Relationships

Toke Makinwa: “Some Shallow Things Guys Say” – Watch

Toke Makinwa - Toke Moments Vlog - March 2014 - BellaNaija

Nigerian media personality Toke Makinwa is out with a new episode of her vlog – “Toke Moments“.

In response to the viral video – “Things single ladies say before reality hits them“, Toke dishes on “Some Shallow Things Guys Say”.

As always, Toke never fails to give a hilarious explanation to all points mentioned. Watch!

1. Sophie Daniels

March 27, 2014 at 10:53 am

I love toke she is so real,and blunt! Go girl

2. Jane

March 27, 2014 at 11:02 am

I love it!

3. poisefreak

March 27, 2014 at 11:10 am

LMAO!!!! Nice Retort Toke! For real, I have heard some guys say some outrageous things as standards for the kind of girls they want… Its a big ‘Meh’ situation though, issues with men and women. I honestly really don’t care anyone thinks about me though… Men would still use and dump, women will still open up and get burned.. If you get married, good for you… If not, get used to being happy with yourself. At the end of the day, life na per head…

• Obongawan

March 27, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Women also use men.

4. Anonymous

March 27, 2014 at 11:13 am

Lol! thank u Toke…u just gave them a piece of their own cake…me like this…but wait oh!, i guess that’s the reason y when we get into relationships with all this pre-conceived standards of what we want our relationship to be at the end of the day we find it failing us…come to think of it, a girl will want a man who can spoil her, make her feel loved, pamper her…u name the list, on the other hand, the man will want a lady who will spoil him, cook for him make him feel like a king, u know the type that would just sit with legs crossed & watch tv while she cooks and serves him his meals, & nothing…i mean not even any moral support coming from the man’s…and because women being who they are would want their relationship to work, they start compromising with the set standards just to making sure their man is happy…at the end of it all they feel tired, exhausted…more like in a master and slave relationship, then u begin to ask yourself…oh boy!, na so this thing be dey?…anyways, the reality of it all is…marriage is like an empty house u just bought…U bring in the things you love, decorate the way that suits u & at the end of a tiringg day u can either relax & be at peace in that house, or chase rats & cockroaches all around the place, because u failed to keep it kempt!

5. Alero

March 27, 2014 at 11:14 am

Yeah! Toks!

6. Grace E

March 27, 2014 at 11:44 am

aaah LMAO I LOVE Toke..this video is sooooo true..I was talking about it with my friend a while back..she said only women do it..im like men want a perfect woman..they set standards even more. A girl can settle but most men???hmm

7. Hannah

March 27, 2014 at 11:53 am

love you Toke, tell them.. you go girl.

8. oluwapelumi

March 27, 2014 at 11:57 am

as much as i dnt like u toke,this is like my best of your vlog. Guys that have bn evrywhr, would have d guts to be saying i dnt want a girl dts evrywhr, shez to popular on social network, and d fool is also evrywhr on social network. that babe is a slut, next thing, now following, pls follow back. you guys should pls take a seat.msheeww

9. Cherry

March 27, 2014 at 11:58 am

LOL!…Men u see your life? she wasn’t what she seemed to be, whereas the strong firm breasts are now sagging from breastfeeding ur children, now u call her witch…God will punish u! come back oh, no clubing me must pray, cast and bind for things to go back to normal…Toke!!!

10. gigi

March 27, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Thanks toke’ you are the best…

11. iwalewa

March 27, 2014 at 1:39 pm

i love u Toke. I set standards for myself. yea and i waited and am glad i got what i wanted.Dnt settle for less and be realistic as said by Toke.#gbam

12. Didi

March 27, 2014 at 1:54 pm

Toke you are three much !

13. Miss shee

March 27, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Tokstarr, u killed it. First time commenting yaayy, that by the way. I had a Nigerian British boy in my university, if a girl is dark skinned, he does not like talking to them but preferred mixed race and Asian girls. D day I saw his sister, I fainted…. So men look at your sisters first before demanding nonsense.

14. belinda

March 27, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Isn’t it about time BN stop all these Toke nonsense. At least the comments no reach 15 in the last 3 episodes.

• Hurperyearmie

March 27, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Go and hug transformer bad belle u are the only one against her

15. Emelda

March 27, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Dear Toke, my first tym listening to U. I LOOOOOOOVE U.

16. lara

March 27, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Lmao, Toke oooo you will not kill me nice one….

17. Colour Purple

March 27, 2014 at 5:33 pm

So true! Guys have much higher standards than women o! they never settle walahi! If you see a man with an girl you think is one kind, just know that the bebe has ticked almost all his boxes.
    I’ve also noticed that the comments have reduced since Toke got married that’s primarily because the haters have stayed away and we her loyal voltron’s don’t have to spend much time defending her. We could simply enjoy her videos without commenting:)

18. bisqo

March 27, 2014 at 7:02 pm

…word!

19. Mary Cole

March 28, 2014 at 6:49 am

What a woman you are Toke, I just love, love, love you. You always say it as it is. My kind of woman. You go girl! God bless you as you continue to build high self esteem into women. We all need to be reminded from time to time.

20. ayo

March 28, 2014 at 10:43 am

Ladies, you dont need another lady to validate you or hype you up. Know what you want and stick with it

21. Patience

March 29, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Don’t we all love Toke? On point. I rest my case. Guys, what next?hehehehehe!

22. Somy

April 5, 2014 at 2:46 pm

whats up with Toke’s face/facial expression???abi is it only me that is seeing this thing….its like its stuck between frowning and not frowning…she needs to work on it….her eyes dont even move….she should relax and all will flow….she has a good face for tv though.

23. Amh

May 14, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Wow shes fantastic. I just love her. Point on toke. I love how she switches from a perfect diction to nina english, to yoruba english and igbo english i cant help but laugh. Shes gorgeous. She will be so intresting to be with. I now understand why her hubby is stuck on her. Funny girl. Point on. Your mum is cutting okra is sitting room cracks me up. You want a girl that went to queens school but you went to poly . Its funny. Fake nija guys. Love you toke.

24. Anony

May 15, 2014 at 10:08 am

I enjoy your vlogs Toke…but not in the habit of commenting. All these bad belle people who can never see good in what others do, what is there not to love about this video? You hate Toke, yet you’ll still go all the way, clink on the link, watch the video and comment?! Haba! #Diariz God oooo