News

Video of Boko Haram Members Decapitating Nigerian Air Force Officer Surfaces

Nigerian Airforce Officer - July 2014 - BN News - BellaNaija.com 01
A Nigerian Air Force Officer named Umar Abubakar was extensively interrogated before being gruesomely killed by members of Islamist militant sect Boko Haram.

In the clip released by Sahara TV, Umar revealed to the sect that he is a member of Section 9 of the Nigerian armed forces engaged in counter-insurgency measures against Boko Haram. He said his monthly pay was N40,000.

“So you were sent to kill Boko Haram? And you are serving the state instead of Allah? We are members of Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati Wal-Jihad and Allah has given us an infidel today. No amount of prayers will save you, we will judge you according to the Quran.” they said.

He was decapitated in Borno. After beheading him, the terrorists held up his head in jubilation.

Viewers’ Discretion is Strongly Advised

1. ao

July 23, 2014 at 1:02 am

What kind of religion is this?

• Anonymous from Boston, USA

July 23, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I agree. Islam is a very deadly totalitarian cult. Not a religion.

• maria

July 23, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I am not a Muslim but i have meet good Muslim this is not about the religion this boko haram are just wicked devious psychopaths who are using religion as a cover up to carry out their evil plans. there are christian who use God name for evil too. Boko Haram are extremists who justify what they do with religion

• cire

July 23, 2014 at 4:51 pm

It is a religion – You can read the following link in it’s holy book where it calls for killing people like this man: thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm
      Many religions have deeply embraced genocide

• Fugu

July 23, 2014 at 6:10 pm

People are so ignorant these boko haram ar being sponsored by christian 2 give bad imaje 2 islam . No muslim hav support their act .If they ar woking 4 islam wy ar they killing muslim nd burning mosque wy

2. el patron

July 23, 2014 at 1:09 am

God have mercy! When its not a goat! Smh! Human being more wicked than a lion! God have mercy!

3. Don pafegs

July 23, 2014 at 1:18 am

Lord Have merry!

4. Don pafegs

July 23, 2014 at 1:18 am

Lord have Mercy!

5. Dreamer

July 23, 2014 at 1:23 am

I can’t…

6. bruno

July 23, 2014 at 1:39 am

All Regions in nigeria must go.

• synonymous

July 25, 2014 at 6:29 pm

its true………..without religion all dis wont b happening………everyone would b one……..
      ….and nigeria….not only nigeria but the world will know peace

• synonymous

July 25, 2014 at 6:34 pm

its true……..without religion, all dis wont b happening……….and until all dis religion is stopped and everybody unites, and become one…………..nigeria…….not only nigeria but the world will never know true peace

7. wowza

July 23, 2014 at 1:47 am

I am in tears right now, it will never be well with these people.

• Anonymous from Boston, USA

July 23, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I am with you. It is very painful of how Islam teaches brutality and evilness.

• Abu_Muslim

September 16, 2014 at 9:29 am

Anonymous or coward! Why. Judgine islam in such way? All the culprint captured in Nigeria were not muslims. And I want u read Steven’s report on this issue befor putting dirty pingers on orthers. Islam never allow such acts and by the way, this man who’s been killed is a muslim how can a good follower of any religion be it Islam or Christianity will kill his fellow brother? Be just befor judgine orthers especially when you nothing or little on orthers religion.

8. Lilydarl

July 23, 2014 at 1:51 am

Lord have mercy, oh my God!

9. SpeakNoEvil

July 23, 2014 at 2:19 am

This is so heartbreaking. I don’t see how anyone can justify killing innocent people in the name of God/Religion. I am sure that no God/Religion sanctions the killing of innocent people, so these people should just stop using religion as a cloak for their bloodlust. This menace of Boko Haram must be handled quickly before it escalates more than it already has.

10. Queen Esther

July 23, 2014 at 2:37 am

Good gracious Lord! Butchered like an animal.. I shouldn’t have watched this video. These people aren’t human at all.. The realisation that this is actually happening in the same world one is living is so scary. God! Just so short of words. Seriously disturbing. May God continue to protect us all..

11. Oláshùpò Mábínúorí (@mabinuori)

July 23, 2014 at 8:06 am

Fear Of Boko Haram: Soldiers Deserting Force – Army chief

The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.- Gen. Kenneth Minimah has revealed that some army personnel have abandoned the force due to the fear of the terrorists group Boko Haram.

Minimah, who gave the warning during a working tour of Lagos and its environs yesterday, condemned the actions of some soldiers who deserted the Force for fear of engaging in battle against the terrorist group Boko Haram.

Minimah said such actions by the soldiers vividly showed that they joined the force for the wrong reasons.

“Sometimes, journalists ask me questions, saying soldiers are deserting their jobs because they don’t want to be killed in the North East. I tell them yes, it is true. Desertion is part of war. A real soldier is known when he is put in the warfront. The one who is not a soldier would run away and abandon his job. Our soldiers are recruited from the Nigerian society and, today, most people are not called to be soldiers, they joined because they are desperately in need of jobs.

“ As long as there is war, there would continue to be desertion and there would continue to be recruitment. Since Alexander The Great, soldiers have been deserting. In the Second World War, there was desertion and even in the Nigerian Civil War, people deserted. It is only in peacetime that you don’t see people deserting. But those who volunteer to fight and defend their nation do not desert; they fight until there is victory.”

