Events

First Photos from Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi’s 30th Birthday Dinner

BellaNaija.com

Gbemi O's Birthday Dinner - July - 2014 - BellaNaija006
Beat FM on-air-personality Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi was the big 30 yesterday Friday 18th July 2014.

She had a private birthday dinner with a few close friends including Tiwa Savage, Toolz, Toke Makinwa, Kunbi Oyelese, Tunde Demuren, Audu Maikori, and Maria Okanrende.

Check out photos!

Audu Maikori & Toolz

Toolz, Olamide Adedeji & Tunde Demuren

Toolz, Olamide Adedeji & Tunde Demuren

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. nwamaka

July 19, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Buhahahahahaha this 1984 has suffered in the hands of Naija celebs. Every one of them was born in 1984, See this my granny’s mate claiming 30, in no time we will celebrate another grand ma’s, Toke Makinwa,30th. Issorite.

• baboushka

July 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm

OMG you just read my mind hahahahaha I was thinking the same thing chei 1984 don suffer well well lol. My 29 year old cousin who turns 30 in January could pass for a 23 year old and these ones are claiming 30 when they are closer to 35. Women you can slash your age if you like but your strong face and bony hands will always give you away no 30 year old looks like this especially one who has not had a hard life toiling in the farm under the hot sun with no access to sunscreen and lack of good nutrition. It’s a pity Naija does not have a proper credible birth records systems and public access to these records like most developed countries otherwise we would be publishing people’s birth certificates on here. TMZ we need your investigative skills in Naija oh!!!

• Tospal

July 19, 2014 at 5:20 pm

YOu guys need to growup.. You can actually do better mentally.

• foo fighters

July 19, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Seriously you guys should chill out. Some folks look way older than their age.
      I recall Freeze announcing that Gbemi was having a pool party for her 21st birthday and that was some years back…..so the 30 isn’t far from the truth. Even if she is lying, don’t crap in your pants cos of that!

• Ibukun

July 20, 2014 at 1:54 am

Bless you.

• Amaka

July 24, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Y give ur self wahala abt what someone’s say their age is am 31 n I look 24 , wht if I tell u I am 25 u ll believe cos I look petite , forgetting pple ” makeup” is not same . My youngest sister is 24 n she looks 28 , my immediate younger is 29 n she look over 30 n my immediate elder brother is 33 n looks like 37 … Nwannam calm down life is too short to bother abt age jor

2. Temi

July 19, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Lol how is she 30.

3. baboushka

July 19, 2014 at 12:23 pm

My problem with people who slash their ages and deny their real ages is that one day you are actually gonna fake turn that age you are denying so what happens then? My colleague turned 40 in June this girl bombarded us with a daily countdown on Facebook a month to the day as in she was counting down the days I have never seen anyone look forward to a birthday like she did and trust me if you did not know her real age you would think she was in her early thirties but she claims her real age and owns it. Look at Tia and Tamera Mowry those girls could pass for 20something year olds but they are 36 own it and love it.

4. Marie Laveau

July 19, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Freda’s 30, toke’s 30, dis one too is 30; women who haven’t bled in years. So um, when do Elohor n Nkiru Anumudu turn 30?

• baboushka

July 19, 2014 at 1:26 pm

You are evil hahahahahahahahahahahahaha best comment ever!!!!

• Abi

July 19, 2014 at 2:25 pm

You are so evuuuuuuulllllllll……My God! I don die!

• nene

July 19, 2014 at 4:21 pm

lmfao

5. Marie Antoinette

July 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Wow! Gbemi is 30??? Happy birthday to her?

6. Vic

July 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Eish she’s also 30?unbelievable

7. Truth

July 19, 2014 at 1:19 pm

LOL!

8. Truth

July 19, 2014 at 1:21 pm

By the way, tiwa has been looking quite tired lately……….or is it the make up? Naaaa, her eyes look kinda tired.

• kay

July 19, 2014 at 3:31 pm

im glad someone else noticed oo, maybe its d weightloss its kinda dragging her face down and taking away the suppleness it once had.

• Kemmie

July 22, 2014 at 5:43 pm

You took words out of my mouth. Exactly my observation.

9. reid

July 19, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Actually,gbemi is 30.#fact#

• Lee

July 19, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Yes she is 30. And has worked for almost 2 decades. Ko easy. It doesn’t even add up

10. mide

July 19, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I think tiwa is preggo plus her make is…wack!

11. mide

July 19, 2014 at 1:36 pm

*make up*

12. Me Now

July 19, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Why would she lie about her age? I know for a fact that Gbemi is 30. She has achieved a lot for her age. Be inspired. Ditch the hate. It ages you. Lol!

