Relationships

Do you agree? Rapper Trina Says Being the Side Chick Means You are not Confident in Yourself to be #1

TrinaAmerican rapper Trina had a chat with Tim Westwood on The Tim Westwood Show to talk about her upcoming album, her new endorsements and more.

Somehow the conversation started to flow in the direction of her having dated French Montana when he started dating Khloe Kardashian.

Tim Westwood asked a lot of questions and she had some interesting answers. Read excerpts from her interview below:

On Her Relationship with French Being Flawed and Moving On: I didn’t think [it was perfect]. It’s always the other people that think so, sometimes you don’t think that yourself. It’s always the outside looking in that thinks that should be the perfect thing. Sometimes you’re on the inside and you don’t really see it like that. I’m not really ever stuck in a difficult situation. I know what works for me and what doesn’t work for me. If something doesn’t feel good, I always find my way out of the situation and keep it moving. I’m not a grudge holder or a negative person.

On Possibly Getting Played by the Kardashians: Well, you know how they say, ‘Rats love to sneak up and eat the cheese.’  That’s what happens. But f**k it, life goes so far on. Cuz, I gets more and more cheddar.

On Having Respect for Wayne but Refusing to Be another Babymother: That’s a different story. But Wayne is amazing, he is a great guy and a great friend of mine. [I didn’t want to be another babymother]. I did not want to be and I was not going to be and that is why I’m not. I’m not with the babymother circle of circle of circle of things. That could be a reality show. I don’t want to be a part of it. I think for me, I want to have a baby but I want it to be with a husband. Not with just a guy and it’s random and you never know what happened and it just don’t work out and then you’re just another baby mother.

On Not Being Able to Get with the Sidechick Life: I don’t do casual [relationships]. I don’t do sidekick, I don’t do second. Or nothing. I don’t do anything. I don’t do hide in the closet, none of that. No basics over here. To me, the side[chick] meaning you’re not confident enough in yourself to feel like you are worth being the main. The wife. Number one.  The it- the live-in. The ‘say we together.’ You’re not hiding [me]. All of this? I’m not hiding- no. I need to be front and center, where you can see. I’m proud of myself, I’m very comfortable. You should be more excited that you’re with me, more than anything. So there is definitely no sidekick, there is definitely no hiding, none of that. The sidekick is not winning… basic b*tches- no, we don’t do that. There are some basic guys too. Like guys- now girls have side dudes. And if you’re a side dude- that’s not it.

On Dating Someone Now: Can’t really say the name, keep the name really secret because that will just blow up everything but it’s just a good person, a good energy.

Watch her interview below:

1. Warizdiz

May 15, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Dis topic is over flogged. BN you should do better. Other blogs are on fire. Next!!!

2. Rt

May 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Gbam!!!i Ditto((my comment base on the headline tho)

3. ruth

May 15, 2015 at 10:44 pm

i like her responses though, i feel like its important to know what you want, and to not lower your standards for anybody. if you’re in a relationship with a guy he should be proud and happy to be with you and vice-versa too.

4. Ladybird93

May 15, 2015 at 10:47 pm

I agree with her on the side chicks issue…side chicks who choose to stay with married men are simply immature, insecure and UNFORTUNATE. They don’t really understand what they are doing and the consequences… so they go ahead to fulfill their foolish and empty desires.

• IfyAn

May 16, 2015 at 11:44 am

Should I say supported or love this.

nairausd.blogspot.com For Dollar To Naira echange

5. @edDREAMZ

May 15, 2015 at 11:03 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    Be lying to urself… See as she dey here for form gud gal… All na promotion shah…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

6. Tosin

May 16, 2015 at 8:27 am

she should try short hair.

7. lady

May 16, 2015 at 9:40 am

Do you really take for granted that side chicks are all in this condition by choice of their own. Some are and many did not choose to be in that position, but were manipulated and skilfully placed there.

Also, nobody knows the place one has in somebody’s heart. You could be married and be number two to your hubby, while the mistress is number one. So many women are wiping tears in an unloved, unconsumed marriage, but pretend to be the happiest.

• Ada Nnewi

May 16, 2015 at 3:43 pm

You must be a side chick

• Nahum

May 16, 2015 at 6:56 pm

OH PLEASE!!!! This is the lie that side chicks tell themselves in order to convince themselves that they are not terrible people. Sorry but if anyone can manipulate you into a side chick relationship, then you are STUPID AS HELL!!! You deserve second place for your stupidity. Second, when a man chooses a wife, he knows what he wants in a life partner and the side chick ain’t it. He can sleep with you and buy you things and tell you crap about his wife, but guess what, you are not even worthy to be his next of kin…..think about that.

Now men who cheat are a**holes but we women should hold ourselves to higher standards. Enough of the excuses!

• Manny

May 16, 2015 at 9:05 pm

ada nnewi and tito. in your small brains, she has to be a side chick to make an observation abi. You have to have a degree in computer science to use the internet too abi?

• Jasmine

May 17, 2015 at 1:12 am

Must be a sidea chick to believe these. Wife if still a wife and not divorced yet is always #1 until split. Ever wonder why some cheat but never leave their wives? Because side chick is replaceable but never #1 …

8. Tito

May 16, 2015 at 3:37 pm

@ lady u r obviously a side chick if not y say this. If he’s not happy he should get a divorce and go with the other lady. Men like to eat their cake and have it.

9. omalichaspeaks.com

May 16, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Sounds like a really smart woman. I like the way she responded to the questions.
    The Wife Vs The Side Chic – click my name to read more and share your thoughts.

10. miss

May 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm

@lady, u re sooo a side-chick.Pls for ur own good change and get some wisdom

11. PleaseDontKillMe*lol*

May 19, 2015 at 10:00 am

You know it’s funny how the heart and body works… Sometimes you know someone is in a relationship or married but you two are just attracted to each other. We all know its not a good thing but lets be honest it happens to the best of us. So not all side chicks mean evil… And pppsshhhhh please being a side chick doesn’t mean you don’t have confidence *side eye*
    OH I’M MARRIED BY THE WAY 🙂