Relationships

Yvonne Nelson Explains why ‘Nigerian guys can lie for the whole of Africa’ in Genevieve Magazine

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Yvonne Nelson0001Yvonne Nelson’s personal life is probably the most talked about across both the Ghanaian and Nigerian movie industry.

While promoting her new movie ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ the movie star has been doing media rounds and nabbed the cover of Genevieve Magazine’s July 2015 issue.

Click here if you missed it.

While chatting with Genevieve magazine, Yvonne Nelson opens up like never before about her personal life and talks about Ice Prince, Iyanya, John Dumelo and why Nigerian men are the biggest liars.

Read excerpts below.

On the feeling of being in love: I miss the late night phone calls, and the never-ending text messages. I miss that strong sense of desire that exists between two people who can’t get enough of each other. I miss that rush of adrenaline, the weakness at the knees and that joy that makes you laugh even when there’s nothing funny. I just miss loving someone and being loved in return.

On her next relationship: I don’t know yet. I can’t say I want a Nigerian, or a Gambian or a Cameroonian. When it happens, it happens. But Nigerian men can lie. Nigerian guys can lie for the whole of Africa. They will come with all the lies because they know that women respond to the things they hear. The lies are just so crazy. And I’m not some 19 year-old who just wants to have fun. I’m not in that place anymore. So I’m taking my time to get it right.

On her relationship with Ice Prince: I wasn’t in a relationship with Ice Prince; he was just a friend to me. I don’t understand the kind of attention he was trying to draw to himself by claiming we had a relationship. If he wanted to say the truth, why didn’t he just say it from the beginning? All along he’d been saying that we’re friends and all of a sudden he turns around to claim that it was more than a friendship. C’mon!

On her relationship with Iyanya: We did have a relationship. I loved him at a point. It just didn’t work out.

On the possibility of dating him again: Never! It’s like eating your vomit. No way! It’s not happening ever. As a matter of fact I’m not interested in anybody in the arts, because it is not the right place to invest time and emotions. A lot of entertainers have so much on their table, so they would not give the real thing. I know my values; I am loyal and straightforward, but a lot of entertainers are not like that. They would just lie to you and waste your time. That is because, like pilots, entertainers go around a lot. In every country a pilot goes to, he can decide to have a wife or girlfriend. So they can actually lead like a hundred different lives and none of these women will know.

On learning from past relationships: Don’t believe the hype. Don’t believe all the things men say. A man who is all-sexual from the very beginning is a no go area; he just wants to jump into bed into you. If a man truly loves you, and is ready to be with you, he will be there for you. Relationships are much more beautiful when it starts as a friendship. So you are able to goof around with the person. I love goofing around. I love to be myself and do funny videos. That’s why people think that John Dumelo and I have a thing, because John is such a perfect friend.

You can read up her full feature with Genevieve Magazine by picking up a copy of the July 2015 issue.

BN also got an exclusive with Yvonne Nelson about the positive impact of her movie and much more juicy details – which we will be bringing to you soon.

Photo Credit: Genevieve Magazine

1. FasholasLover

July 8, 2015 at 2:09 pm

All over the world, men are the same. Except, that our women in Nigeria are a tad bit docile. Religion and what will “the world say….. Have held most down in bad relationships and marriages.

• YettydKat

July 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I agree with you but things are beginning to change though slowly. Women are less tolerant of bad behaviours.

But why bash the Nigerian men? Are Ghanaian men any better?

• onetallgirl

July 8, 2015 at 4:45 pm

No that are not men are all the same around the world. Russian men can lie, American men can lie, British men can lie, etc…..

• le coco

July 8, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I knw the kind of lie that ghanian lie.. hian.. the kind of lie that makes a girl travel from her on country to ghana thinking she is getting wifed.. only to find the guy already dating another woman.. babe has already sewn her kente nd prepared her twi in a bid to impress the guys folks.. haa.. ghana guys sha.. but this lady is nt smart.. I luv her nd all.. bt gosh.. is mr.oreo? The man was at the peak of his career so y wld he wna be tied down with you . Secondly aunty Yvonne stop endorsing liars nd maybe liats will stop following you.. your best friend john dumelo is africas biggest liar..nd you sef you know it.. the guy has messed girls up from naija to america.. yet you dnt tlk to him as a friend. He will be lying to your fellow women nd you think its cool.. then you expect another man to be truthful to you.. haba aunty.. go nd sit down nd stop talking about iyanya

• Joke

July 8, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Because they can lie for Africa…Even lying Ghanaian men, claim to be Nigerian once they are caught!

