Relationships

It’s a Boy! Yomi & Liz John Black Announce They Are Having their First Child!

Yomi Black 2Photographer and filmmaker, Yomi Black and his Bridal entrepreneur wife Liz John Black have announced the good news that they are expecting their first child, a baby boy.

The couple who got married in 2012 (click here if you missed it) have been on our radar and we even got a chance to catch up with them a year after their wedding (click here if you missed it).

We are certainly excited for the couple.

Liz John shared a sonogram on Instagram and captioned, ‘So Yomi and I are having a Boy. Thought to share this gift with you all…Thank You Lord for everything, my joy and happiness knows no bounds… #babyboy #itsaboy #ultrasoundscan #impregnant #pregnancy #motherhood #baby #babies #newlife #overjoyed’

Yomi Black

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. oy

February 3, 2015 at 10:49 am

…cool… but why not take your private life off the internet

• Na wa

February 3, 2015 at 11:06 am

Biko help me ask o!!!

2. concerned

February 3, 2015 at 10:56 am

Not sure that I would post a picture of my sonogram on IG: I’m still conservative that way. Still, congrats and I wish you guys a safe delivery (can you say I wish you “a safe delivery”?) Anyway, all the best, guys

3. SmilingMist

February 3, 2015 at 10:58 am

Aww, I am so happy for this couple. Congrats to them. May God grant all TTC couple their heart desires

4. bby

February 3, 2015 at 11:11 am

I can understand the excitement of being a parent… you cant conceal pregnancy so why not let it announce itself as at when due? a sonogram- that’s revealing too much! congrats all the same.

5. philip onye ochi

February 3, 2015 at 11:41 am

Isn’t this too much privacy on d world wide web? Some of us end up blaming d media for witch-hunting us when we have inadvertently licensed them to do so. Overjoyed…yes, but this sonogram mabaanu! Were ya nwayoooo

6. mrs chidukane

February 3, 2015 at 11:49 am

I’m happy for them oh! Congrats

7. Mizzy

February 3, 2015 at 11:51 am

wts d need of showing d sonogram? safe delivery n congrats

8. Ewa

February 3, 2015 at 11:51 am

Congrats on the new good news. Too much information now on social media.

9. Fre

February 3, 2015 at 12:43 pm

TMI
    Congrats.
    Lol @ leg, boy, leg

10. tish

February 3, 2015 at 12:53 pm

If you follow her on IG, you’ll know that, sometimes, she tends to give away too much info. Maybe it’s just her personality.
    Praise God for your bundle of joy. Congrats!

11. chai chai diaris Goduuu

February 3, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Hmmm. too much info. Talking from experience, not everyone is happy for you. Like someone said here, why not allow pregnancy announce itself? So you feel the world really want to know you have just done your 20weeks scan and its a boy. Who really cares? I pray that the Lord will build His edge of protection around you and your baby. Not fair on the poor child sha. You may announce pregnancy but there was absolutely no need for the scan picture biko!

• kaya

February 3, 2015 at 11:31 pm

16wk4days scan to be exact…

12. Call Me Gorgeous..

February 3, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Madam Liz Black, i know you are excited but please you need to handle sensitive matters like this with WISDOM oh….
    This is Africa don’t you forget that….
    A word is always enough for the wise!
    Congrats and the Lord will see you through this incredible journey….

• Fatimah

February 3, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Lmaoo at “this is Africa”. Awon aiye lori Insta 🙂

13. chica

February 3, 2015 at 3:44 pm

All the plenty meaningless hash tags…lol

14. chica

February 3, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Congrats.God bless una.Amen

15. NaijaPikin

February 3, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Chai Chai and Call me gorgeous abeg shift jare. That you believe in evil spirits eating babies in naija doesn’t mean everyone else does.

Her baby boy is already blessed. So nothing anyone in naija or in china does can affect a baby blessed by God. So all of una can just shift with your superstitious things. Always so negative.

Liz and Yomi congratulations. You shared your wedding with us, and we pray blessing into it. You have shared your baby news with us, we will also pray blessings into your life. Afterall na goodnews so #Godwin

• i no send

February 3, 2015 at 6:59 pm

is that you liz?..if so e ka bo

16. AB

February 3, 2015 at 5:19 pm

whilst I am soo happy for this couple, putting this up on a social network is a tad much for me..May be cause I am as private as hell, but Mba nu….Congrats all the same!

17. NaijaPikin

February 3, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Be there asking silly questions…….I’ve been posting on BN since forever. But even if i was liz and then what? Doesn’t change the fact that naija pple can be silly with the whole hiding baby thing. It’s not that serious.

That someone might not be happy for me if not a valid reason to hide my joy and blessings from God. If I worried about people all the time, do you know all the things i would have failed to accomplish?

Be true to yourself. Her and her husband are fine with it, its their decision to make not yours.

• Lagos is my home

February 4, 2015 at 6:09 am

If u r a mother u would know it takes a second for something to go wrong during pregnancy or delivery. Only a foolish person would post a sonogram on social media . Not just because of awon aiye or evil spirit , it’s just too personal and pregnancy is very delicate . She needs to be wise

• NaijaPikin

February 5, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Everyday of our loves, there’s a possibility that something can go wrong. But if we let the fear of something going wrong paralyze our lives, then we fail to truly live.

It might not be your preference, but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with sharing you are pregnant.

18. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

February 3, 2015 at 9:53 pm

I am so happy for this pair. Can’t wait to see the baby pictures. congrats