• Ibukun

July 20, 2014 at 1:55 am

God bless your reasonable mind.

• truthDiva

July 22, 2014 at 5:31 pm

God Bless you!

13. Steph

July 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Lol why does her age matter? She says she’s 30 so she’s 30!

14. Fashionista

July 19, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I like Tiwa and Toke’s outfits! As for Gbemis age, but she doesn’t look that old now, guys she could be thirty!

15. Idak

July 19, 2014 at 1:59 pm

Not.this boring age talk again. Whatever age she claims o’s what she is. I am more worried by her relatively appalling dress sense,bearing.in mind that her best friend is a designer.
    Most importantly, happy birthday and may your light keep shinning.

• Fashionista

July 19, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Exactly! I am more concerned about how crappy she’s dressed MOST of the time. Meanwhile April by Kunbi who is her best friend is always well turned out. Kunbi help a sister out na?

• Iris

July 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I don’t understand O. People be like “my 80 year old grandmother looks younger than this.” Ehn maybe God blessed your grandmother with excellent genes. Not everybody ages the same way. “She was in school with my friend’s second cousin”. Was your friend’s second cousin perhaps a senior while she was a junior? Let it go abeg.
      Meanwhile this Kunbi girl is a hottie and Tiwa’s outfits have been a little off lately.

16. Bukola

July 19, 2014 at 2:00 pm

People need to take a chill pill, it’s their life.

17. oyetola

July 19, 2014 at 2:14 pm

tiwa’s outfit is lovely but am I d only one who thinks her make up is too much.

18. Mary

July 19, 2014 at 2:47 pm

all of the celebs would be 30 this year, from SashaP, April by Kunbi turned 30 too few months ago, Freida follow, gbemi follow, toke is planning for her 30 too, more 30’s coming. wht ever they tell us, we believe, na their life shaa

19. Ola

July 19, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Tiwa Savage… Please fire ur make up artist or employ one if you do this hideous make up all the time urself. I love you but pls your make up always annoy me. I still love u *kisses*

20. AK

July 19, 2014 at 3:51 pm

WHY CANT TIWA JUST GET IT RIGHT WITH MAKE UP

21. Ada

July 19, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Gbemi 30 Lol
    Biko this babe is in her late 30s biko. What is it with naija celeb slashing their age lol

22. tee

July 19, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Na wa o,fear fear catch me o, Aunty gbemi is 30,hahahah na today.all i know is make yhem go marry nd live uoing ahe for my 1yr old newphew.eben freda wey don fade finish is 30.

• feran

July 19, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I just think it’s life’s frustrations/insecurities that makes pple so hateful. She doesn’t look 30 automatically means she’s lieing about her age abi? All this cyber bullying is just getting irritating. ……….just shows how many unhappy pple there re out there. Well done Gbemi, u have been able to acheive alot at 30.

• Ibukun

July 20, 2014 at 2:09 am

Honestly!

23. harmattanbaby

July 19, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Am I the only one seeing Toke’s double boobs abi na my eye?

• JoanOfArc

July 19, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Her bra is a bit small.

• dinga

July 20, 2014 at 5:58 am

We have seen it ohhhh!!!

24. Anonymous

July 19, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Toolz looks like Donatello > > COWABUNGA!!

• Mimi

July 21, 2014 at 9:33 am

Hahahhahahhahahehehehehehehhohohohohohohhoho my belle oooo!

25. chloe

July 19, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Pls me i go turn 34 but hence forth minus 4 equals to 30.lol this fake celebrities,soon now mama patient goodluck go claim 30 too for politics runs.loool.

26. Modella

July 19, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Buhahahahahj..having a laugh at those grammamamam claiming 30th

27. JoanOfArc

July 19, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Many happy returns to Gbemi, Lilian Unachukwu’s body is amazing.

28. NaijaPikin

July 19, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I’ve known Gbemi since her days in yankee and yes she is 30. She finished secondary school in 2000. It’s crazy how we stay bashing people, insulting people and truly we dont know these people.

I’m proud of all she has accomplished. I still remember how scared she was of moving back to naija and now shes a successful woman. Rather than hate, congratulate.

• nanciejul

July 31, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I thought she was married. She has been silent about her hubby.