2. Ba

July 8, 2015 at 2:16 pm

“Naija don teach am beta lesson”

• Taipan

July 8, 2015 at 4:22 pm

Yvonne Nelson, “”etiseh” …..When you go follow Mr. oreo, chance all our sexy Naija babes you nor know, now mr oreo has left you …move on madam

3. EllesarisEllendil

July 8, 2015 at 2:17 pm

“They will come with all the lies because they know that women respond to the things they hear.” Haba!! so Nigerian Men should come with things women won’t respond to????

To paraphrase an honourary Nigerian Kanye—-“I’d rather be a d**k(liar) than a swallower(lied to)”.

Won’t even tackle the generalization and how Nigerian Men are too numerous to categorize like that e,,t,c

4. bn lover

July 8, 2015 at 2:19 pm

Sister can u move on already???

• CovertNigerian

July 8, 2015 at 2:53 pm

You should also direct that rebuke at the journalists that seem unwilling to come up with new questions.

• iba

July 17, 2015 at 10:23 pm

She can simply say no comment but she keeps talking. Its been how long already; please move on lovie. I dont hear Iyanya talking about you like this o!

5. Engoz

July 8, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Thank God it is a Ghanaian writing this. If Bella posts an article like ‘the nigerian men we are raising’, naija men and their silly female accomplices who can’t understand the dexterity of such reputation will start crying on the internet.

• Nahum

July 8, 2015 at 8:29 pm

Thank you o! Nigerian men swear that they are the best things to happen to women, but the truth is they are just a bunch of immature cheats and liars. I was at the DMV today and this Nigerian man started ranting and raving about how women are selfish and are ingrates and their job is to help men but all they do is complain. I reminded him that Nigerian women of today help men in the bread winning so if they ask for some help in return, it is only fair. He started shouting that women are ingrates and selfish. This man obviously had issues with his wife and he was looking for someone to agree with his stupidity. I shook my head and walked away, feeling sad for his wife. Nigerian men have major issues, even Ghanians girls don’t want you, it won’t be long before no woman will marry you. You guys should stop your rubbish a beg.

• Lapetite

July 9, 2015 at 12:29 am

Bros, isn’t your dad a Nigerian? Let’s not generalize please.

6. jeanie

July 8, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Dats a big lie oooo . Men all over the world are the same

• Justme

July 8, 2015 at 4:03 pm

How do you know they are all the same? Who ask you to test them all?

7. Ibinabo

July 8, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Men lie, Women lie. end of story.

8. One chance

July 8, 2015 at 2:39 pm

If a guy lie for you, e better. If a girl lie for you, their lie can wake up a dead body esp Nigerian girls.(Scrap Nigeria- men and women lie all over the world including you)

“And I’m not some 19 year-old who just wants to have fun. I’m not in that place anymore”

Hahahah.
    reality just dawned on you?

Sorry your time has passed. Leave the scene for the young girls who wanna catch fun too.

When you tell them, they club all over town catching fun, they play guys cos there are plenty toasters on their case and when the night has come, they realize they are no longer young. They want the guy that will come marry them in a month without taking his time

How was your one chance? You enter am
    hehehe

9. Polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Ladies & gents pls stop it!!! Naija men can lie well well, no be today. Just ask african american women dat have dealt with naija men….lmao

Cant put their dicks inside trouser

• Nahum

July 8, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Naija men need Jesus, I swear! They are so f**ed up

• Oli

July 8, 2015 at 11:10 pm

That will have to include your Dad even if you don’t have a brother.

• Bitter Much?

July 9, 2015 at 10:54 am

Yeah, you in particular will never have any thing good to say about Naija guys na.. after all you shared the story that you were dumped close to the wedding day or so? Please go for therapy or something… you need it cos of the baggage you are carrying around.
      Men and Women lie all over the world,,, so stop the bullshit!

• Mrs T

December 1, 2015 at 6:31 pm

I’m married to a Nigerian and he lied to and still does, it just I’m not studio that’s all. Also men and women do lie. It just Nigerian that take advantage of American women just to get a visa are wrong in so many ways!!!!!

10. Olu

July 8, 2015 at 2:40 pm

be sincere to yaself …do some of you really want the truth …or you just want to hear what will make you feel good?

always popular to blame the men….God dey.

