News

Shuga Ends With A Pow Wow! Catch Episode 8 of MTV Shuga – ‘Kasala’

BellaNaija.com

For people who have been asking the question “What is Shuga?” we say it is fun, exciting, educative, vibrant and exciting. But beneath all those beautiful adjectives (which are in no way an exaggeration), Shuga is a show which fuses “sexual health messaging with gripping story lines, Shuga is part of a powerful 360-degree mass media campaign designed to raise awareness about HIV prevention and teen pregnancy in Nigeria.

Key themes covered by the series will include: living with HIV; disclosing your status; getting tested; condom use; gender based violence; gender equality; women’s empowerment; family planning; teen pregnancy; transactional sex; multiple concurrent partners; stigma and discrimination of people living with HIV; and parent/child relationships/communication.

Shuga Naija is directed by Biyi Bandele and stars Nigerian music star, Tiwa Savage. Also cast in Shuga Naija are On Air Personality Maria Okanrende, Ikubese Emmanuel Ifeanyi, Owumi Ugbeye, Sharon Ezeamaka, Olumide Oworu, Timini Egbusun, Sani Mu’azu, Efa Iwara, and Dorcas Shola Fapson.

Synopsis
Princess, finally realizes who Solomon really is – with disastrous consequences for all. The struggle between Malaika and Nii finally comes to a head as Malaika discovers her inner strength and finally stands up for herself.

Watch Episode 8

Missed the previous episodes? Don’t fret…
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7

1. Sparkles

January 20, 2014 at 8:11 am

This episode was really sad, I actually cried when Sophie was shot n put in the ambulance. I do hope she gets better. Shuga is the best series I’ve seen yet. Excellent acting, oh and Malaika, wow, finally stood up for herself! This is getting more interesting.

• sigh

January 20, 2014 at 11:01 am

Spoiler of lifeeee

Omg, that was crayyyyy. *lumps in my throat*

2. www.anemistyle.com

January 20, 2014 at 8:33 am

Great show, ooh love the drama!! I love it when women come together and create something like this, #GirlPower

3. Mrs A

January 20, 2014 at 9:07 am

Cliffhanger!!!!!!!
    Chai

4. my love

January 20, 2014 at 9:28 am

If season 3 ends on this note, I’m disappointed to say the least. The acting in episode 8 was terrible and so unbelievable. I’ve enjoy all Season 3 episodes apart from the last two. Why leave a story so open ended?

• kiki

January 20, 2014 at 10:00 am

sweetheart, if you followed previous seasons of shuga, they always end with you guessing. i actually think the best stories are those who have u creating your own perfect ending…

• Samantha

January 20, 2014 at 10:35 am

Somebody is talking sense! I thought I was the only one. The acting in this episode was not great at all. I really enjoyed the whole of shuga series 3 but the final episode was a let down. It didn’t flow. If they will do series 4 in nigeria, actors should be recast, including tiwa savage and that foye girl they can’t act at all.

• nene

January 20, 2014 at 5:17 pm

i agree. sharon ezeamaka (princess) was good as a child
      actor,bt she’s not good anymore. the acting in this episode was
      bad. only leonora and chris attoh (nii and wife), ekene, and the
      other boy from the kenyan version have kept their acting standards
      good soo far. dorcas (sophie) is my best character bt her acting
      this episode was not really good. timini is also not bad as an
      actor. maria okanrede and tiwa can’t come back, please mtv pity the
      fans.

5. kiki

January 20, 2014 at 10:04 am

so wait oh.. no more shuga 4 me?. the bullet 4 hit Solomon na.. bastard. if ein wan be aristo, atlst pity dem smallies and use a rubber.tru tru aids no dey show for face. i get tested every 3mnths and each time i do, my heart skips a bit minutes before im told the result. i thnk its also important thay make the clear point that its nt only tru sex oh or mother to child. hope solomon no dey share clipper for salon and princess get her own needle to sew her weaves.

6. Teris

January 20, 2014 at 10:06 am

@bellanaija
    about your use of onomatopoeia (?) and other descriptives… “powwow”?!
    i missed the show; does this mean it ended with a deep conversation between…? or on a cliffhanger… with a bang…an oh-my-god mo’…?

7. NOKSIS

January 20, 2014 at 10:40 am

Hmmmmmmmmmm. The end. Not impressed. Loved the East African Series much better. Just brought in celebrities that know nothing about acting. And bad directing marred the good actors. Do something the right way. Get the best actors not names. All those fake accents and catwalqs dont make good acting joor.

