Events

rele Gallery & Laurent-Perrier Champagne Launch Art Exhibition “Strip” in Lagos!

BellaNaija.com

'Queen Of The Night' by Isaac Emokpae

‘Queen Of The Night’ by Isaac Emokpae

Lagos’ new art destination, the rele Gallery launched its fourth exhibition of modern and contemporary art, titled “Strip“, sponsored by champagne house, Laurent-Perrier Champagne.

The exhibition, curated by art/culture writer, Ayodeji Rotinwa and broadcaster and culture savant, Wana Udobang was a themed collection of nude art by a group of artists namely Kelechi Amadi-Obi, Reze Bonna, Ayoola, Ibe Ananaba, Isaac Emopkae, Logor and Toyosi Kekere-Ekun; in various exciting mediums such as Plexiglas and photography on aluminium.

The exhibition was a curatorial debut for both Ayodeji Rotinwa and Wana Udobang and was hailed by Lagos’ foremost collectors, art enthusiasts, blue bloods of the lifestyle industry and social media influencers – as a triumphant start.

Guests in attendance enjoyed glasses of Laurent-Perrier’s range of Champagne including the Brut, Demi-Sac and Rose as they took in the art on display.

Check out photos from the events below.

Adenrele Sonariwo

Adenrele Sonariwo

Ayodeji Rotinwa

Ayodeji Rotinwa, Exhibition Curator

'Queen Of The Night' by Isaac Emokpae

‘Queen Of The Night’ by Isaac Emokpae

Works by Kelechi-Amadi Obi

Works by Kelechi-Amadi Obi

Works by Ibe Ananaba

Works by Ibe Ananaba

Works by Logor

Works by Logor

Works by Ayoola Gbolahan

Works by Ayoola Gbolahan

Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image019 Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image018 Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image020Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image014

'Emotions in Motion' & 'Heightened Emotions' by Reze Bonna

Bunmi Adeyemi & Seyi Ajayi

Bunmi Adeyemi & Seyi Ajayi

Bridget Awosika & Ann Ogunsulire

Bridget Awosika & Ann Ogunsulire

Bubu Ogisi & Tomiwa

Bubu Ogisi & Tomiwa

Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image016Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image015Rele Gallery Strip Exhibition - BellaNaija - June - 2015 - image017

Ibe Ananaba & Isaac Emokpae

Ibe Ananaba & Isaac Emokpae

Ian Audifferen & Bubu Ogisi

Ian Audifferen & Bubu Ogisi

Lola Olowude

Lola Olowude

[L-R] Sanya Soyanwa, Kelechi Amadi-Obi & Miguel Enwerem

[L-R] Sanya Soyanwa, Kelechi Amadi-Obi & Miguel Enwerem

Taiwo Otitoju & Kevin Johnson-Azuara

Taiwo Otitoju & Kevin Johnson-Azuara

Shakirat Balogun & Victor Ehikhamenor

Shakirat Balogun & Victor Ehikhamenor

Rélè Gallery
5, Military Street, Onikan, Lagos.
For more information about the gallery’s exhibitions and following the gallery’s journey of contributing to the country’s fledgling art industry:
Instagram: @re.le
Twitter: @ReleGallery
Facebook: ReleGallery
__________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Content

1. me

June 4, 2015 at 1:37 pm

I guess only a woman’s body is artistic

2. yonce

June 4, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Works by Logor sha

3. chi-e-z

June 4, 2015 at 1:48 pm

menh idk bout anyone else but the emotion I convey from these works of beautiful art is pure horny-ness . Just makes me feel like is this how gorgeous and aroused my man feels when he sees me naked 😀

4. Aibee

June 4, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Err, biko, are there pictures of the male body in this “Strip” exhibition?

5. YA

June 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm

lol @ chi-e-z

Some lovely photos here…..But dear culture and art enthusiast …. help me out with my question

Why is it that whenever they are doing an exhibition that has to do with the human form, it is the female that usually has to strip or rather the female form that is usually on display? even in magazines? I know the female form is beautiful but help me to understand better, if you may.

• MEE

June 4, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I’ve also wondered about this myself, being an artist (not pro yet) I’ve noticed the female form is more graceful, more eye catching than the male form. There’s a lot more to work with than the male body. Personally I don’t think naked guys are so nice to look at…just saying, some are though :)…Also as far as photography goes, or nude paintings, I don’t know how many guys are willing to pose naked.

• chi-e-z

June 4, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Some guys bodies are work of art oh when them abs, muscular shoulders,tall and oh them lips are perfect good gosh… that’s how my first love got me spruuung he’ll take of shirt i just go limp like nothing else I can do 2 resist. I was all over him like stew on rice hehehe…

• Tosin

June 5, 2015 at 12:34 pm

my latest ex : beautiful ‘form’
      the world should see him naked.

6. polypoly

June 4, 2015 at 3:47 pm

Adebayo Lawal Oke – Come thru hunty!!!! yasssss, I see you running tinz in African fashion soonest….lawd!!! that’s a designer right there, and u can see it, not these wannabes. and I love his outfit. Please wat is that outfit called? lahhhv ittt!!!! the sandals – chaille, am on the fence.

OC Ukeje – lawd!! I don’t wanna do this. why are you always looking like a “bros”, as in nwanna bros that just kem back from the villehge. ughhh, goodlooking guy that’s just wasting it

7. Que

June 4, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Reze Bona’s work alllllll the way!!!!

8. Made

June 4, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Abstract ART!..i still dongerrit!!! some of these people tooo.., they dongerrrit.*sigh*

9. Nonye

June 4, 2015 at 6:31 pm

The works were one sided. Male body is as sensual & appealing as the female body. An artist should know that…

10. Ade

June 4, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Taiwo’s Minku, tho’

11. Tosin

June 4, 2015 at 9:06 pm

many young faces = a good thing.
    and i see one lawvely face, and superb pink tote bag 😉

12. ba

June 5, 2015 at 2:29 am

These artworks are not friendly for a living room

13. Mide G

June 18, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Whoever this Abi Akingboye guy his, he looks like a very expensive model. I like his swag…will like to have him as a brand ambassador.

• Mrs Amazing

February 4, 2016 at 6:48 pm

I know him! Let’s do Business?

14. Ebony

June 22, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Teme Banigo hi 🙂
    Bidemi Zakariyau looking like her educational fund!!
    Whooosh. Isaac Emokpae is so finee. Never imagined his face to look that way. Such a fine and creatively talented family.

15. BanaskoArt

May 25, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Great pieces. Well done to the Rele team and the featured artists.