News

He Made It! Davido is Officially a Graduate

Davido Graduate
Success feels great. Just ask Davido.

The Nigerian music superstar is officially a graduate from Babcock University‘s music department. And he is beaming with joy.

The 22-year-old “Omo Baba Olowo” signed on to pursue a degree, all while touring various cities across Nigeria, as well as presenting us with hit after hit, and recording his album.

After the news of his graduation went viral, he took to social media to correct reports that claim he achieved a first class in his degree. “I did not graduate with FIRST CLASS…But SECOND CLASS Yes!,” he said.

His sister Sharon Adeleke expecting another child, as well as his friends B-Red, Don Jazzy, Reekado Banks, Papa Omisore and Adewale Adeleke were present at the ceremony to support him.
Davido Graduate 01Davido Graduate 03

Davido Graduate 04

Davido Graduate 05

Photo Credit: Instagram | Twitter

1. Those who know know.

June 8, 2015 at 3:07 am

I feel bad for those who really want to go to school, but can’t. David you know you did not EARN this degree. But o well like you said you fulfilled your family. They wanted a degree and picture. They got it.

• Hmmmm

June 8, 2015 at 6:35 am

You read my mind. I felt like someone like him would study abroad if he really wanted to study hard and earn a degree but what do I know…… Congrats!

• Newyorker

June 8, 2015 at 7:24 am

Lmao! U have said it all but folks will think someone is hating. I heard the University he attended doesn’t ve a music lab or whatsoever. True be told, he did it for his FAM because if it was here he decided to attend school, he wouldn’t dare take out loan and attend music school I DON’T care how OBO his FAM is mtcheww.. Gone are d days U study BS in school & don’t ve a great Job. If even the music pays off, maybe way later not ASAP!!! Even a scum bag can tell he didn’t break a chalk #Justmy2cent#

2. T

June 8, 2015 at 3:08 am

I don’t think we Nigerians are stupid enough to believe this boy went to classes.

3. Tea

June 8, 2015 at 3:10 am

Nawa o there isn’t even a music department in Babcock. ?☕️

4. ATL's finest

June 8, 2015 at 3:11 am

Yawn!! Just woke up & I’m here for comments.. BTW, kudos to him

5. U

June 8, 2015 at 3:12 am

Big ups to those who have the money to PAY the way. Three gbosa for OBO family!

• o

June 8, 2015 at 6:54 am

Easy on d beef abeg!!! Only you; T, Tea and U…..na wa

• Newyorker

June 8, 2015 at 7:27 am

Ain’t no one beefing ! Everyone is speaking the damm truth.. Just because a degree was giving to him doesn’t make him a graduate. #weallknowthedrill#

• The Don

June 10, 2018 at 8:54 pm

I am laughing my f**king a– off every time I see this on social media. This Davido graduation actually was inspired by me after hundreds of his fan descended on me on Youtube for condemning his music – Tittled – Aye “This s–t is wack……….Put on some better attitude Davido you bigger than this kind of song. This is crap.” After so much back and front beefing, I later take it into education while is fans take it into money and music. In a nutshell, the next surprising thing I see is that Davido is now a graduate without term papers, assignments, grades, GPA’s, class attendance, registrations, team mates and projects and many more that one can use to defend their degree. Here is the link to that inspiration and resolution.

6. Self-Suficient

June 8, 2015 at 3:18 am

Congratulations!!! The limit is beyond the skies.

7. *curious*

June 8, 2015 at 5:17 am

Aww..my aburo in my head. All glory to God.

8. Taiwo

June 8, 2015 at 6:31 am

I’m soo glad it’s obvious what went don here, Naija when will all this change .. It is good to have money sha

• Lilo

June 8, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Please shut up! Thus is sad but it happens everywhere in the world. I schooled in Canada and I know people who graduated with me that never attended classes. They paid professors for grades, and paid for their degrees too! I told my friend in shock and he laughed at my shock and said it happens everywhere. Corruption is sad, but let me tell you, it happens everywhere.