• nene

January 20, 2014 at 5:20 pm

i’m also thinking the problem might be from the director.
      they need to get good actors that can act really well

8. Great Portland Street

January 20, 2014 at 11:36 am

I prefer the East African series. I was so disappointed with the acting in episode 8. Bring in actors not celebrities that know nothing about acting.

9. LOLS

January 20, 2014 at 11:39 am

This final episode was an anticlimax in my opinion. The scenes with Princess and Sophie on discovering who Solomon really is/ being infected was somewhat unbelievable . But overall it was a highly entertaining series only wished it ended better.

10. bebe

January 20, 2014 at 11:42 am

errr.. i have a question.
    how is it that Sophie did not test positive for HIV but her sister did? did solomon stop taking his ARV drugs or..?

• Sexxie

January 20, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Either he stopped taking his ARVs or Princess has low immunity and that made her susceptible

• bebe

January 20, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Thanks .. they should have explained that part. In the real
      world, Sophie’s sister would have definitely asked that
      question…. i think

• Chic

January 21, 2014 at 11:40 am

Something to do with viral loads and immunity levels. He probably had a higher level of HIV in his blood when he slept with Princess and her immunity was also low. Oya medics over to you

11. tinu

January 20, 2014 at 11:44 am

So sad… Sophie is actually my best character, hope she isn’t killed off oooo…. i will just stop watching it

12. YEYEAREWA

January 20, 2014 at 11:48 am

That’s the irony of this life! someone does sumtin once and gets into trouble, meanwhile someone else would have been doing same 4 a while and nothing will happen to them. i really feel bad for Tobi, he’s such a cutie. Finally, Mali is standing up 4 herself. i don’t wanna imagine what its like marrying such a psychotic biatch like Nii will feel like!

13. The Original Beebee

January 20, 2014 at 12:32 pm

My Sophie (favourite character and actress in the series)…..:(

14. merci

January 20, 2014 at 2:22 pm

thumbs up to sophie, pls dont die o! yeah wasnt my fav episode but then kudus for the past ones.

15. navida

January 20, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Seriously is the end as in no more shuga as in e don finish….my white friends use the word season finale but end up bringing a new season the next year or months later. I’m going to believe this is season finale and wait hopefully. My best episode yet, minor errors but my best. Good job naija. I’m in the States but I’m loving naija ryt now and repping them well. Naija 4 life…oshe!

16. Ajoke

January 20, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I dont know if we all watched the same thing here. I think
    this last episode was awesome,it had all the trappings of a world
    class season finale and all the actors gave near perfect
    performances. Tobi (Timini) , Nii ( Chris attoh), sophie (Dorcas)
    and Malaika ( Leonora) where easily the best actors out of the
    ensemble !

17. Tru

January 20, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Kai, kai, WHY did the series finish naaaaaaaa??? #really-sobbing

18. Stephanie

January 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Nigerians and their bad belly…tell me, if u sabi act well well why u no go show them how to act…We are never appreciative…Anyways great episode.

19. Stephanie

January 20, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Shuga has always ended like this…go and watch season 1 and 2 before u start talking nonsense.

20. chigirl

January 20, 2014 at 9:41 pm

“You are HIV positive” and her expression was blank, no show of emotion, is that how u’d act in real life if u were told u were HIV positive?..SMH!. What happened to all of them in this episode, even Sophie wasnt at her best, she & ekene were my fave sha….. Finally, i preferred d east african one, una welldone

21. Mama Mia!!!

January 20, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I’ve said it before and will keep saying it, This shuga is
    the worst one so far. There needs to be a recast for this show. The
    script is already amazing as it is, just needs talented people to
    help bring it to life. Chris, Malaika, the two friends who are in
    love with Foye Tiwa’s son, Alhaji and his errand boy are all okay
    sophie and Timini too but they need more rehearsals please cause
    their characters are quite demanding and noticeable. The rest
    should be swept away biko… If we wanna produce another Lupita, we
    need great acting (Stretching it to far now)lol

22. corolla

January 20, 2014 at 11:49 pm

The Kenyan Shuga was much better.Very authentic acting! one
    can see.why Lupita has made it far.Can any of these actors with
    their secondary sch drama acting get a Hollywood role?Mediocre
    acting at it’s best.

23. Chee

January 21, 2014 at 1:21 am

Life in the fast lane……smh!

24. anyone

January 21, 2014 at 4:51 am

anyone know this name of the songs played in this episode? thanks x everyone is a critic these days for –sake watch the damn thing and keep it moving

25. Chic

January 21, 2014 at 11:42 am

Next season should be cast in Ghana with the best Kenyan, Nigerian and Ghanaian stars of the series bring back Leo, Sophie, Dala, Ekene, Femi, Nii, Malaika and co

26. Gina1

January 22, 2014 at 1:25 am

Nigerians can complain!!! This is like the best Nigerian series I’ ever seen. Each and very one of the actors interpreted their roles superbly. No matter how perfect they act, people will still complain…Kudos to the producers and cast of Shuga Naija!!! Love!