11. Thatgidigirl

July 8, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Nigerian men can lie? Who asked you to date the entire population of Nigerian men? When no 1 lied to you, why didn’t you back out? Instead you tried no 2, 3 to infinity. Clown!

12. mrs chidukane

July 8, 2015 at 2:41 pm

What happened to men in Ghana? What is she looking for in Nigeria?

13. Bosola

July 8, 2015 at 2:45 pm

is it me or is yvonne nelson looking lighter?

• EllesarisEllendil

July 8, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Wait……………..you can tell her weight from just pictures???? Nah you ohh

• Bosola

July 8, 2015 at 5:10 pm

skin color not weight………………………….

• Jojo

July 8, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Mumu! She was referring to her complexion, ode.

14. The Nigerian Girl in Kuwait Oil Company(KOCKW)

July 8, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Nigerian men are liars and infidels. There is no need to sugarcoat the truth.
    I am Nigerian so don’t come for me when i have not sent for you.
    Stupid Anuofiaric Nigerian men. Common truth they can’t tell. Gold digging motherfuckers!
    Borrow borrow make me rich. They lie about everything! Cheating up & down like idiots!
    If i start here ehn, this page cannot contain their story & that of poor Kenyan,Ugandan,Ethiopian, SouthAfrican, Malawian, Chinese, Zambian girls that the naija boys have shown pepper.
    419ers,yahoo yahoo, onigbese, touts!

• Renix

July 8, 2015 at 3:46 pm

Shuo. Who do you…..?

• Tkum

July 8, 2015 at 5:00 pm

co-ask….Aunty ema binu…calm down for Jesus

• DoroAnon

July 8, 2015 at 4:46 pm

As in ehn! I’m Nigerian I have heard gist of Nigerian men from my Nigerian sisters,Ghanian sisters n Zimbabwe sisters! Our Nigerian brothers. have shown them oba, My only dealing with my Nigerian brothers is my teenage crush wen I was 14yrs old *bites finger* Edet showed me pepper I followed d frog for 6yrs like a mumu 🙁 I finally left the fool! Since then Naija man no chyke me I no follow am. Ivorian bobo chyke me n I gree no time for sugar coating Mr Ivorian tells me how it is even when its the bitter truth a sister has to swallow, he has raised the bar even when long distance tried to put asunder na so so jokers. I bin dey meet. I n Mr Ivorian are back together 😀 wish us luck 😀 . Oya sermon over

• Paloma

July 8, 2015 at 5:02 pm

*so don’t come for me when i have not sent for you.* FUNNY!

• Abi

July 8, 2015 at 8:09 pm

You sound ignorant, please stop generalising besides you only attract your kind. Men and women lie.

• Osho

July 9, 2015 at 12:01 am

To Nigerian girl in Kuwait oil company – Thing is most of you will see the men that tell the truth but you will not listen to that one. You lot will be going for and looking for the same thing. For those who telling you want you want to hear. Just like Yvonne Nelson confessed. You love the lies. You can’t take the truth. You love fantasies and make belief. That’s why most of you keep falling into the hands of those men because they know what you crave. You talk of ‘borrow pose’ but would you give a second look to a regular guy with a normal job who won’t claim to have millions and living large? No so it’s a vicious cycle. They know the things you crave and want to hear and they feed you with all the lies you want to hear.

15. Certifiable

July 8, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Iyanya really did a number on this babe sha. Miss Ghanian saint aka Yvonne Nelson in the wise words of my people “abeg shift”.

16. Network

July 8, 2015 at 3:05 pm

See how they chop you pass your around
    If Ghanian men were better, what were you looking for in Nigeria?
    P. T (P*u*l*c T*i*et)

17. tosin

July 8, 2015 at 3:14 pm

why??? has someone lied to you??

18. Cecelia Asante

July 8, 2015 at 3:14 pm

@Engoz- What do you mean by ”Thank God it is a Ghanaian writing this”? Can you read at all.?The article is written by ‘Adesola Ade-Unuigbe’. How is that name even a Ghanaian name? Smh…please read before you post comments like ‘Thank God it is a Ghanaian writing this”. Ignorance gon kill you plus a failure to read. Get your facts right by reading properly before you comment Ok? Thank you.