12. aisha

July 23, 2014 at 9:20 am

….And all dis greed fools are just concerned about 2015 election when they have not provided solution to the present crisis. This is pure madness, just wish no Nigerians will stand up and decide not to vote! This is xtremely sad and they call their religion, religion of peace! Bloody animals…

13. Ada

July 23, 2014 at 9:24 am

This is too sad. Something should be done to stop this soon.

14. Ruby

July 23, 2014 at 9:57 am

I can’t watch the video but I get the idea from the article. I am a christian and have muslim friends just as I have atheist, traditional worshippers as friends. I respect their religion and opinions. But one thing I find really insulting is people saying we serve the same God. We don’t! This just proves it.
    But the soldiers deserve more than 40,000 a month. Their take home pay should be revised.

15. RO2

July 23, 2014 at 10:21 am

Hi, BN it really baffles me what you intend to achieve by posting this video. I made a comment early this morning but to my surprise it’s been deleted. I just happened to be the first to comment on this graphic video this morning because it’s my routine to go through Nigeria news and media every morning before I start my day job. Terrorist are out there to commit inious crime and create fears, and the aspect you play is using video like this to stimulate fear in people. Pls do not get me wrong I did not say act of terror should not be reported but do not stimulate fear in people because that’s what terrorist wants to achieve., to create fear and makes it difficult for people to live their normal lives. thanks

• Amaka

July 23, 2014 at 10:51 am

LOLZZ..what is this one one about? As if we dont already live in fear. Say this video is not uploaded, are the masses deaf or blind that they don’t see the carnage going on before their eyes? The bomb blasts that kill their friends and relatives? The gunmen that kidnap their daughters and kill their sons? Ogbeni park well for one corner joor

• tufe

July 23, 2014 at 11:23 am

oladipo…..sounds so typical

• Random Yoruba Boy

July 25, 2014 at 10:59 am

At this time, there is need for counter videos not this fear instilling footage….
      This to me, only weakens the morale of the Nigerian people as a whole, not just the Military.
      Have Boko Haram members not been killed by the soldiers…?
      Is it not funny that only shameful insecure wretches will be idle enough to record a killing like this…?
      Using western technology to spread their “hate”message…?
      These BH guys are losers.
      They remind one of school prefects…
      They are just glorying from an inept military and profligate leadership.
      But we must limit the spread of their message and the fear that goes with it.
      Bastards!

• AKEEM

July 26, 2014 at 8:43 pm

If you are checking all Nigeria’s news before going to work, that means you are not a serious dedicated worker. I’ll advise you go back to Nigeria.

16. Bukx

July 23, 2014 at 11:02 am

i will not watch this video. it took me four months to get over Aluu 4, i watched because i was told they were thieves only for the to find out the next day that they were students and of course the news had gone viral.

17. RO2

July 23, 2014 at 11:05 am

sorry was in haste when I made that comment. my spelling error heinous not ‘inious’. my bad.

18. supercute diamond

July 23, 2014 at 11:33 am

Abeg were d video na?

19. Anonymous from Boston, USA

July 23, 2014 at 3:16 pm

The God from Heaven never teaches how to behead. Islam worships a false god, which is allah. Allah is a pagan moon god and that is satan the devil. Not the God from Heaven.

20. TheresaO

July 23, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I just have to respond to Fugu who blames others especially Christians for the menace of Boko Haram. I wonder why you didn’t blame the Zionists too, since you a conspiracy theorist. So it is Christians who are sponsoring Al-Queda and ISIS? It is Christians and Jews who are slaughtering people in Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Iraq, etc. I really pity you, because instead of addressing the fundamentalists among you, you would rather support them by blaming others. One day you will wake up and realise the lies and propaganda you have been fed have come from your own people who care nothing about you. I hope it won’t be too late for you then.

To Umar and all other victims of terrorists, I pray you rest in peace, safe from the fear and lies of this world.

21. Isabel Thalmann

July 24, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Boko haram is just messing with us

22. Zinny

July 25, 2014 at 2:37 am

No one seemed to notice that the young man working as a counter-terrorism agent is being paid 40K a month, for what??? and the ppl who sent him off on the job are living lavish lives……………mtschewww
    What is 40k to do for him in a month? when the sponsors of BH probably provide them with more than that.

• Mad man....

July 25, 2014 at 11:04 am

I have always wondered what Nigerian soldiers do in the barracks when there is no war….
      I mean… What is the quality of life they live, doing what…? Aspiring after what…?
      You give them such a ridiculous amount, give them little to live for and expect them not to harass the citizenry or to run away when asked to face terrorists…?
      Is this how they teach mathematics these days…?

23. Emperor

July 27, 2014 at 4:35 pm

@fugu,from where did you import this your tacky statement,your line of reasoning is very faulty.what in the world will make the Christians to champion Muslim(boko haram) unjustifiable campaign of terror on themselves(Christians).the world knows pretty well that Christians are their prime targets.any Muslims killed in the melee or any mosque raptured by the fragment of the bomb is by mistakes.the Islamic militant leaders had issued their mission statement and they had equally proclaimed to expand their tentacles throughout Nigeria until they bring Nigerian government to their knee and islamize the country with quran serving as its constitution.they have displaced many Christians from northern Nigeria with countless of them killed in the menace.it is not their fault,its Britain whom forcefully amalgamate two different entities that have nothing in common and called it Nigeria

24. pedro

August 25, 2014 at 10:03 pm

This is just the way of suppressing president Goodluck .The people behind this are all this top politicians and ex military officers that are claiming Nigeria to be there family business.
    The can create Hausa kingdom or country no body cares as far as it ends in the north there.