29. NINA

July 19, 2014 at 7:27 pm

SHE JUST LOOKS OLD FOR HER AGE…HOW DO U LIE ABOUT UR AGE IN NIJA..WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY CLASSMATES AROUND…

30. aderonke

July 19, 2014 at 7:47 pm

well congrats to her if she is 30. she looks very old and not taken care of. she needs to rest more and maybe go on vacation often, she doesnt even look like she’s lived outside oshogbo let alone lagos. and if indeed Kunbi is your friend, shame on her as she is always looking so great and classy and here you are ……Toke please get a good bra that fits well and Tiwa what’s hapnin to your style? isnt that the DJ in sugar??? toolz please loose weight, your cheeks are like puff puff and improve on your dressing too, i used to look out for your outfits before but u seem to have lost it and is Tunde taking you as his second wife or not? he’d beta not waste your time further.

31. uzo

July 19, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Toke Ayida is always everywhere. Do you have time to cook for your husband?

• teekay

July 19, 2014 at 8:56 pm

lmao at your comment tho….

• Fashionista

July 19, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Lool! Abegi! I’m not everywhere but I don’t cook for my husband. Cooking sucks, hate it with a passion.

• Ibukun

July 20, 2014 at 2:03 am

Is being a wife the same thing as being a cook? let’s even assume it is (cos I won’t be surprised if you’re married and cook is all you do (regardless of if you’re male or female, maybe you are even a house husband) but i digress) so let’s assume being a wife automatically equals being a cook in your world, note that Toke does not live in your world. You are in your world alone. so stop asking silly questions that apply only to your world!

• Stephanie-feld

July 20, 2014 at 5:27 am

Tony & Uzo: Oh I see, when a woman gets married it becomes a taboo for her to go celebrate a friends birthday. Is a man cooking for himself also a taboo in your world. Oops I forgot, this is Nigeria we are talking about were cooking and cleaning is the sole responsibility of the ‘girl child’. That’s the sole purpose of their existence. You have joined folks like Ed Dreamz with his warped mentality on the ‘girl child’.

32. Tony

July 19, 2014 at 9:43 pm

@uzo,don’t mind her,always turning up at every birthday’s event.Toke celebrate your own 30th birthday na……..

33. Mama mia

July 20, 2014 at 12:47 am

Happy birthday Gbemi! If she says she is 30 then she is 30, what’s all the fuss about? In other important news can Tunde please make an honest woman out of Tools already It’s long over due. Tiwa, the very dark lined brows aint “”werking”” for you it”s so 80s and skinny aint always cool just stay healthy…

• dinga

July 20, 2014 at 6:03 am

I was thinking the same: Tunde should propose to Toolz now! Those two look so cute together and their faces compliment each others’. I love them together! Tunde is a good guy, always making effort to be with the girlfriend and taking care of her needs.

• pretty

July 21, 2014 at 9:10 am

u na neva hear? Tools don get another boyfie. Na Audu ooooh….the Chocolate City MASTER

34. Ibukun

July 20, 2014 at 2:08 am

And even if Gbemi is 67 years old, if she wants to claim 25 then 25 it is! get used to it guys and stop being bitter every single time a celebrity birthday comes up on a blog. Leave the matter, we can talk about the clothes, the cake, make up…there’s loads of stuff to talk about, but the ‘my sister went to school with her’ or ‘she was my cousin’s mate in high school’ stories are sickening.

35. Adegold

July 20, 2014 at 5:42 am

Tiwa let me be ur makeup artist biko, I can do more justice to that face of yours.

36. tayo

July 20, 2014 at 11:09 am

Can’t lafffing lolz

37. asa

July 20, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Toke should spend more time with hef husband oh……this is exactly why celeb marriages dont work. They are all up in our faces even when they dont have to. I wonder how she spends time with her husband when she is on instagram and twitter every second….women too get issues.Are women d only celebs in dis country?..why are d men not all up in our faceslike d wome?Exactly why their relationships neva last…..

• chimamanda's Main Squeeze

July 21, 2014 at 5:40 am

OLODO RABATA, KINDLY SHUT IT DOWN!!!

If it was a man now, then it would be okay for him to not be home often.
      OR if Toke was a doctor now, then you’d excuse her “absence” from home. How do you even know she’s not home? Do you live with them???? Did Maje complain to you??? Can a woman not focus on her career and do what she wants??? Next thing, you fools will start pressuring her to have a baby. As if you own her life. I wish people like you would just disappear.

38. abby

July 20, 2014 at 3:04 pm

hmmmmm naija babes and football age ,haba gnemisola olateru olagbegi haba you are not 30 years old pls stop lying and face reality.