• Tkum

July 8, 2015 at 5:02 pm

you dont just get it…she meant thank God it is a Ghanaian lady saying this and not a Nigerian lady. Thank me later.

• ISIGINI.BIKO

July 8, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Have sense small now! HABA! THE BODY OF THE ARTICLE/ ACTUAL INTERVIEW IS NOT WRITTEN BY ADE! Na Ade introduce, copy, paste and post!

19. leleo

July 8, 2015 at 3:20 pm

lol Iyanya don do this girl the thing even destroy her waist join so tey she used style and called him Vomit.

20. l

July 8, 2015 at 3:24 pm

u can feel the anger and pain via interviews… seems like Iyanya really messed up with this babe. she should just move on and stop talking about this Iyanya issue.. you live and learn. the more you keep talking about it, the more it gets boring and as for that Iyanya any girl that believes that his ready for anything serious… then your on a long thing. no woman can change a man, its only him (the guy) that can decide to change or not…. for a split second i thought it was
    sheyi shay and please that one that is asking if shes lightening… if she is, so? but is the lightening , photography skills…. my2cent!!!

• Dita

July 8, 2015 at 3:52 pm

She was asked a question about him. Abi she shouldn’t answer again? You will still say she hasn’t moved on because she’s too angry to respond.
      It is obvious She has moved on from her words. She said she is never going back to that relationship.

• Afro chic

July 10, 2015 at 2:01 pm

@Dita, dearie sm people are plAin dumb . The fact that she is answering qxtns abt him shld tell he means nothn to her and I evn doubt dis girl ever loved iyanya.Bcos de way she left de guy on a whim of suspicion And frm wot I heard frm insiders de guy begged for a long tym but she wouldn’t budge..That’s a strong proud black woman there.

21. Diddy

July 8, 2015 at 3:55 pm

forgive her cos she does not know what she is saying and as for u iyanya but why?Nne try try francophone guys. MUMU

22. gold

July 8, 2015 at 4:06 pm

Maybe she’ll stop talking about Iyanya if she isnt asked in interviews…. do you people ever think at all? just feels like u wait to pounce on someone… hian

23. Felinda

July 8, 2015 at 4:27 pm

My african brothers and sisters, lets talk – have any of you dated men from East Africa, South Africa or other West African countries. What was your experience.

The continent is so huge with so many delicious men all over, nice handsome educated ones (Christians too, cos i am sorry i cant be unequally yoked if you aint flying with Jesus) – i went to AFRICAN BUSINESS CONFERENCE held annually Harvard university -in the first quarter of the year in Boston MA -) and i met some cute cute guys some from Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Cape VErde, i mean all sorts of guys, nice nice well spoken educated smart guys, entrepreneurs and business professionals (mid 20s to 40 somethings )

After the conference on my way back home on the flight i said to myself, “African singles (men and women) our problem is we do not explore at all, ”

**Nigerians want to marry nigerians and will remain single forever if they dont find the perfect nigerian man/women they like
    **Ghanaians want to marry Ghanaians and will remain single forever if they do not find the perfect igbo man/woman they like
    **Igbos want to marry igbos and will remain single forever if they do not find the perfect igbo man/woman they like
    **Yorubas want to marry Yorubas and will remain single forever if they do not find the perfect Yoruba man/woman they like
    **Ashanti want to marry Ashanti and will remain single forever if they do not find the perfect Ashanti man/woman they like

Why dont we keep our options open, We live in a world with billions of people. I mean even if you dont like a foreigner (eg a Westerner, an oyinbo etc – i for one will never consider an akata -never ever) how about considering some nice guys from our own continent of africa. At end of the day they may not speak your language but our cultures and moral values are similar so it wont be a problem raising your children with those common values. Singles ladies and Single Men please relax ok and consider men/women from our own continent of africa. WE ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL.

i am glad with the networks and friends i made and who knows where this might lead. I am very open – i wont restrict myself any more this 2015

• polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 5:06 pm

uhmmmm sweetie I was at the Harvard ABC also…..chaille please that was a meat market if you don’t know. how many hookups happened that wknd….my dia I no fit count oh. Africans like to do undergee with folks from other countries but marry their own. those so called business savvy peeps where not there to find life partners, they wanted quick a chop & clean mouth.

btw – married naija men, why do yall cheat please???
      Jason Njoku – Mr IrokoTV was dia harassing the small girls. meanwhile has a wife at home with a kid. puhlease, naija men are quite the liars and cheaters. sory Jason that I spilled ur tea but I watching u the whole night. that liteskinned girl knew u were married too….smh

