Hey ladies – do you know you can forget the chemicals for a while and go for natural treatments for your hair. Your natural hair appreciates it more, and you wouldn’t need to spend a fortune. You might not even spend at all! Take a look at these at-home treatments.
Their high protein content makes eggs one of the best home remedies for hair growth. They increase the volume in your hair making it look thicker.
Raw eggs are a great treatment for thinning hair and receding hairlines. They also reduce split ends and help de-tangle hair when used as a conditioner.
Here’s how to include eggs as one of your home remedies for hair growth:
- Wash your hair with a good quality shampoo
- Crack 2-3 eggs into a bowl and scramble them
- Cover your hair from root to tips with the egg mixture
Rinse completely after 5 minutes.
Beer has high levels of Vitamin B and natural sugars that build thickness and volume into hair and add sheen.
Here’s how to include it in your routine:
- Use room temperature beer that’s flat
- Apply it as a rinse after you wash out your conditioner
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with plain water
The eggs, vinegar and oil in mayonnaise make sandwiches taste great and also makes it a tasty treat for your hair. Next time you make yourself a sandwich, think about following that up with a deep conditioning.
- Wash your hair and squeeze out the excess water
- Coat it from roots to ends with full fat mayonnaise
- Cover your hair with plastic wrap and allow the mayonnaise to penetrate for 30 minutes
- Rinse well
Avocados are one of the best home remedies for hair growth and make great hair conditioners.
They’re packed with essential fats that are super moisturizing. This leaves your hair feeling softer and more elastic and makes it less prone to breakage.
- Use the avocado after washing your hair with shampoo
- Mash it into a paste with a fork
- Coat your hair with the mashed avocados
- Rinse after 15-20 minutes
Here are a few treatments for both strengthening and maintaining you hair.
Strengthening Hair Mask
– 1/2 Banana
– 1 Egg
– 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
– 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
– 1 tbsp. Honey
– 2 oz. H20
Mix all ingredients in a blender. Apply and leave on for 30 to 45 mins or 15 to 20 mins with a thermal heat cap. Thoroughly rinse out all mixture from hair, wash with shampoo, condition and do a final rinse with cool water to close the hair cuticle and to seal in the moisture.
General Maintenance Hair Mask
– 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
– 1 Egg
– 2 tbsp. Honey
– 1 oz. H20
Mix all ingredients in blender. Apply and leave on for 30 to 45 mins or 15 to 20 mins with thermal heat cap. Thoroughly rinse out all mixture from hair, wash with shampoo, condition and do a final rinse with cool water close the hair cuticle to seal in the moisture.
Photo Credit: Dreamstime