Style

LDA & Vlisco Collaborate! Watch the Designer talk her Passion for Fashion in “A Moment with Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi”

Vlisco A Moment with Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi - BellaNaija - November 2014002

Nigerian womenswear brand Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi (LDA) has made many strides this year. From showing at Vogue Talents 2014 in Italy to releasing a fabulous new collection – “Rock Delight” – it’s been quite a 2014.

Now, she has collaborated with Dutch Wax brand Vlisco to create a 2 fabulous pieces – one for their “Splendeur” collection pictured below and the other for winner of the Vlisco Limited Edition promotion.

Vlisco A Moment with Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi - BellaNaija - November 2014Vlisco A Moment with Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi - BellaNaija - November 2014003Vlisco A Moment with Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi - BellaNaija - November 2014001

The dress created for the “Splendeur” collection is an elaborate long evening dress while the limited edition dress is mid-length and perfect for the festive season.

The brand also had a sit down with the Creative Director of the eponymous label LDA, to discuss her passion for fashion and her goals for the future.

Watch the 3-part interview below tagged “A Moment with Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi“.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Photo Credit: V-Inspired.vlisco.com | @LDACouture (Instagram)

1. @edDREAMZ

November 20, 2014 at 5:33 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I would love to take a peak but am saving my megabyte…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. Mama

November 20, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Please can these so called designers take a course in Public speaking?? She does not sound inspiring at all and the interview lacks passion.
    She is a good designer none-the-less, but plzzzzzz that outfit besides her in the video looks so ugly like an apron for a maid.

Bella 9ja… you always screen my critical comments so better post this one… I have a right to my views

3. Tenga Davies

November 20, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Lanre Da Silva tickles my fashion bone every time T. She is one of the few Nigerians that can truly lay claim to the label’Fashion Designer’. She has evolved over the years and her collections would work any side of the ocean. I am yet to see a piece of hers that was badly finished. Her work is inspired and I applaud her for staying true to her calling.

4. Tomi

November 21, 2014 at 12:26 am

Too much “ermmmh”!!! Even before she said her name….”ermmh”. Even before said ermh, she said “ermmh”!! So bloody distracting from whatever information she was struggling to pass on.

5. lindo

November 21, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I love her her outfit, this woman has been on everyone’s faces since the LFDW , kudos to her marketing strategy..from football vs fashion..although i am not really a fan of the competitive football and fashion talk, I feel it’s more like looking for attention real bad but then back to this video..partnering with Vlisco is very cool, tbh..I have seen better clothes for the Vlisco advert than Lanre Da Silva’s so called evening wear for Vlisco, even the short dress looks somehow. #myopinion

6. favour

March 21, 2015 at 1:06 pm

i love lanre,she is my inspiration towards fashion################one word for her”she is above medocre.