• Felinda

July 8, 2015 at 5:34 pm

your comment had me in stitches

“those so called business savvy peeps where not there to find life partners, they wanted quick a chop & clean mouth..” –

I think saw Jason – i wasnt sure it was him.. My eyes were everywhere. Those Tanzanians, Kenyas, South Africans, Zimbabwe, I mean too many. I sparked very nice intellectual conversation with all of em and made contacts (we all LINKEDIN ). But i could tell they couldnt take eyes of my big nyash and small waist including one old man like that – one of the speakers (i was thinking your wife and grandchildren are home home and you are here looking at big nyash). I wore a nice appropriate business skirt suit with my thomas pink shirt and african map cufflinks and i was really was feeling myself cos that pencil skirt suit was nice) – my shoes were hurting but i was forming lady lady tinz so i dealt with it all day

• Tkum

July 8, 2015 at 5:49 pm

loooool…..polypoly dem go soon catch you beat u ehh…ur mouth go put u for gbese…please kontinu to watch dem and catch dem all

• Thatgidigirl

July 8, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Now its my turn to scream yaaaaaasss! Poly baybay spill that tea! Jason and the laiskeen gurl part 1

• Tosin

July 8, 2015 at 7:24 pm

why?

• Summer

July 8, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Polypoly, this aint right. You ought not to hv called out anyone.

• polypoly

July 8, 2015 at 9:06 pm

@Tosin
      @Summer

– sorry but I am not here for married men that will publicly flirt and give no Forks!! He is a public figure and a speaker at Harvard Biz Conference, he did not care and was in his own world. I was star struck like, OMG thats THE Naija Startup whizkid. then I saw the liteskin delta gyal that works for a financial institution in NYC (I am giving yall droplets of this tea….yassss hunty). I was disappointed, sorry I took it personal. cos he seems like the focused and about family type. I didn’t say anything went down btwn them but…… catch this DIRT!!! he lives in NYC and so does this she (ghen ghen….lol). not for nothing, but the dancing inside that boston convention center ballroom, oh get as e be. lets hope it was just some dirty dancing and nothing more. **Polypoly rolls her eyes**

she too was all giddy up and enjoying the attention. chilleeee please, if they were both discreet then I woulda never said a word. but I read his personal blog today and saw the wifey shoutout, only for this flashback from Harvard ABC to come back…….Nessssa Gurrllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I am one to keep secrets but when u act like no one is watching, u just gave us license to gossip. And that lite skin gyal is much younger than him.

Women are their own worst enemies oh. you want me to keep quiet, while Mary Njoku is naija with the baby and he is posting on twitter about family dis & dat. bye Felicia!!!!!

if you don’t want people to talk, don’t do ur dirt in public….be discreet around nigerians.
      ps: I know this girl in question very well. I am not saying any more than this.

• Ello Bae

July 8, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Ladi is that you?

• californiabawlar

July 9, 2015 at 12:20 am

This woman!!! Chai!! So you decided to write in proper English today…all because of this hot tea you have to serve? lmao!! For this your valiant endeavor, girlie, you deserve a column on BN. Collecting dirt on celebrities in obodo oyinbo since 1914.
      Your response to those who tried coming for you for exposing Mr. Njoku is quite apt. How on earth would he choose to embarrass his wife like that? mssscheww…It doesn’t take much to generalize Nigerian men jere…they make it too easy!jeez!

Meanwhile…there was once a time in BN history when this comment wouldn’t have been approved…I DO NOT miss those days!!

• Tosin

July 9, 2015 at 5:21 am

thanks for explaining, pp. i still vote mind your business.

• red

July 9, 2015 at 1:44 pm

POLYPOLY AND CALIFORNIAB, i love you guys walahi…lol

• Tari

July 9, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I read your long epistle thinking I was going to see some pearls of wisdom.
      I have been around the continent and lived in more than 3 countries in Africa and I can confidently tell you that the case is same in Lagos, Abuja, Accra, Freetown, Cape town and Joburg. Men and women are lying and cheating in equal measure. The cry you hear from ladies in Lagos is being replicated in Jo’burg and Lusaka at this very moment. There is nothing different.

24. Ashley

July 8, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Haha at Ice Prince. FWB.

25. enkay

July 8, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Yvonne they must have done strong thing to you. Sorry.

