u.

26. tyna

December 11, 2013 at 11:48 am

i cnt evn see d beauty of d hair anymor bt hw skinny she luk…….. she doesnt luk healthy at all

27. Loveth .O

December 11, 2013 at 1:02 pm

@Muse, i and Bimby likes really love our selves and appreciate Yvonne, is just that she isn’t looking good at all as she is right now. it is you that do not love your self

28. nky

December 11, 2013 at 1:23 pm

4 Bundles of weave is damn too much. It looks very artifical and fake especially on her slim built frame. I recommend between 200g and 300g of hair for my clients but some of them insist on carrying a trailer load and even though i am not always impressed with the results.

29. Leah

December 11, 2013 at 6:50 pm

She is usually very gorgeous, but what is going on with her face? And I agree with nky, that is
    way too much hair for her body frame. Some of you really need to relax with your over the top and emotional out burst when someone gives an opinion or critique different from yours. The names calling is just out of control. How about you guys work on articulating why you like the look as opposed to attacking someone for clearly stating why they don’t. My goodness! It’s like someone went into a market place in the middle of no where and handed a bunch of illiterates internet access.

30. esi

December 18, 2013 at 11:24 am

Looks like de problem isnt with de hair. In my opinion, its de makeup. A lil colour would ve helped plus she looks a lil too slim for her figure.

31. Jay

January 14, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Do you people actually know what anorexia means? Or you just type it cos it sounds exotic? How can you look at somebody and just assume that they have an eating disorder? And what is it with Nigerians and weight? Toolz is too fat. Yvonne is too thin. Nobody is ever perfect. I’d actually love to see pictures of the people who leave these hateful comments. Please worry about your own lives and leave other people to “worry” about their weight. So damn rude!

32. Maria K

January 17, 2014 at 2:50 am

Her hair’s lovely, full and bouncy.. The eyebrows are too high and unnatural. unfortunately gives her a constant look of being surprised.

33. Manespeak

January 22, 2014 at 3:55 am

I belie women should wear the hairstyles they feel most comfortable in period.
    manespeak.com