News

Veteran Actor Osita Okeke benefits from AGN Fund sponsored by Pres. GEJ

Osita Okeke - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03 (2)
Another Nollywood actor is the latest beneficiary of the Actors Guild of Nigeria‘s benevolence fund sponsored by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

If you recall, recently Natty of 80’s sitcom New MasqueradeRomanus Amuta who suffers from partial paralysis, was treated at a hospital, given money and foodstuff – read it here.

AGN President Ibinabo Fiberesima and her team with the help of the fund, came to the aid of veteran actor Osita Okeke who was diagnosed with pancreas and prostrate-related diseases.

“This woman is a man of honor, I only met her once when she invited all veterans to come and meet with her. She told us about the health plan she was working on, paid our transport to and fro the venue and even gave us extra money. When I became sick in January, my family did all they could but it was nothing close to what was needed. When I got to a point that I felt I had nobody and thought I would die I decided to just call madam president. I called her not up to three weeks ago, my brother you say you are nollywood television look at the result, look at the result. She has taken charge of everything, paid up all the bills even the one we paid before she refunded us, won’t God bless her? If this is how presidents are then madam must be president for life ada di ora nma, God will protect you and bless you.” he said.

Ibinabo thanked President Jonathan for his contributions, and prayed for the actor.
Osita Okeke - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02Osita Okeke - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03 (1)Osita Okeke - June 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03

1. nene

June 18, 2014 at 3:26 pm

this so called AGN fund will not solve anything. it is a short term plan. the film industry needs to be organised so that they can reap the fruits of their labour. when it’s organised, piracy will be reduced due to better distribution, more professionals will get opportunities, there will be better quality films, private businesses(banks,billionaires,etc) will invest, and actors, directors and crew will be paid well. This is not directed to Ibinabo because she’s doing something compared to past AGN presidents, but it is directed to the stakeholders and ogas in the industry. Nigerians just can’t do anything right..smh.

2. @edDREAMZ

June 18, 2014 at 3:58 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Ok God bless them for this….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

3. Tony

June 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm

The industry needs strategy and actors need to collaborate more. Good luck in your campaign Mme President. If you are doing this out of love then cool, but it is for votes then Papa upstairs understands best.
    I couldn’t help but notice IB is wearing same dress she visited the other veteran with. Is this some script? I smell a rat shewwww.

4. chichi

June 19, 2014 at 11:46 am

Tony, is it not better to appreciate this lady’s effort in saving lives than criticizing her. If she likes let her wear one dress in one year is not your business nor mine but the most important thing is that she has a good heart.

5. Sola

June 19, 2014 at 12:02 pm

My dear TONY it looks like you’re beginning to SHINE YOUR EYE to IBINABO’S dodgy moves. It is the same dress, it’s plastered all over the news, it has got IBINABO written all over it. These are not the acts of a remorseful soul. Ibinabo can never change! One day she is boogying down at ATAKE’s place and commanding the servants like it is her husband’s house. The next day she will remember that hey I have to do something to show I’m helping people so it doesn’t look like na only party I sabi. Why must you be in the news Ibinabo? That your foundation you set up for accident victims would have been a very good project for you to follow through with. If you resigned and you were using this same money (We all know how you get) to help accident victims in Port Harcourt or if you bought an Ambulance and stationed it at Lekki just for accidents victims and named it IFFAV (Ibinabo’s Foundation For Accident Victims) You think people won’t at least recognise the effort you’re making. Whoever is advising you is giving you rubbish advice. What Clarion said is true. The AGN should be able to generate its own money. You don’t have to be AGN President to make your mark. You no dey hear! HIAN

• Xman

June 19, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Ok Sola. On your own, what have you done to improve the lives of others?

• Sola

June 19, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Xman or Ibinabo, I don’t need to come on line or plaster how I help people all over the news. I know what I do daily and so does God. I also know the impact my life has on the people around me spiritually and physically. Secondly I do not need to explain myself to you because I’m not in a competition based on who helped more people and even if I was, I still will not be obliged to explain myself to you. Ibinabo (YOU) on the other hand want everyone to see what she is (YOU) are doing and see they will. If a list was drawn up everytime a celibrity helped a less fortunate person and they plastered it all over the news, Ibinabo (YOU) will not even come on the list. Mathew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Don’t even let your right hand know. Do it from your heart Ibinabo and not for men to see. Read my post above and see if any part of it makes sense to you. Start from there.

6. Superfly

June 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm

People are funny,if ibinabo dosent do anything they will complain, shes atleast helping people who we didnt even know were sick and people are still complaining.atleast we dont need to get to hear about our old verteran actors sick and begging for help all the time.i dont care if shes doing it for selfish reasons,atleast lives are saved thats the most important thing.

7. Sola

June 19, 2014 at 6:36 pm

8. Sola

June 19, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Superfly, no one is complaining. She does not need to post the fact that she is helping anyone. Why does everyone have to know she has helped two people or ten people? The fact that God knows should be enough. Please stop trying to play the devil’s advocate and be sincere when it’s necessary.