26. Ebony

July 8, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Lol, welcome to our world.
    That’s how my ex said he was visiting his mum and “just took her to the market, you know you women na”. I was waiting and waiting.
    Called his mum to greet her and she asked if I was with her son O_o.

That pilot statement/generalization is quite ignorant though.

27. i no send

July 8, 2015 at 5:02 pm

abeg shift aunty…Its a known fact that Nigerian men (bad as they are) are desired by other African women a lot… (from ghana to SA ) ..Cos our men seem to have this confident swag and i was told spend on women more than their own docile men….women love the bad guys period..

• le coco

July 8, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Abi oo.. she knows tht she wntd the bad guy swag.. its jst so stupid of her to think tht iyanya was mr. Right.. mtchew.. I guess she is jst as gullible as a lot of women

28. A Real Nigerian

July 8, 2015 at 5:03 pm

“Gbam”
    “Lie for Africa”
    “… is bae”
    Retarded phrases that need to stop right now.

• owelle

July 31, 2015 at 12:03 pm

“Gbam” is an Igbo affirmation word. I don’t need to stop speaking my language. Thank you.

29. Bosola

July 8, 2015 at 5:09 pm

skin color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Ogamazi

July 8, 2015 at 5:34 pm

How has this post helped Nigerian govt with the fight over BH or PMB’s not appointing ministers yet which are very sure I will make the list. #AbegPostBetterThingJorr

31. Chief

July 8, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Here they go again!! Bn and their social engineering against Nigeria men.

32. le coco

July 8, 2015 at 6:41 pm

unty.. im am not saying naija guys r saints oo.. bt it all boils down to experience. .. please ask your zimbabwean, zambian, sa nd all others why they dont date their men.. please I can tell you for a fact tht zimbabwean men nd zambian men r useless.. please please nobody shld cm nd talk wht they dont knw.. these ladies will only tell you half truths.. Why ddnt they date their country men nw.. abeggi.. I have had multiple experiences with the above mentioned nd I am nt speaking hear say or half truths or isolated cases of only meeting one or two of them. . I have met Alot.. I go to school with them.. nd go to church with them. I have also met the refined ones.. nd their own equivalent of kpakos nd agberos.. these men have no shame… nd its quite sad.. nd that is the reason their women r not dating them.. lets b honest a naija guy will cheat on you.. but at least he will still manages to be Your man.. he will still hv respect for himself. . Nd do his “husbandly” or” boyfriendly” duties.. but zambians nd Esspecially zimbabweans.. wil still be cheating nd beating nd lying despite fact that they no get job nd r very comfortable collecting allowance from girlfriend. . Zimbabwean guys r particularly possessive.. I have had multiple experiences with them.. they see no problem grabbing women violently by the arm, slapping yur ass (happened to me n my friend).. ONE GUY EVEn pulled out a knife for me in an alley. . It was no joke .. one even demanded tht I MUST be his girlfriend.TRYING TO LOVE ME TO DEATH (Literally) . Asin c me c trouble oo….
    LADIES.. DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE…. I am nt here to endorse naija guys.. bt the fact remains, men wil b men. No matter what country they r from..

• le coco

July 8, 2015 at 10:00 pm

@sharon.. I ddnt mean to generalise.. was jst trying to make my point tht men will be liars regardless of nationality.. nd of course I have met sm nice zim guys… like I said in my post I hv met refined guys frm all over.. no disrespect intended..

• Bella

July 9, 2015 at 11:03 am

“Esspecially zimbabweans.. wil still be cheating nd beating nd lying despite fact that they no get job nd r very comfortable collecting allowance from girlfriend” – collecting allowance from which naija babe ????

33. blackcoffee

July 8, 2015 at 6:41 pm

The truth hurt but naija guys sabi lie well well… the thing is in their blood stream….

34. chy

July 8, 2015 at 7:05 pm

yvonne its obvious ur just tall with no brain.next time be careful how u open ur legs for the guys in entertainment industry.

35. The Observer

July 8, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Stop Talking about him Yvonne, simple! When asked by magazines or whoever in an interview simply give a “Don’t want to talk about it” or “i’ve moved on from that” answer”. Go check out the video of how Kelly Rowland shut down the lady who was interviewing her and kept on asking her Beyonce this Beyonce that. She quickly said “Girl you’re interviewing me, ask me about me” Period!. You should do same. Don’t feel obliged to answer.