27. nai

January 27, 2014 at 1:01 pm

@mylove, I really hope that you can act better and direct actresses and actors better because if you can’t please take a seat and read your bible. Criticism that are contructive heals but criticism that are destructive wounds the heart take NOTE @mylove

28. Toks

January 27, 2014 at 3:47 pm

Sophieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Please do not kill her off, pleaseeee! She is the main reason for watching the show!

29. unique

February 5, 2014 at 8:39 pm

please please and please all of you who are criticizing should know that the actors and actresses are acting according to the script given to them,yes i quite agree that the acting needs brushing up but that is it! there is always a first time for everything and after that there is time to correct the flaws and perfect the strengths,we as Nigerians should learn to be constructive in criticizing and STOP complaining maliciously! After all nothing is too perfect,even the so called Hollywood have low budget movies and terrible productions which make it to the movie screens somehow!

30. olajoko

February 19, 2014 at 8:44 am

Thumbs up to all the cast and crew membrs of shuga….I’ve been inspired,motivated and highly entertained… I luv djfoxy,sophie and sade.

31. theresa

April 25, 2014 at 1:58 pm

i love shuga,its an interesting series…nd everyone really acted well,i like foye,tiwa,femi,malaika..

32. Msi Isah

April 29, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Shuga is really nice. I luv d acting and everything. Sophie is my favorite character

33. Rex

April 30, 2014 at 12:56 am

Thumbs up to everyone involved in shugaN the directors, producers, cast, and also the viewers. I want to ask a question and that is IS there another episode OR season coming?

34. Rex

April 30, 2014 at 12:56 am

Thumbs up to everyone involved in shuga, the directors, producers, cast, and also the viewers. I want to ask a question and that is IS there another episode OR season coming?

35. daprincess

May 18, 2014 at 4:23 pm

If it turely end in episode 8 it is d worst endin ever #all d cast tried there best

36. Matilda

June 3, 2014 at 2:33 am

R u kiddin me????
    Dis is d best series nija has ever done. Why nt jst roll with it ad stop bin bad belle. Itz all abt d msg dey r passing.
    All episodes has always bin lyk this.
    Kudus to ya all. #Awesome

37. sadeeq

June 18, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Aged, but acted excellently, kudos to your elbow @ Solomon ( Sani Mu’azu)

38. ajiboye

July 20, 2014 at 11:27 am

pls is episode 8 is the last series ? pls i need answer ?

39. Cool Joe

July 30, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Just loved the way Sophie would rain curses- especially when she found out Princess was in Tobi’s house… And her jokes were sweet… Her Pidgin English was great too

40. vina

August 20, 2014 at 5:48 pm

what will happen to Sophie ? Gud work to al d characters.

41. Tommy

September 9, 2014 at 10:20 pm

hmmmm dis so fansinating and quite interesting I cant afford to miss episode 9 or is dat d end

42. munachi

November 10, 2014 at 4:55 pm

the movie was excellent and it is a real motivating one that inspire lives

43. Sunny

December 23, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Pls does any one knows the name of the song played on episode4? I mean d1 femi was dancing while steering @her the DJ###pls contact me @08109385527

44. Michael

February 18, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Please guys I want to know the name and artist name of the music that was on when Tobi was beating Solomon? I will love to get that jamz. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks

45. Michael

February 18, 2015 at 8:07 pm

The song was played on episode 8 before Tobi started beating Solomon. Please guys I want the song or its details. Send it to 08055943470 or here. Thanks

46. Blessing

March 11, 2015 at 7:35 pm

The movie is, not supposed to end in episode 8, Sophie can’t die just like dt, we need to know who Foye will settle for between Femi and Ekene. Also, why did Princess get the disease when Solomon is on ARV and sophie didn’t have it. the movie is a nice one but that shouldn’t be the end.

47. jenny

March 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm

great job….a nyc one……..d characters where gud…..pls dnt criticize ny one its not easy tew act….nywazs Sophie remains my best character…. ah love d way she speaks d pidgin.

48. khermie

May 4, 2015 at 4:05 pm

Pls d episode 9 of it??? Episode 8 shuldnt b d end of it

49. khermie

May 4, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Pls episode 9 of it??? Or is episode 8 d last episode?

50. olayinka

May 27, 2015 at 7:52 pm

i love it so much

51. holla_baryour

September 4, 2015 at 12:02 am

Is Shiva season 4 out yet would really love to know wah happened to Sophie …

52. Cheekah