• Bee

June 9, 2015 at 2:16 am

Hmmmmmm please which school in Canada is that???? I schooled in Canada as well,and I find this very hard to believe. Let’s talk please

• Exq

June 10, 2015 at 9:50 pm

LILO,
      You’re right!! I so believe you. It’s common in many Toronto Universities. I’m sure it happens everywhere too, not just Canada.

9. Olori Tari

June 8, 2015 at 7:21 am

CONGRATULATIONS. ?

10. bruno FIERCE

June 8, 2015 at 7:52 am

this boy that doesn’t know how to spell.

• Zee

June 8, 2015 at 9:12 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Pots and kettles. You are the blacker of the two..

11. Blackjack

June 8, 2015 at 8:01 am

Shocked he did not get a first class, when your father owns the school in Nigeria, you can do what you want. This boy hardly went to school and he is out with a 2.1. We ask for change in this country but we as citizens are not ready to be the change that is required. It starts with things as little as this .

12. T

June 8, 2015 at 8:04 am

@O ah madam/oga there is no beef coming from me. I am only stating the truth. If I was insulting him now it would be another thing.

I like the new fonts btw.

• Fifi

June 8, 2015 at 11:00 am

U replied under 3 names we know cuz each dp is assigned to one email address

• Dancing Queen

June 8, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Lol smh

13. le coco

June 8, 2015 at 8:04 am

Congrats to him.. he is nt the first attist to go to skool.. so it is entirely possible… but I jst dnt c how the school wld allow such. You create a whole new department for one boy? Is it cus he is famous? A whole new department means paying staff ,professors etc.. all for one kid hu is barely in school? Ok oo.. lemme contine sipping my tea..

• teekay

June 8, 2015 at 8:59 am

oh well the department might have been in existence but not student applied for such course.. all i would say is, if he had gone to a school abroad then i know his certificate is deserving

• Lilo

June 8, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Even if he had gone to school abroad, it wouldn’t mean his certificate is “deserving”. I went to University in Canada, and in some of the so called best schools, I know Canadians, and other nationalities who paid for their degrees. If you think corruption exists just in Nigeria, (like I once thought); you have A LOT to learn.

14. le coco

June 8, 2015 at 8:05 am

Continue*

15. ACE

June 8, 2015 at 8:10 am

Congrats!!! But what time did u attend lectures and write exams or even read your books???? Do even have a note book or text or any form of book at all??? It’s well. I had respect for babcock before, now am not so sure…

16. Miss_Flygerian

June 8, 2015 at 8:39 am

Second class is either 2:1 or 2:2. Why didn’t he specify which?

• setradancy

June 8, 2015 at 9:31 pm

lol..abi?..
      Buh u be correct bad belle… Actually its 2nd class upper… Asin 2:1;he said it himself

17. Helen

June 8, 2015 at 8:45 am

Congrats my dear, may God continue to promote higher and higher ijn

18. Omoluabi

June 8, 2015 at 8:59 am

Congratulations Davido. May it open more doors for you.
    Dude, see how people have rubbed caustic soda on you. Choi! Prove them wrong and get an M.Sc and PhD. (grinning).
    If half of these comments are true, then BU has shamed all its alumni. Don’t let the world start looking at those of us who left there as half baked!

19. DEE

June 8, 2015 at 9:13 am

biko when was this guy attending classes ? who were his classmates ??who be the professor wey teach am??? person see am for class before or even around campus ??? besides when he comes to look for who to impregnate… anyway

uhh, #God Is Watching You In 3D

20. anonymous

June 8, 2015 at 9:27 am

But he might have read his books oh. All it takes is to photocopy notes.

21. Kay

June 8, 2015 at 9:53 am

Hahahah david that walked out of a class and insulted the professor and still passed the class. Alright. He barely attended classes and that was in the beginning of his fame. And he was in mass comm ooo. And now he graduated with a degree in music?? Okay ooo I hear all of una.

• Nahum

June 8, 2015 at 11:16 am

Stop commenting under different names. Your avatar is still the same so we know it’s one person. You just look like a hateful troll

22. Bayowilson

June 8, 2015 at 10:01 am

What’s all this huss about? Are you guyz his classmates? Arent your arguments that he’s a truant baseless? Pls be happy for this guy for once abegi. Na you holy pass? Congrats joor Davido!