• Ama

July 8, 2015 at 10:53 pm

Completely agree with you. Why is Yvonne Nelson still talking publicly about a relationship she had over 5 years ago? Has she not moved on? I am sure Iyanya is still somewhere saying “this woman still loves me”, aaba!

36. Uncle

July 8, 2015 at 8:07 pm

@Nigerian girl in Kuwait oil company,as a Nigerian man I hereby pray that no Nigerian man will marry you since you hate us.I pray that no Nigerian will toast and ask you for marriage and so shall it be.Amen

37. Spotlezz

July 8, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Did no ghanians ask her out?? maybe dat is the reason she accepted Iyanya..and If Nigerian men can lie then wat can Ghanian men do??

38. ola

July 8, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Wait….can’t yvonne stop talking about Iyanya. Isn’t she tired. Tis obvious she was hurt really bad and just cannot get over it. I once heard that she acted a movie where she was supposed to chant something @ a herbalist’s and all she kept saying was “Iyanya kurukere, Iyanya kurukere!” (that was supposed to be her chant). Heard it on sound city ni o. She should move on abeg. Plus, journalists PLS STOP asking about Iyanya. Aren’t there any more Qs to ask? It doesn’t have to be personal, could be about her career. E done do, abeg! Abi Kilode gan na?

39. Jojo

July 8, 2015 at 8:39 pm

sour grapes. Yvonne, it just didn’t work out. Look forward unless you are trying to draw attention to yourself. You have been missing from the spotlight.. since you describe you old BF’s as vomit, maybe the think you are vomit too?

How about the men in Ghana? they are all so honest that it has been working out a lot..??????

40. Oga Titus

July 8, 2015 at 8:42 pm

African girls are obsessed with Nigerian men period!!Nigeria men are gold among African girls,no matter how BN Nigerian girls try to disrespect and bring us down.We are big fish in the ocean!!!

41. Aj

July 8, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Lol she is right about pilots.

42. BlueEyed

July 8, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Abeg other African men are boring….asides Few Ghanaians and Cameroonians those dudes in the South of Africa grate on my nerves….tryna be smooth with their Kanye circa 1999 swag. chile! Miss me with all that bullshit!

43. Caligula

July 8, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Ghanaian chicks always push up on Nigerian men. And dey have the audacity to complain after our boys teach them lesson. She sounds like they did a number on her. Ndo o Aunty Yvonne & the rest of the Ghanaian babes

44. Brighton Lad

July 8, 2015 at 11:24 pm

@ Felinda who tld u u have a big nyash and small waist. Keep looking at urself in the mirror and b deceiving urself…. And ladies if u think naija men are the greatest liars and u can’t deal pls u r free to explore….

45. Osho

July 8, 2015 at 11:56 pm

46. godess of the earth

July 9, 2015 at 5:25 am

Yvonne you are beautiful and your hair is giving me major life! But hunty you sound ignorant generalizing a whole country’s male population is quite bigoted. If you are meeting these kind of Nigerian men its a you problem.
    Because if you keep attracting scoundrels maybe its time to focus on fixing you so when the right person comes along regardless of nationality you can recognize a good guy.

47. Kemigisa

July 9, 2015 at 6:56 am

All men are the same………full stoppppppppppppppp.

48. Chi!

July 9, 2015 at 11:48 am

Very honest n straightforward interview Yvonne! i learnt a lot from dis. I love u more for dis n I pray u find true love soon! am gonna go check out ur movie at d cinema cos of dis!

49. Yaa Serwaa nartey

July 10, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Yeah!!yea!!yeah!! Pls dnt flatter urself this so funny! I’m a ghanaian and my family will never allow me to marry a nigerian. I myself dnt evn want it.The average Gh Girl doesnt want a nigerian man at least not as a. ‘Husband’ cos they will b stigmatised and they Cnt inherit any royal stool in de Family. Yes som ghanaian Girls like nigerian Guys but de truth is …its for Money ‘de Gold diggers’ and those Girls who are perceive to be Loose that de average ghanaian man doesnt want.One thing Abt Gtanaian men is… They hv this unique ‘pride and ego ‘so they prefer women who come out as pure, clean, honorable,decent,respectful etc.Usually for de average Ghanaian man considers character first before looks whn it come to relationship.Those naijans deceiving urself dat Ghanaian women like u dat wil be abt 2 percent. Dnt go to sm ghettos in Accra alone and use that as an accurate data measure or sample.Accara is lyk 5 percent of Gh.i love people like bellanaija editor or owner they so enlightened, liberal and gv meaning to education.so I cm here always. But trust me abt 95 percent of gh girls think like me. I blame it on de bad stuff we grow up hearing abt nigerians in our homes .

