Sweet Spot

Wendy Williams Shares how She Dealt with her 14 year old Son’s Struggle with Synthetic Marijuana

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Wendy Williams

Talk show host Wendy Williams is back with season 7 of her syndicated show ‘The Wendy Williams Show’ and on episode 1 of the new season she shared her summer experiences with her audience (co-hosts).

She started off talking about the viral video of her tumble, her comedy tour and then things got serious as Wendy talked about her 14-year-old son Kevin Hunter Jnr, who struggled with synthetic marijuana and had to get help.

Wendy explained how he got hooked on the stuff, how the family handled it and some advice to parents out there.

Read what she said below.

“So the most important thing that happened this summer, which was a life-changing thing for the Hunter family, is our son was made exposed to synthetic marijuana and he was exposed by a loved one who he looked up to. It’s one of those pens where you don’t see the smoke and you don’t smell anything. I was duped. Our kid had been smoking this mess. He got turned out…to the point where he went off the rails for a moment. The reason that we, me and my husband and my son, we are choosing to share this with you, this is not a surprise to any of us. We’ve had several family meetings over the summer and it was so hard for me to be on the road because Kevin and Kevin Jr. were not there with me and I’m trying to make funny on the tour, but in actuality my heart is breaking and my son could’ve been dead. To the parents and guardians watching right now, just talk to your kids. This synthetic marijuana, there was only like 2 percent THC in it. The rest was of it was factory manufactured mess. Fortunately, Kevin has two parents who took harness of the thing. We took him out of the country for holistic treatment. We didn’t want to pump him up with psychiatric drugs and all that other kind of mess. I’m glad to say our boy is on the good side of good now.”

Watch what she said below.

1. LT

September 16, 2015 at 8:18 am

Unfortunately she missed talking about another potential factor in his usage – the genetic predisposition. She herself used drugs. Hopefully, that was factored into his treatment so that he might have the best possible chance for a positive recovery.

I’m glad she (as she does to others) revealed.this on her show as we are all simply human, and not one of us is bullet proof!

• Tiki

September 16, 2015 at 9:14 am

You just had to throw her own drug use in there, didn’t you?

Somebody’s a judgey George(ina) trying to hide behind (fake) sympathy/concern.

2. beauty

September 16, 2015 at 9:31 am

According to my sweet mum, if they don’t get the parents, they come straight for the children. Its always essential for parents to take time out of their lives to monitor their children. I’m so happy that they were able to deal with this issue before it got out of hand!

• larz

September 16, 2015 at 12:00 pm

who are they?

• George

September 16, 2015 at 1:18 pm

Awon aiye

• Manny

September 17, 2015 at 3:23 am

Wendy’s village people I suppose 🙂

3. DD

September 16, 2015 at 9:42 am

Well done to her for sharing, and it’s good they were able to quickly get him some help. Too many young people are initiated into drugs by people they trust.

4. Karl

September 16, 2015 at 11:40 am

I’m not hating but Wendy needs to get her family issues sorted. From her husband cheating on her to her son on drugs. Maybe it’s just karma from all those stories on hot topics

5. Jhennique

September 16, 2015 at 12:01 pm

I dont care for this woman. She always has something bad to say bout people

6. Tee

September 16, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Wendy, you don’t have any excuse, did I hear you say 14yrs, oh my goodness. I wouldn’t be bothered if it was coming from a naive parent, but you are street wise, you appear smart and diss parents who are not doing their jobs e.g Kylie Jenner’s case and many more. I love the way you don’t allow rubbish or nasty youthful exuberance on your show but you haven’t demonstrated that in your home. Maybe you should practice what you preach or better still slow down or bad parenting on your comment/hot topics since you fall in that category too. It’s shameful! Your 14yr old is def not moniitored and needs you more now.

• Ada Nnewi

September 16, 2015 at 1:52 pm

7. JustJanet

September 16, 2015 at 12:32 pm

At least she was honest.

8. Gee

September 16, 2015 at 7:46 pm

@justjanet she is not being truthful..she is being smart. doesn’t want the gist to come out from other sources. Foul mouthed woman…

• Manny

September 17, 2015 at 3:24 am

Exacto.. break the news yourself and save face

9. anonymous

September 16, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Omg, she’s a woman with a family?? , I always thought she was a trannie, she just looks weird and synthetic and manly and big…. oops.. .

10. Ebere

September 17, 2015 at 3:09 am

Sometimes you just have to put your past in the trash because kids are copy cats,once you flaunt it to their face that you smoked marijuana while growing up, did all sort of drugs or repeated a class back in school, you just gave them a free pass to do the same (after all mummy or daddy did it). So shut up and lie to them if you can (Tell them that you were always first in class if that will motivate them to succeed), then if eventually they find themselves failing or they drift away by doing drugs or what not, then you can get them help and find a way to encourage them to make better choices……..Period.