News

Pastor Adeboye Defends CAN President Oritsejafor over $9.3 Million Arms Deal Scandal

Adeboye NEW BellaNaija

General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Adeboye, is speaking out in defense of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) president,  Ayo Oritsejafor.

Ever since it was revealed that Oritsejafor’s private jet was used to transport $9.3 million to South Africa for the controversial arms deal, he has come under heavy criticism from many, including Household of God Pastor, Chris Okotie.

In a statement posted today on his Facebook page, Adeboye defends Oritsejafor:

Adeboye and Oritsejaforadeboye2

1. KDOT

October 20, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Pastor EA Adeboye, you vouching is not the right thing to2 do. Are you indirectly calling Pastor Okotie a fake pastor? Because of what Adeboye benefits from the Goodluck administration, , speaks in favor of one of it’s own and hides from the truth, In your so called redeem, I was bounced at your church gate due to my dressing, Not like I was dressed poorly but the normal jeans and tshirt. A couple came after me and the ushers allowed the couple to get in….Shame on redeem

• Samson

October 20, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Not sure why you got kicked out of the church, and I really don’t think anyone should ever be kicked out of the church irrespective of their choice of clothing. Pastor Adeboye hasn’t benefited anything from Jonathan’s administration contrary to what you’ve heard. Yes, he officiated his daughter’s wedding in Aso rock or wherever, watching the video clips really opened my eyes to why God really wanted him there, that was the first wedding I saw that an altar call was made, the simple fact that people gave their lives to christ at that wedding is enough reason for me to know that God wanted him there. God bless you.

• Rei

October 20, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Then you haven;t seen nothing.. don’t say things out of your world.. the fact that you avn’t seen it before doesn’t mean it has never happened.. Let face the truth

• DanIboro

November 20, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Reason on what the man of God clearly says before accusing or criticizing unnecessary. If Adeboye vouches or not,that’s personal but He is sayin the truth about scriptures when he says “touch not my anointed.” He never said Okotie is a fake pastor. Don’t wrongly accuse. God still stries ppl and stops breath. Be warned!

2. O~Intuition!

October 20, 2014 at 6:06 pm

SMH

3. NaijaPikin

October 20, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Sigh. It is clear birds of the same feather flock together. How won’t he vouch for him. Rubbish!!

4. heha

October 20, 2014 at 6:46 pm

only God can vouch for anyone and say what happened and who had knowledge of what. i respect pastor adeboye but this is ridiculous. and saying you cant attack another pastor is the reason pastors go around swimming in iniquity because they think no one will judge them. just ridiculous

5. bruno

October 20, 2014 at 7:04 pm

What the hell is a ‘man of god’ biko somebody explain to us. mr daddy in lord, or whatever u call ur self,u can not use that title to bobo us. nonsense

6. [email protected]

October 20, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Between. Pst Adeboye and ps chris okotie’s comments. You should be able to draw knowledge of what the work of God is about. I can’t even point fingers at Pst okoties’ conduct both in the past and now. Leave The matter for god to judge. As per the Pst Oristejafor’s jet case. Let proper investigations be done. Simple. No need to take opportunity of the situation like you were waiting for it to happen. Go point fingers at currupt politicians if you want something doing. #ToWhomItMayConcern. Arem Hew Couture

7. Thatgidigirl

October 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I’m disappointed that he would even be involved in something as messy as this. Innocent or not, some things are better not said….especially with election around the corner.

8. loveth

October 20, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I think God knows best but d law will fine out what is hinden right

9. Queen 1

October 20, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Only God know who truely serves Him.

10. Queen 1

October 20, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Only God knows who truely serves Him.

11. Shadie

October 20, 2014 at 8:55 pm

God also said, only men of integrity sent by God, speaking with Christ power, with God’s eyes upon them are anointed by him and not like these hucksters and they are many of them whose idea in getting out the Gospel is to make a good living for themselves at the expense and souls of their congregations.

12. Laolu

October 20, 2014 at 9:41 pm

we all know that this was a plot to get back at the northerners and Muslims…everything else is smooth talking bullshit to cover up their tracks.

13. lala

October 20, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Cricket. I guess it takes one thief to defend the other. BN, you guys had better not delete my comment.

14. Teachthetruth

October 21, 2014 at 4:58 am

2 Peter 2:1-3 “But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.”

Matt 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, BUT THE ONE WHO DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS.’

1 Timothy 3:1-5″The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2 Therefore an overseer[a] must be above reproach, the husband of one wife,[b] sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, NOT A LOVER OF MONEY. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church?”

