Style

Avant Garde! See New Fashion label Eyola’s Capsule Collection – “Ruomra Tighl Octette”

Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015002

Presenting the first collection from new fashion label Eyola.

The brand presents intriguing pieces in its debut collection which each take the form of Octettes – a process whereby each piece is comprised of eight individually crafted and distant designs, each with its own personality.

The collection name – “Ruomra Tighl” is gotten from spelling “Armour” of “Light” backwards.

See the interesting collection below and share your thoughts.

Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015003 Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015005 Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015007 Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015006 Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015004 Eyola’s Capsule Collection - Bellanaija - May2015009

Photo Credit
Photographer, Stylist & Art Director: Eyola
Hair & Makeup Artist: Omalicha Makeovers
Models: Abisola, Debby & Precious
Photoshoot Assistant: Pedro

1. Christian Sister

May 19, 2015 at 7:37 pm

This is hideous. Lord have mercy!

2. bruno FIERCE

May 19, 2015 at 8:19 pm

how can this be avant garde.

very cliché, doesnt look modern neither does it look fresh. zero taste.very costumey. I don’t even know what I’m looking at. what is this?

I am still waiting for a nigerian designer who will wow me. who will go all out, with many pieces, designs and patterns and just blow me away.

everybody in the nigerian fashion industry is just so basic. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD WAKE UP, THIS IS FASHION, THERE ARE NO RULES, U CAN DO WHAT EVER YOU LIKE.

I am tired of preaching.

• Philip

May 19, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Become what you want to see

3. glow

May 19, 2015 at 8:52 pm

This is a joke right?,
    Why on earth would I want to buy a “wedding dress” from this designer after seeing this pictures? Ok, maybe for a costume-themed wedding sha. Even the model was overtly photoshopped….

4. Mizzy

May 19, 2015 at 10:34 pm

All I c r really hideous n ugly clothes n overly photoshopped pictures

5. Markchercy

May 20, 2015 at 1:36 am

This I felt was quite a distinguished piece. Looks to me like alot of work was put into it. I will give it to the designer. As a designer I think Its a really unique piece!

6. lovelyme

May 20, 2015 at 8:20 am

One word #yuck

7. Nkiru

May 20, 2015 at 9:14 am

Lolsssssss! Abeg ooo, I no dey wear even if you dash me! I have no love for these designs. I encourage you to go back to your design sheet and be inspired more!

8. deb

May 20, 2015 at 9:55 am

some of the dresses remind me of dem scary nollywood costumes… no offence to the designer’s efforts, but i can’t deal.

9. Ibinabo

May 20, 2015 at 11:22 am

Avant Garde?! .. “avant-garde (from French, “advance guard” or “vanguard”, literally “fore-guard” are people or works that are EXPERIMENTAL or INNOVATIVE, particularly WITH RESPECT to art, culture,…. The avant-garde is considered to be a HALLMARK of modernism, as distinct…”

Please, let use words appropriately.

10. Agatha

May 20, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Dear designer, I like the skill set shown and effort put into making and creating your pieces. Your flaw here would be putting these pieces under the avant garde category, I would suggest they go better under the costume category and would better suit the runway. My advice, please carry out a proper research, on everything ( market,environment, genre, etc), if you have to go public so you wouldn’t be found wanting in more places than one. People there is constructive criticism and then there is plain meanness…be careful with your words, they can either make or break.

11. tinuke

May 23, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Wow. This work is amazing! Truly divine and a breath of fresh air clearly these comments are based on unworldly narrow minded people with serious no taste in style oh! A beg if you no want the clothes for free I go happily take them. BEAUTIFUL and definitely the audience commenting here are not style or fashion educated and you no go fit afford them anyway! LOVELY WORK! I deh speak truth abeg!

12. cross

May 23, 2015 at 8:08 pm

The uniqueness of this designer is absolutely beautiful. great creative work of art in this dresses. nice work.

13. Fisayo

May 23, 2015 at 9:48 pm

The designer is bold enough to come out with something new like never before. this is really beautiful and lovely to behold.

14. jenni

May 23, 2015 at 9:54 pm

nice

15. Rosa

May 23, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I actually really like these pieces. If you look at what people de wear on those red carpets like Beyonce and rihanna then this is for sure in that category.

16. Tayo

May 23, 2015 at 11:11 pm

Wow. what a great look. pure and new design. hope this can stand the sound of time. upcoming designers need to learn one or two things from this lovely work of creation.

17. Blessing from Oyo state

May 24, 2015 at 12:22 am

As they say in Jand, tasteful and elegant. I googled Eyola and I saw that Destinys child wore one of her chlothes. I think this babe is big oh. good to see our Nija babes making it big across the world. #supportnijababes

18. Abisola

May 24, 2015 at 1:39 am

funny reading all these comments. I have been reading about dis designer for years now and this is a designer who has been in vogue and has had celebrities wear her sturves! I dont think these clothes are for everyday wearing but more for special events and the rich people. do I like dem YES- the truth is can most of us afford them no!

19. Chika from Abuja

May 27, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I really think people should not be making comments about something they know nothing about, most people have never see fashion from another point. fashion go beyond what we see in our everyday life. fashion is imagination, if u can imagine it, u can create it. this designer should be commend for this art of boldness.

20. faith

May 28, 2015 at 1:25 pm

This is really nice and beautiful. Great work.

21. Trendy