39. anonnympos

July 21, 2014 at 10:31 am

Kunbi just clocked 30, Toke is going to be 30 soon fact! so why cant Gbemi be 30? You guys should spend time thinking about making names for yourselves instead of hating. whether you like this people or not, hate them or not. You are noticing them, they are soaring. making money at your expense sef.. so all this energy you chanelling about discussing their lives, hating and noticing stuff spend it on forging ahead with your lives. make hay while the sun shines!
    how many of you have achieved half of what they have or how many of you will be where they are at 30? Think guys and forge ahead,.

40. Mariaah

July 21, 2014 at 10:42 am

Nigerians oo.. The lady says she is 30, so let her be. I can bet my last coin the day I turn 30 and celebrate my 30th a lot of people won’t believe it is my age. I also imagine people from secondary school will appear from no where to counter my age. LOL. Why? Because I was so young when I left secondary school. Right now, I am younger then a lot of my younger sister’s classmates (there wrote junior WAEC while I wrote my SSCE and NECO exams).

I have had a fairly professional job since age 18, travelled about a bit and I know a lot of people like me. Two of my friends whose weddings have been feature here are also young (under 25) but have done well for themselves. I imagine when they clock 30, people will run their mouth. See ehnn, I am angry sef!!

People need to calm their tits down on this age matter abeg.

41. Mariaah

July 21, 2014 at 10:44 am

Meanwhile, who is Adedeji? Very easy on the eyes I must say..

42. sum1special

July 21, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Tiwa has been looking somehow lately, like tired or something cant really place it, her makeup and outfits have been huhh.. Tiwa please get yourself together, i know it is not easy but you need to be on top of your game every time. It comes with the new status.

43. adelegirl

July 21, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I also thought Gbemi was a few years older actually but I thought wrong. I think its because she looks and acts older than her age and has that “wise beyond her years” demeanor that folks have a hard time accepting that she is actually just turning 30. But think about it people, she schooled outside Nigeria, and must not have had the delays typical with the Nigerian education system. She also may have skipped a few years in primary or secondary school. She, like most people who grew up outside the country, probably started her professional career even from her teenage years. I think that it is definitely not far-fetched that she is just 30.

• Obi

July 23, 2014 at 3:25 am

I thought she attended BU with Kunbi? Either graduating class of 2001 or 2002.

• Obi

July 23, 2014 at 3:26 am

I mean started 2001. Most likely grad in 2004 or 2005.

44. YINMU

July 21, 2014 at 2:43 pm

someone says she is successful…..pls and pls…most of these girls you see on bn are all make belivers o, broke asses living a fake life abecause of their fake accents.

• truthDiva

July 22, 2014 at 5:33 pm

You sef come and make us believe you naaa…………………………………………………….NA HARD WORK MY DEAR!!!

45. tatafo!

July 21, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Na wa oh, the hate and lies some of you spew is beyond belief. Gbemi is in fact 30 and she has worked HARD to get to where she is today. Gbemi happy belated birthday!!!

46. Tox

July 21, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Gbemi is 30. We went to the same secondary school…

47. truthDiva

July 22, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Sometimes i wonder what generation i find my self in……All this redio girls have soooo much inspired me……TOOLZ,TOKE,GBEMI,TITI,WANAWANA,JLUV,e.t.c
    I can recall when they first started like 2007,if am correct my bro will call and tell, look at your mate oh they really going places, and we will gist abt them like we know them even before social media started they were all working hard underground, how many TV girls do you know sef?????? This babes are workerholic….ambitious ,goalgetters and definitely Gold Earners. Lastly they all embrace and turn-up to support one another, that is massive….i admire you babes and am working my ass too ,would be 30 nxt year, and grateful to God!….God Bless my Naija Radio Girls…..

• truthDiva

July 22, 2014 at 5:53 pm

*Radio*

48. talker

July 23, 2014 at 9:43 am

Habba!!! Bellanaijarians, not one of you even wished her a Happy birthday… All you went on doing was to diss and call names. Or did she lie about her birth date again????

49. Marvel

July 24, 2014 at 7:46 am

Eya, I feel bad for the young lady. Happy Birthday!
    I was always assumed way older than my age and now I am continually doubted when I tell pips my age. Most black women freeze brown their 30s and 40s so save this picture if you care, and even with 4 children over the next years, with good diet above all, great health, no major illnesses, I believe they will look the same.

50. Marvel

July 24, 2014 at 7:47 am

Which one brought freeze brown into my comment na?

51. olori

August 6, 2014 at 1:05 pm

30 or not am proud of dos ladies#Tiwa shud takie of hersef oh cus she’s luking tired nowadays#