• Linda

July 10, 2015 at 5:05 pm

Yes as a Ghanaian you have spoken the truth . Only underprivileged girls from the ghettos and poor homes date Nigerian men cos they want a way out and possibly that man may have money (legit or not 🙂 ).

Any decent girl from a decent home may may date a naija man for fun, but she knows never to bring them home for marriage or she will be disowned. They will say ” Ewurade yesu, wu kor ware Alata niiiii” – They same way naijas look down on us sometimes cos they think the illiterates that migrated to Agege back in the day represents all Ghanaian, (which is an ignorant foolish assumption) – Honey, the feeling is mutual.

So in conclusion get this straight an educated Ghanaian girl raised in a decent home (possibly Accra) went to good international schools , eloquent, articulate, well versed and with educated parents and well brought up WILL NEVER MARRY A NIGERIAN And that is a fact. You look down on us, we do same (matter of fact we are afraid of you, as in 419, money ritual etc)

They might date and fck em once in a while and chop some of the money. But marrying is a no go zone. Even if it happens it is few and far between.

So dont get all big headed bragging like your men our gold mine to all african ladies.

(Yaa serwaa learn to spell correctly this short hand writing is so uncouth, eww)

• Boss

July 12, 2015 at 2:29 pm

And which reasonable Nigerian Guy would wanna marry a Ghanaian as a wife in the first place? A average Nigerian thinking when it comes to marriage is always reduced to tribal level (with few exception). Don’t get it twisted, Na to chop and pass be other African women dey be to us. We like to explore, but at the end of the day, our conclusion is “Na home better”

• Anonymous

October 15, 2015 at 9:03 pm

You hear bad stuff about Nigerians at home right? You Ghanaians are ingrates and hypocrites! Y’all would kiss our asses and go back to talk shit! Do you think a Nigerian man wants any Ghanaian slut as his wife? You’re here saying the girls in gh don’t want naija men lol! That’s a bloody lie! They are dying to have our men. See as Yvonne was dying for iyanya and he was just upcoming o I believe he didn’t have the kind of money she must have had. So what are you saying? That they follow our men because of money? Think before you talk abeg

50. Nonhle Idris

July 10, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Why do Nigerians feel so pompous – the whole nation of Nigeria thinks every other African country is beneath them. You are the most populous nation but trust me yall aint ish. I mean i see this all the time from you guys, you even create award shows call it “Africa Awards etc etc ” yet 90% nominees are Nigerians – Real housewives of Africa yet the whole cast is nigerian, i mean are you freaking kiding me. SA is the best country economically in africa yet no bragging. Kenyas bags global entertainment (oscars) awards yet you all started 20 yrs ago and we still aint seen shyt.

See how you are all hear bragging like Your men are Gods Gift to women and every African woman wants them. You are delusional. Dont you all know you guys are a stigma in many other african countries for someone to bring yall home as a partner/ Dont get it twisted you lot entertain us well and we love your movies and music, but honey it stops right there okay. Get off your high horse. There are nice DECENT african men all across the continent. So dont go bragging all African girls Want Nigerian men. Its foolish statement to make

• Anonymous

October 15, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Lmao! I can see that you’re really pained. Aww but sorry how can we make your pain go away? Looool! Mehn stop hatin for no reason. Yes Nigerian men are the bomb. It’s not our fault that we’re proud to claim them in public. I wonder where you’re from and I wonder if you can claim your men coz this your jealousy is too much! As for real housewives of “Africa” is Nigeria not still Africa? Is it our fault that we couldn’t get nice actors from your side. Please if you’re really pained just jump over a cliff! Or you hang yourself! Idiot!

51. Riah

October 17, 2015 at 6:32 pm

My dear Yvonne, wen mr Oreo sang about u in “all i want is ur waist” i guess ur whr on cloud nine…did u just realize that all he wanted ws ur waist? Even d ice prince ur talking about is more popular than u. I mean how many movies hv u bn in DAT is making u thinking ur popular? Sister pls Ghanaians r also stupid & useless