23. lorna

June 8, 2015 at 10:15 am

LMAO! i no fit laff, Belanaija don dey do aproko oo! check out the headline… “He made it!Davido is OFFICIALLY a graduate” meaning, he’s been a graduate all along and only just made it official. 🙂

24. oy

June 8, 2015 at 11:32 am

congrats. you did well.

25. TofuNation

June 8, 2015 at 11:58 am

There actually is a music lab Former ICT lab in SAT building and they have state of the art equipment. Don’t say what you don’t know.
    I have friends in music department, they transferred to Babcock from other Unis, they say David writes his mid semesters and exams sef. Again! Don’t say what you don’t know. Are you even in Babcock sef? If there’s no music department where did the Babcock University Orchestra come from? Mcheww please ignore this individual.

• TofuNation

June 8, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Okay its only mid semesters I heard sha (not sure of exams) but in my 4 years in BU I’ve seen davido on campus so he does come to school, (he’s sha VCs baby)

26. Nedu

June 8, 2015 at 2:45 pm

We know David was never in school, If he were to be in a Federal university, this dude will drop out. #Ask those that went to UI, OAU, Unilag and others.

• ayo

June 10, 2015 at 12:45 pm

i graduated from UI, you dont have to be in class or anything. As long as u come for tests and exam you are good to go. I graduated from industrial chemistry department to be precise.

27. amy

June 8, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Abeg don’t bring that federal uni private uni thing here abeg! As if he wouldn’t have paid his way through without attending a single lecture in a federal university, at least people saw David come to class and write tests, can that happen in a federal uni without gathering crowd?.. Oh please *rolls eyes* at least he’s graduating on time no strike,no cultism, no buying of handouts and he did so sitting in decent buildings with nice facilities ??? !

28. Somebody

June 8, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Excuse me please…what “pako” (pardon me) school did you attend in Canada? Certainly not the same one I attended…every single grade was EARNED!

• Bee

June 9, 2015 at 2:20 am

Thank you @somebody!!! I also schooled in Canada and I am amazed at such a statement. Canada’s system of education is one of the toughest.I don’t know which school that person. Went to o

• Olanma

June 10, 2015 at 9:44 pm

It’s very hard to believe ke? It happens in America too. Girl, you don’t know anything. I sha believe it cause it happened to a course mate of mine in Toronto. I mean, some people who are very wealthy and can afford it do it. I don’t want to call names but it happens. What Pako? Some of you are so damn ignorant. Bee, you too! Better wake up.

• Olanma

June 10, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Just because you earned yours, doesn’t mean everyone earned theirs. My roommate, Canadian, she was on another level. Some people would pay people to write exams for them with fake IDs, her, she’ll pay the professors directly. I wish I can call schools. Stop being ignorant. That you earned yours doesn’t mean everyone earned theirs. Corruption is everywhere. Pako ko, plank ni.

29. Victor Emeka

June 8, 2015 at 6:17 pm

To you all, to be candid and honest, Davido attended classes, wrote Mid semester Exams and University main Exam, all students in Babcock who truly want to be faithful can bear witness. I saw him not once, twice , trice but so many times and he was always ready, his G Wagon Jeep was on point everly parked at the Education, Arts and Humanities car park of the University. For God sake he deserves it. Congrats to Davido. If you have doubts call me +919944617813.

30. NaijaPikin

June 9, 2015 at 6:57 am

I’m not sure how schools in naija operate, but in yankee you certainly do not have to go to class to pass. Attendance is usually a max of 10% of your overall grade. The rest is some assignments and exams. So if he’s able to get notes from somewhere and self study works for him, who are you people to complain?

31. •**•

June 16, 2015 at 1:57 pm

from wat ive been hearin…davido wrote exams truly…nd surely nt everybody wouldve seen him write them so stop beefing and leave d guy alone….whether he paid for his results or worked for them, davido is successful…beefers,work for your own success…congrats bro jare

32. ben

July 13, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Hatred everywhere o.b.o kudos bro make una go graduate smellos

33. Alexander Orah

November 15, 2015 at 9:37 am

I don’t know why you guys are complaining about him going to school or not. Bro/sis if you no like am, go and buy your own result if you think kits easy