-Praying that The Lord Jesus Christ would raise up men and women in Nigeria, who would preach and teach the truth. Way too much falsehood and heresies and we are really knowing them by their fruit.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 21, 2014 at 11:07 am

I tell you the truth, dear commenter, that this very verse of scripture in Matt 7:21-23 –

– is a part of the Bible which literally puts the fear of God in me whenever I read it. That’s one of the greatest warnings about the type of yardstick which is being prepared to measure us as Christians.

15. Shergunbrown

October 21, 2014 at 6:57 am

Was it pastor adeboye that bounced u?, dr is always poor administration in evri chrch.. Even david found it hard to kill saul even tho saul was after his life because saul was annointed by God.. “Do not touch the annointed and do his prophets no harm”..

• kdot

October 21, 2014 at 5:05 pm

religious fanatic

16. Austine

October 21, 2014 at 7:35 am

RIGHTLY SAID BIRDS OF SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.
    THEY ARE ALL BUT COMMON THIEVES WHO HAVE USED BIBLE TO ROB FROM THE MASSES (ARMED-BIBLE ROBBERS)
    I HAVE PROPHECIED BOOM FOR ALL INVOLVED IN THIS ACT OF ARMED-BIBLE RUBBERY.

LIKE I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IN MY WRITE UPS, THERE END SHALL BE DISGRACEFUL. THE WILL LEAVE WITHOUT BEING EXPOSED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

I HAVE ALSO PREDICTED A BLOODY RELIGIOUS. REVOLUTION AND RELIGIOUS DIATRIBES AMONGST THEM. AND FUNNY ENOUGH MY PREDICATIONS ARE FAST COMING TO REALITY. hahaha.

I KNOW MANY WOULD QUICKLY REACT TO MY POST AS BLASPHEMY, I WOULDN’T BE SUPRISE, BECAUSE MANY NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS ARE ALREADY BRAINWASHED, HOODWINKED, MANIPULATED, HYPNOTISED AND PSY OPS TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY ARE READY TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR THIS (ARMED- BIBLE ROBBERS).

GRADUALLY, I SAY THEY SHALL ALL BE EXPOSED ONE AFTER ANOTHER.

17. mrs chidukane

October 21, 2014 at 7:40 am

Is that really his Facebook page?

• O ma se

October 21, 2014 at 8:19 am

My sister, thank you oo. What proof have we that the page is really his? Were you there when he created it? Everyone knows that people create pages for celebrities all the time. Heck, Facebook’s Sign Up page has a link for creating pages for celebrities. Let’s have a test run. Type ‘Pastor E. A. Adeboye’ into Facebook’s search engine and see how many results you get. *sigh*

Dear BN, I realise that you are thirsty for views, and I understand that. Really, I do. It’s a competitive industry and no one wants to lose their market share. However, stooping so low to create news where there is none is beneath you. This piece of crap you put together just shows that I can’t trust whatever you post. Please feel free to exercise your authority by not posting my comment. It wouldn’t be the first time. ‘Inspired!’ indeed.

Signed,
      A 20-year old former BN lover.

• Moremi Amuta

October 21, 2014 at 9:59 am

The Facebook page is Pastor Adeboye’s verified account. We linked to it in the post, but in case you missed it, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/PastorEAAdeboye?fref=ts Thank You.

• Idomagirl

October 21, 2014 at 10:51 am

That’s his verified Facebook page. I recall him thanking people when he got over a million likes or so. You have just done what you accused BN of doing, you should have verified before posting.

• vi

October 21, 2014 at 9:39 am

My thoughts exactly. People manage his social media affairs for him so someone may have possibly gone on to write this because there has been cases not as worse as this that got no reaction from pastor Adeboye so why now? But i expect also that he checks always to see what people are posting or writing on his behalf. I respect this man of God.

18. benny

October 21, 2014 at 10:26 am

Do you people really think people with private jets don’t rent them out or this is just eagerness to rope in this event as evidence for your hate? Just leaving a private jet in the hanger requires daily maintenance. Most people lease theirs. Why are we refusing to accept that he leased his? Will accepting that ayo oritsejafor leased his private jet like most people who own PJ’s do, defeat the need to fault their every breathe? How difficult is it to understand that ppl lease stuff out?

• Ikudeti

October 31, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Benny or benji i can now see you r part of them,i pray your great grand children don’t suffer much like we,let call a spade a spade this so called pastors r part of them….

19. Idomagirl

October 21, 2014 at 10:56 am

“Touch not my anointed”. I’m still waiting for Nigerians to tell us who is truly God’s anointed, abi all it takes is to call yourself ‘pastor’.

‘A pastor cannot attack another pastor’. Was he subbing Kris Okotie? Either way I’m not particularly surprised, he and Oritsejafor are super close to Jonathan….

20. Wierd

October 25, 2014 at 7:20 pm

For some reason,I do not believe Pastor Adeboye wrote this.